Exclusive Official 2018 Trade Deadline Thread

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by BonesJones, Jan 23, 2018.

1. BonesJones

BonesJones https://www.youtube.com/c/blazersuprise

2. AFully22

AFully22 Well-Known Member

Jabari Parker looks fucking good his first game back FYI. Kids an all star if he stays healthy.

BonesJones likes this.
  3. BonesJones

Evan Turner and a pick for Wesley Matthews please.

4. Gronk Brady

Gronk Brady Well-Known Member

What a terrible idea... give up a 1st for Matthews??? Doesn’t make us better or cut salary and you want to give up future asset... and u complain about getting all nba player like DeAndre and your solution is trade a 1st for Wes... wow

Wes will be 32 next year, and averages 14 points in 35 minutes... and shooting 40%fg

5. BonesJones

We give up a 1st to get rid of Turners contract as well as improve our team. You dont think switching Turner for Wes makes us better? WTF? It's a bigger upgrade than Nurk to DeAndre

You keep pounding the cliche, casual fan argument of "hes been All-NBA". But when I posted stats PROVING his decline, you had no response. And now you come back with "All-NBA in the past!!!"... Not only do you want to pay a declining center $25M+ for the next 3 years, you eant to give up Nurk and picks to do so! Yet you don't want to get rid of Turner and replace him with Wes for the price of a pick? Lmao. Okay bud.

6. KeepOnRollin

KeepOnRollin Well-Known Member

I think @BrianFromWA has laid out how we are going to need all the picks we have (and more if we can get them) going forward to have any chance of not being in luxury tax hell 2-3 years from now.

7. Gronk Brady

Wes is complete garbage... he shoots 40% fg, and scores only 14 ppg in 35 min... he will be 32 to start next season... and his contract is just as bad as Turner... I don’t see how he makes us better on court or improves salary situation. And you want to give up a 1st... this might be the single worst idea I’ve ever seen on this board

Wes salary is actually worse than Turner FYI

riverman likes this.
  8. BonesJones

Well attaching a pick with Turner helps that, does it not?

9. BrianFromWA

BrianFromWA Editor in Chief Staff Member Editor in Chief

Oh, we're going to be in lux-tax hell. But keeping and getting more picks will keep us out of the 7th circle of pretending we're a Russian Oligarch or something.

KeepOnRollin likes this.
  10. KeepOnRollin

Not if the salary coming back is as close in size. Basically it is shuffling the deck and giving up a 1st to do so.

blue9 likes this.
  11. KeepOnRollin

Can you link Bones to that piece. I am of course too lazy to find it (plus I would - and probably did - describe it wrong).

12. BrianFromWA

BrianFromWA Editor in Chief Staff Member Editor in Chief

they were in the "Tough Decisions", at least the first 3 parts. I have a couple ideas for other options but have been a tad busy the last few days.

13. BonesJones

No, the worst idea on this board is you're clamoring for DeAndre Jordan. You have no logical argument for wanting to do that. I brought logic and stats to the argument after you claimed I had "no-basis" for not wanting DeAndre and you couldn't even muster a reply. But then you come back with "All-NBA!". Lmao, okay. You can't even participate in logical debate as to why we should trade picks and Nurkic for him.

Wesley shoots many more 3s than 2s, so his FG% is reflective of that. His most common shot (his 3) is efficient at 38%. I'd bet that his efficiency would improve playing next to actual NBA players like Dame and CJ, as he's taking tough mid-range jumpers in Dallas, which would be reduced here. His defense is still solid. He has an even BPM (compared to Turners -1.6). His contract expires a year sooner than Turner's. His contract is actually tradeable though, as it's not great but he's much better than Turner, so we'd have the flexibility to do with him as we want.

But if it's so uneven then we should be able to get their early 2nd round pick (#33). That's definitely worth it.

14. BonesJones

But he's expiring sooner and would be tradeable this off-season due to his sooner-expiring contract and skillset that teams actually covet.

I'd do Turner, Harkless, and a 1st for Matthews, McRoberts, and a 2nd. That would help us even more with our tax issues as we'd get under the tax for this year and McRoberts is expiring.

15. Gronk Brady

Hahahaha! You are so rediculous that I can’t even respond...

16. BonesJones

Don't mistake your own ignorance for my ridiculousness.

17. KeepOnRollin

You are trading for a guy just to retrade him? Ya that will go over well. Him being 1 year shorter doesn't matter much as we will be in luxury tax hell before Turner's last year. No 1sts to make up for Olshey's mistakes. He can send a 2nd. We are going to need firsts after the guy is fired.

18. Gronk Brady

Let me get this straight... you think DeAndre Jordan, who leads the league in rebounding and fg % this year, and was all nba first team 2 seasons ago is over the hill at 29... but you want to give up a 1st rd pick for undersized 32 year old Wes Matthews who gets paid more than Turner.... hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!

19. BonesJones

We don't have to retrade him, I'd rather keep him for his last year and solve our tax issues in other ways. Keep him for his last year as an upgrade to our rotation which would make us much better. However, if we had to, we could retrade him and likely receive a 2nd round pick or two. That would essentially be the same as trading Turner and a 1st now and getting back a one or two second round picks. How is that a bad option? You wouldn't do that?

20. Mediocre Man

Mediocre Man Mr. SportsTwo

So was Oden, Bowie, etc