Official 76ers Draft Thread

Discussion in 'Philadelphia 76ers' started by Really Lost One, Jan 19, 2007.

1. B.e.

B.e. The One Who Score Touchdowns and Spikes Mics

I think the 76ers need a guard as well, Andre Miller isn't going to be around for long, so the first thing the 76ers should try to adress is the nucleus of the teams future in a point guard. There is also a pretty big hole at P, so who knows what King will do.

2. Answer_AI03

Answer_AI03 JBB JustBBall Member

The best thing to do is fill the gap at PF because of the talent that there is in that position this year. We need to trade up and get the best big man possible. That would really solidify our lineup.

3. Master Shake

Master Shake young phoenix

I think try to trade for a guy like Yi, or get Noah, as much as I hate him. He is a hard worker, and can be a guy like varejeo with energy.

4. Midnight Green

Midnight Green NFLC nflcentral.net Member

I'm in love with the idea of drafting Javaris Crittenton to be our future point guard right now. A tall point guard like him would be a perfect fit.

5. Midnight Green

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Philadelphia is having those same talks with their two picks in the twenties (#21 and #30). It?s possible they try to move up to #17 and select Jason Smith, who had a terrific workout for them early in the process.
    </div>

Source: draftexpress

Why do I have a feeling King is going to mess this draft up badly?

6. Diesel

Diesel BBW Member

Here's how my perfect Draft would go for the Sixers.

12th pick: Thadeus Young
    21st pick: Sean Williams
    30th pick: Glen Davis
    38th pick: Petteri Koponen

Thadeus Young was a freshmen stud at Georgia Tech and coming out of High School was projected to be a top 5 pick. I have no idea why he's fallen so much, but I think this guy can make a big impacti nt he NBA.

Sean Williams would be kinda of a risk, because he has a bad attitude, but this guy other than Oden is the best shot blocker in the draft and a force defensively. He has all the tools to be an amazing NBA player.

Glen Davis would be a nice pick with our second round pick. He is the strongest player in the draft. He could still move guys even in the NBA. He is really a good guy too. Good guy to have in the locker room.

Petteri Koponen is a PG from Finland. He's kind of unknown, but with the 38th pick we can afford to take a gamble. He's a tough guy, a very good defender because of his wingspan and passing lanes delfections. I just don't know if he's quite NBA ready yet. He would probably be a project, but has a high reward.

7. Midnight Green

Sean Williams should not even be considered an option for us, the guy is Eddie Griffin 2.0.

8. Answer_AI03

Answer_AI03 JBB JustBBall Member

Diesel:
    <div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">12th pick: Thadeus Young
    21st pick: Sean Williams
    30th pick: Glen Davis
    38th pick: Petteri Koponen</div>

I think Thadeus Young is kind of an intriuging pick, but none of those picks really full or most serious need, a scoring PF. We already have Sammy D and Hunter so i dont know why we would want sean williams. Glen davis would be a decent pick with our 38th pick. I think taking Young or Crittention at 12 would be great and then trade up for Jason Smith at 17. That in my opinoin would be the best possible scenerio with the exception of trading up for Wright of Horford.

9. B.e.

B.e. The One Who Score Touchdowns and Spikes Mics

<div class="quote_poster">Blur Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Source: draftexpress

Why do I have a feeling King is going to mess this draft up badly?</div>
    I agree, I have a bad feeling abou this draft.

10. Midnight Green

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">King revealed that he and his staff had a telephone conversation Thursday with Tiago Splitter, the 6-11 Brazilian forward who had been an early entry in the draft the previous 3 years and withdrew each time. Splitter, 22, has spent the last four seasons with Tau Ceramica Vitoria in Spain's top division. He has never averaged more than 11.2 points in Spain's ACB League and never more than 10.7 in Euroleague competition. Still, his existing contract includes a significant buyout clause.

King also said in an e-mail response that there was no truth to a DraftExpress.net rumor that had the Sixers trading up from No. 21 to select 6-11 Colorado State forward/center Jason Smith.</div>

Source: Philly.com

11. Midnight Green

One hour!!!

12. Midnight Green

Wright still on the board is King asleep? If he doesn't trade with the Bobcats then he might as well kiss Brandan Wright good bye, because Chicago won't pass him up.

13. Midnight Green

THADDEUS YOUNG!!!!!!!!!!!!! Welcome to Philadelphia. Good start to the night for King.

14. Smitty

Smitty brush em off.

Good pick.

15. Midnight Green

I'm going to hold off on the celebration, but if there is one thing King does well it is draft imo. Great start.

16. Courtking

Courtking Courtking

I'm not sure, I guess I really just didn't see this coming. What does Thaddeus Young bring to the table that Rodney Carney doesn't? Both are athletic, both can shoot, and both can't rebound. This doesn't improve the team at all unless King has something up his sleeve with either Korver or Carney. We should have picked Thornton, Wright, even Jason Smith.

Grant it, Young has the highest ceiling of anyone in the draft. I'd like to see them take someone like Thornton or Wright if they were going with a wing.

Now to prepare for the 21, hopefully it's not McRoberts.

Blur, are you on the phone with Billy King or something? [​IMG]

17. Midnight Green

<div class="quote_poster">C.K. Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">

Blur, are you on the phone with Billy King or something? [​IMG]</div>

We are talking about the 21 right now if Javaris is on the board and we draft him I will **** myself. Two great young guys. I think Josh may be there at 30. From this point on if we draft any of the following I will be satisfied Byars, Almond, Javaris, Davis, or McRoberts (don't really want him but need size).

I'm also going to add Tiago Splitter to the list (the Brazilian in me has to do it). Its going to take a extra year for him to come over because his buy out is over a million, but he has star potential.

18. Midnight Green

Well we are going to trade Cook to Miami for Smith. I would rather keep Cook, but I understand this we need size.

19. Smitty

Smitty brush em off.

20. Midnight Green

Byars! Almond! Tiago! Pick one of them at 30 please Bilyl King.

On a side note I wish we had an owner committed to winning like the Blazers owner. I would of loved to have added Rudy to our team.