Official 76ers Draft Thread

Discussion in 'Philadelphia 76ers' started by Really Lost One, Jan 19, 2007.

1. Courtking

Courtking Courtking

Really don't like the acquisition of Smith. He's soft, and not the kind of post player that we need in the post. I really wonder what it would take to trade up to grab either Marco Belinelli or Javaris Crittenton. Billy King has the perfect opportunity to land either of them by holding the 30 pick in front of both the Warriors and Lakers and hoping that they would bite.

2. Midnight Green

Midnight Green NFLC nflcentral.net Member

What the hell is King doing right now he needs to secure Byars or Tiago Splitter right now. I would send the 30 and some cash to San Antonio to guarantee we get one of those two.

3. Midnight Green

Billy King can burn in basketball hell, fire King!

4. dallasdude

dallasdude JBB JustBBall Member

Waste of a draft for the sixers. Expect to be in the lottery for the next decade.

5. Smitty

Smitty brush em off.

That's what I get for getting my hopes up....

6. Courtking

Courtking Courtking

WHY!?!?!? King obviously had a promise to this joker or something because DERRICK BYARS WAS ON THE BOARD. He's 6-7, and established college player--honestly I don't want to talk about this guy anymore, it will just make me more angry.

Billy King seems like he's picking these players just to save his general manager position. All are going to take years to develop, and he'll always have this draft to fall back on when he's looking for a new job in a few years.

7. Midnight Green

Byars still slipping, King if you don't plant to be axed you better trade up to get him.

8. Smitty

Smitty brush em off.

Byars is still on the friggin board and he picks some unknown guy?

Wtf is Billy on tonight?

9. Midnight Green

I'm taking a bus of Philly fans to the 76ers complex to beat down Billy King anyone want to come?

10. Smitty

Smitty brush em off.

FINALLY they take Byars.

11. Midnight Green

Billy Got Bailed Out. Welcome Derrick Byars Finally.

12. Courtking

Courtking Courtking

Finally we grab Byars. Still disappointing to me that it took Billy three times to get it right. With Young and Byars in Philadelphia, paired with Carney and Bobby Jones from last year, can we really start considering trade options for Kyle Korver? His value seems as high as it will be at this point, and it would be fantastic if we could grab a power forward in exchange for him.

13. Midnight Green

<div class="quote_poster">C.K. Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Finally we grab Byars. Still disappointing to me that it took Billy three times to get it right. With Young and Byars in Philadelphia, paired with Carney and Bobby Jones from last year, can we really start considering trade options for Kyle Korver? His value seems as high as it will be at this point, and it would be fantastic if we could grab a power forward in exchange for him.</div>

We have to trade someone at this point we have way to many swing players. I believe Korver and Green will be shopped heavily.

14. N4S

N4S BBW Member

Should throw Sammies lame *ss in there too.

15. Midnight Green

After Billy King nearly made me commit suicide twice, I came away rather satisfied at the end of the night. We finally got Byars and we made a nice lottery pick taking Thaddeus Young, the kid is a future all star in my opinion. I'm extremely excited to see what we do in free agency hopefully we don't make any stupid signings and save our money for the 08' class. I think the 76ers now have hope for the future.

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Should throw Sammies lame *ss in there too.</div>
    I would love to unload Sammy he had a monster year on the boards, but he is never going to develop offensively into a player worth the contract we gave him. However, if we trade him we are left with a front court of Smith, Smith, and Hunter......so we have no other option but to keep him right now.

16. Smitty

Smitty brush em off.

We traded that Ukraine dude for Herbert Hill, any info on him?

17. Midnight Green

<div class="quote_poster">Smitty Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">We traded that Ukraine dude for Herbert Hill, any info on him?</div>

Did we really? Do you have a link, thats a pretty good trade. Hill is a mobile 6'10 power forward, I think Cheeks is really trying to establish a run and gun offense next year similar to the one the Suns have in place. He now has the players to do it with. Hill is also a great passer for a big man from the post up position. I am very excited for next season.

BTW N4S nice to see you post man miss seeing you around the sixers board, as actively as you use to be. Great to see you back in here man. Hopefully AXB, Brian, and Avery come back soon and we can get this place active again.

18. Smitty

Smitty brush em off.

They said it on CSN after the Billy King press conference.

19. Midnight Green

<div class="quote_poster">Smitty Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">They said it on CSN after the Billy King press conference.</div>

Ah, I wish I still had comcast cable, damn direct TV doesn't give me CSN. This team next year if nothing else is going to be very exciting to watch, its going to be a marathon from start to finish young athletic players who can run the court and finish with authority.

20. B.e.

B.e. The One Who Score Touchdowns and Spikes Mics

I am satisfied with the draft as well. Although the front court is still thin, this team has a lot of young athletic players. Hopefully Thadd can be the clear cut scorer the 76ers need as well. Andre is more suitable as a second option in my eyes. I know Young probably could have came into the league straight out of high school if it wasn't for that rule...so I have faith in his game.

Hopefully Jason Smith can contribute something in the low post...although I'm not expecting much from him or Byars.

What is the salary cap situation looking like for this team in the future anyway?