OFFICIAL AROUND THE NBA THREAD- February 2021

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by SlyPokerDog, Feb 1, 2021.

1. Tince

Tince Well-Known Member

This is a tricky one for me.

The all-star game is certainly a source of revenue for the league, and therefore the players.

The league and players have decided that the current climate is safe to play basketball in order for them to make money. Having an all-star game isn't really any more risky than playing any other NBA game. We've seen all-star games in seasons where there were far more back-to-backs, so I'm not sure the rest claim is valid either.

I guess I think they should play, thuogh I could care less.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2021
  2. PHXBlazer1

PHXBlazer1 Well-Known Member

So was he pulled from the game because they’re still not 100% if we develop immunity after we get it? I’ve been wondering about this

Darkwebs likes this.
  3. THE HCP

THE HCP NorthEastPortland'sFinest

I read tonight that they have been constantly tracking his antibody count and it was looking good.

4. blazerkor

blazerkor Well-Known Member

It's one strain of flu that has killed more people than cancer over the last few months. So I think it should be taken pretty damn seriously. The idea isn't that we're protecting the players but the older people that they can spread this horrific disease to. You obviously don't know anyone who has died from it.

Doing everything I can from breaking rules and making personal insults because I find your comments personally insulting. So feel free to use your imagination.

5. KSF-ERIC

KSF-ERIC Well-Known Member

How many Twitter followers does Lillard have? Surely more than a million. If they all vote for him, he’s in.

kjironman1 likes this.
  6. DUB

DUB Da, da da, da dah!

[​IMG]

Chris Craig and SheedSoNasty like this.
  7. blazerkor

blazerkor Well-Known Member

I don't know if this has been said but I'm with LeBron on the All-Star thing. These guys had a shortened off season and have a compacted schedule. There is no reason for them to have the game or skills competitions. Just select the teams, have a video press conference for all of the all stars to get a chance to talk to the media about being an all-star, this season and whatever else they want to and move the fuck on. I guarantee you that every all-star level player in this league could use the week of rest.

kjironman1 likes this.
  8. SIeepwalker

SIeepwalker The lone sane poster

Here in France the government is destroying more people life by preventing them to live and have their business than if they just had let people leave their life like normal. Countless shop are out of business and we're heading to a world were only the rich multinationals can survive, great.
    Also old people that are sick (there are other sicknesses people, cancer is still the biggest cause of death by a WIDE margin after Heart attacks but nobody gives a fuck), are left to die alone like fucking dogs but the government is happy because it's not covid. Happened to my grandfather, couldn't see him for month before he died because of safety protocols. I'm sure he was happy that he didn't die of covid and didn't mind the extreme loneliness. Gonna happen to my grandmother too soon, I don't even remember the last time I saw her.
    Then you have the suicide and depression rates being at an all time high especially among students. You know, the future of the country. But government don't give a shit, they just want to protect their ass from people that could say they didn't do enough to save lives. It's better to fuck our economy for decades and let us live a miserable life.

Wizard Mentor and tlongII like this.
  9. kjironman1

kjironman1 Well-Known Member

I hear a member of this forum has a few twitter followers? Maybe he should get his followers to vote also? No shame in the game right?

10. UKRAINEFAN

UKRAINEFAN Well-Known Member

un-retired
    Durant had the virus about the same time I did and my anti-bodies are still testing strong (I donate plasma every ten days), so are his anti-bodies not strong or does the NBA not care?

11. jlprk

jlprk The ESPN mod is insane.

retired, while you work!
    Why is Tyreke Evans out of the league? At age 31, paid the minimum, there must be some team he could help.

12. THE HCP

THE HCP NorthEastPortland'sFinest

That guy was a headcase. He had game though for a bit.

13. Hoopguru

Hoopguru Well-Known Member

Players complaining about ASG participation. Sorry, but look at how many kids would like to play HS ball but cannot, the pro's get paid MILLIONS because the NBA is a marketing machine that creates the fandom that pays their salaries. Buck up and play.

14. wizenheimer

wizenheimer Well-Known Member

some pretty weird hot takes over the last couple pages of this thread

15. jlprk

jlprk The ESPN mod is insane.

retired, while you work!
    More than a bit. Career PER 17.1, including 21.1 in his next-to-last year. A team can add him May 17, 2021.

https://www.nba.com/news/tyreke-evans-dismissed-league-official-release

16. Chris Craig

Chris Craig (Blazersland) I'm Your Huckleberry Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

Still banned for violating leagues drug policy. He will be allowed reinstatement later this year.

17. Mr. Robot

Mr. Robot Well-Known Member

can someone explain this to me

i see people find it hilarious, but it really bothers me that i have no clue what is it about

SheedSoNasty likes this.
  18. julius

julius Global Moderator Staff Member Global Moderator

singer songwriter
    it's making fun of the GOPers who are convinced that Trump won the election by a lot, and then Rudy G for having the press conference at the Four Seasons landscaping place.

19. MickZagger

MickZagger Well-Known Member

UPS
    He’s out of the league because of drug tests. Available for re-instatement this year.

Crack addict

20. Mr. Robot

Mr. Robot Well-Known Member

usually i would thank you, but i wont cause the second part i really didnt understood, so i had to google it

i thought it was rudy gobert lol and i actually google it, and then i wrote "rudy g" and found out its a former new york city mayor lol

i have no idea whats the thing with "four seasons landscaping place", but whatever, ill leave it at that