Official Cavs Playoff Race Thread

Discussion in 'Cleveland Cavaliers' started by KarmaCav, Feb 20, 2004.

1. thajuiceman

thajuiceman JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Mr_Infante:</div><div class="quote_post">I didn't expect the Cavs to be this good in the 1st place. I knew we would have improved but I didn't think we would get this close to the playoffs. Of course im terrible hurt that we didn't make it, but look at the bright side.

1. This is just the beginning of the LBJ era.
    2. Boozer completely came out of his shell and WILL be an All-Star.
    3. Zydrunas proved to everyone that he is still big time.
    4. Basketball is finally back in Cleveland and will be for a long time.

Yeah this season is done. But just like I said, Its only the beginning and I can't wait for the future.</div>

Couldn't have said it any better myself. I predicted 30 wins at the beginning of the year, with 35 being a good season, and we've still got a chance. 34 means we've won twice as many games as we won last year, and that has such a nice ring to it. Let's try and acheive that at least.

2. CBBI

CBBI JBB JustBBall Member

Can't really complain with 34 wins....

Doubling the win total from the previous season with a high schooler leading the way is nothing to be ashamed of at all.

3. purpleb0n9

purpleb0n9 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting PG2:</div><div class="quote_post">It could still happen. NY could lose and Cavs could win right?</div>

Haha we better concentrate on the eight seed first before the higher ones... I believe Boston, not New York, is holding that last playoff spot. The Cavs gotta take over that spot first before they got a chance to take the Knicks' 6th (or 7th?) spot. The Cavs still have a chance if they can manage to win most of their remaining games and the Celtics really lose most of theirs. These two things must happen, if one of them does not, the Cavs won't make the playoffs. [​IMG]

4. KingCarmelo

KingCarmelo JBB JustBBall Member

I agree with everything Mr_Infante said...NEXT SEASON THE CAVS WILL DO SOMETHING?

5. SBD

SBD JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting CBBI:</div><div class="quote_post">Can't really complain with 34 wins....

Doubling the win total from the previous season with a high schooler leading the way is nothing to be ashamed of at all.</div>
    Definitely. The team can only get better, look forward to next season. :bigthumbu

6. PG2

PG2 JBB JustBBall Member

7th.New York 35-41 6 games left in season
    8th.Boston 35-41 6 games left in season
    Cavaliers:32-43
    The Cavaliers are only 2 games behind so it could still happen, Cleveland still has 7 games left this season.

7. CANT STOP ME

CANT STOP ME JBB Probationary User

Hey any team that can double their win total from the previous year can not call their season a failure because they didnt make the playoffs. Plus we are talking about the east people you never know what can happen, no team is ever eliminated till the last game of the season because of how bad the east is.

8. purpleb0n9

purpleb0n9 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting PG2:</div><div class="quote_post">7th.New York 35-41 6 games left in season
    8th.Boston 35-41 6 games left in season
    Cavaliers:32-43
    The Cavaliers are only 2 games behind so it could still happen, Cleveland still has 7 games left this season.</div>

Actually, the Cavs are 3 games behind Boston for that last spot. The loss to the Warriors yesterday dropped them to a 32-44 record and they have 6 games left to play. The Cavs still have a chance although it looks pretty bleak, time and the games to be played are running out but there's still a dim light in the dark.

9. KarmaCav

KarmaCav JBB JustBBall Member

OK fellas who are we following in the playoffs?

Who will come out of the East and West, and who will win it all?

I have a soft spot for the Hornets, so I'll quietly be backing them.

Indiana and San Antonio in the finals with the Spurs coming through again!

10. redscoon

redscoon JBB JustBBall Member

Anybody but Lakers and Knicks for me. I like the way the Mavs and Kings play so I'll probably be pulling for them. Their defenses are poor, but their offenses are beautiful to watch.

In the East, I don't really care. I think the Pacers have the best shot at dethroning the West so I'll probably pull for them.

11. KarmaCav

Time running out on Cavaliers

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">CLEVELAND (AP) -- Jeff McInnis saved Cleveland's season once, and now he has to rescue the Cavaliers again.

He may be too late this time.

After missing eight games with a shoulder injury, McInnis will be back on the floor Tuesday night for the Cavaliers, who might have to win their final six games to have any shot at making the NBA playoffs.

``We're hanging by a thread here, but we're still hanging,'' coach Paul Silas said after practice on Monday. ``We just have to win as many as we can -- and we need some help.''

Do they ever.

The Cavaliers trail Boston by 2 1/2 games for the eighth spot and New York by 3 1/2 for seventh place in the Eastern Conference. Cleveland has six games left: three at home (Toronto, Miami and Milwaukee) and three away (Memphis, Miami and New York). </div>

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ap-f...ov=ap&type=lgns

Amd wag's knee blows out again along with his game.

12. jbbBrownsfan92

jbbBrownsfan92 JBB JustBBall Member

We have a harder schedule than Boston. Let us pray that Davis Wrecks havoc to ruin their playoff run.

13. KarmaCav

Davis is the key to the Cavaliers success. He can break that Boston team. LOL

Its pretty much all over folks, but we can just hope we finish the season on a high, so the team can role this new confidense over into next season.

14. KarmaCav

With Phili winning today they go 1/2 game ahead of us, and Toronto pull within 1 game after defeating us. So we currently own the 9th pick, and 8th if the Raptors pass us. I guess that is a good thing.

15. rosemary

rosemary JBB JustBBall Member

Cavs Chance of Making the Playoffs..

What are the chances of Cavs making the playoffs now? THey HAVE TO WIN ALL OF THE REMAINING GAMES right?? AND KNICKS OR CELTICS HAVE TO LOST ALL OF THEIR GAMES right? BOTH OF THESE SHOULD HAPPEN (not just one) ..I THINK THERES STILL HOPE FOR CAVS....CUZ Knicks have only 3 games left and the 4th (the last game of the season) is against the CAVS,, SO in a sense...Knicks has to go on a 3 game losing streak and CAVS just has to finish them off ... (of course, Cavs must go on a 4 game winning streak before meeting knicks...)

IS ANY OF THIS EVEN POSSIBLE??????

16. KarmaCav

NOPE, sorry for the short post.

17. jbbKing James

jbbKing James JBB Banned Member

rosemary, <font color="Red">please read the other topics before posting new ones</font>.

18. rosemary

rosemary JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting King James:</div><div class="quote_post">rosemary, <font color="Red">please read the other topics before posting new ones</font>.</div>

Sorry about that...

19. KarmaCav

As grand as this thread has been, it may be time to officially close it. Do your thing KJ.