Official Draft 2004 Thread

Discussion in 'Toronto Raptors' started by jbbFranchise, Jun 2, 2004.

1. deception

deception JBB Banned Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting og15:</div><div class="quote_post">Yup, he want's us to run so it would be good, Redd played 36.8 minutes still though, but I'd think we'd have something like:

PG: Starter (29 minutes), Backups (19 minutes)
    SG: Rose (33 minutes), Backups (15 minutes)
    SF: Carter (36 minutes), Backups (12 minutes)
    PF: Bosh (31 minutes), Backups (17 minutes)
    C: Starter (23 minutes), Backups (25 minutes)

<u>So it could be something like: </u>
    Alvin Williams (when he's alive) - 19 minutes
    Morris Peterson -15 minutes at SG, and 11 minutes at SF (24)
    Donyell Marshall - 17 minutes at PF, and 10 at C (25)
    Some C - 15 minutes at C</div>

good projections but bosh at 31 minutes, i don't like. not because i think he's going to dominate next year but because the raptor front line lacks depth and i don't see anyway the raptors could rectify the situation. we probably have to use the mid level exception on a point so free agency isn?t the answer.

2. Mr.Fundamentals

Mr.Fundamentals JBB JustBBall Member

Moiso could (atleast i hope) provide some help, atleast some good playing time. Good projections OG, but I think that there are two problems, 1 is the point starter's minutes and alvin williams. What if Alvin Williams is not healthy come play time? The point guard will play alot more minutes especially with the type of game style Mitchell is bringing. One player would need to rotate from one pos. to another. 2nd is Bosh's playing time. The raps would need a decent player to help out, especially with the weak depth in the front line.

3. og15

og15 JBB *********

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting deception:</div><div class="quote_post">good projections but bosh at 31 minutes, i don't like. not because i think he's going to dominate next year but because the raptor front line lacks depth and i don't see anyway the raptors could rectify the situation. we probably have to use the mid level exception on a point so free agency isn?t the answer.</div>
    Yea I was thinking that too, I'm still hoping for Tractor, but if we're going to run he can't play more than like 10 minutes :thumbsdow

I was going to give Bosh about 35 minutes, but I'm hoping we can have a good backup big man so Bosh doesn't get stressed, and maybe Moiso can do something.

4. Gotrunks226

Gotrunks226 JBB JustBBall Member

It would be interesting to see Tractor come to Toronto.... and who says Tractor has to run? All you need is 3 or 4 guys for Transition basketball.... and just let Tractor walk up the floor if they don't score the bucket.....

5. og15

og15 JBB *********

Meh he can still run, jut have limited minutes, he's not slow just has no stamina. I mean the man can move for a fat guy

6. P.A.P.

P.A.P. JBB Fresh Start

Anyone think Kevin Willis will come back to TO if Babcock persues him? He can make a huge difference, especially on Bosh. We don't need him to score, just to give us some productive minutes, if Moiso can't do that for us.

7. og15

og15 JBB *********

Man, Willis is really old.....

8. P.A.P.

P.A.P. JBB Fresh Start

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting og15:</div><div class="quote_post">Man, Willis is really old.....</div>

Ya I know, he gives more on a consistant basis though than Moiso. I'm not in love with his game or anything, but it would be nice to have a big man thats a vet that can provide a game like his.

P.S. This is aibanks3, og15...I signed up without the ai in my name

9. og15

og15 JBB *********

True, he wouldn't be bad to give some minutes, but their are better guy we can likely/hpefully get out there.

Didn't know it was you ai, like the site?

10. P.A.P.

P.A.P. JBB Fresh Start

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting og15:</div><div class="quote_post">True, he wouldn't be bad to give some minutes, but their are better guy we can likely/hpefully get out there.

Didn't know it was you ai, like the site?</div>

Yeah, I've visited here a lot in the past 2 weeks to view what you guys say, until I decided to sign up and join some of the talk.