Official fire AV thread

Discussion in 'New York Rangers' started by kreidertime, Oct 8, 2017.

1. Stepupstepan

Stepupstepan Well-Known Member

Only a blind fool can't see that this team needs a coaching change badly to salvage the season. If they don't make a coaching change then at least they should tank properly so they can get Rasmus Dahlin in the next draft.

2. cagedlion

cagedlion "I am the problem, and I am the solution."

Personally, the Rangers should do what all other shit teams do in this league.........they should tank
    their season. Looks like they are starting early!

3. Rangers94

Rangers94 Well-Known Member

I mean, let's be serious with how FUCKING AWFUL AV is. We are dressing 7 dmen. Are you fucking kidding me? For the second game in a row we are dressing 7??!!!?? This guy can't walk off the roof of MSG soon enough.

4. Ranger71

Ranger71 Well-Known Member

Lack of shooters and playmakers at forward. Everything's right into the goalies chest or misses by 50 ft.

5. Stepupstepan

He is dressing 7 dmen because they have trash in Carey and the other idiot they picked up off waivers. Gorton should be fired along with chewing gum.

6. Stepupstepan

if they lose on Tuesday to Pittsburgh, I think this coach is done.

7. Messiah717

Messiah717 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

What would be great is ideas on how to actually improve the team instead of the usual repeated calls to fire everyone. Fire Girardi....fire Mcadoo...fire AV. If the team is underachieving those moves might work. Otherwise what are you accomplishing? Everyone wanted Torts gone too.

8. Stepupstepan

To improve the team you start with the coach. Then you move the dead weight like Nash, Grabner, Hayes. Send guys like Vesey and DeAngelo to the AHL to ride the buses to send the message. Waive desharnais or send him to the AHL as well.

By the way...after they fired Torts, they went to the finals so I guess the coach firing worked.

9. Ranger71

The players are just sucking as a collective except for a few.

10. mrmel29

mrmel29 Well-Known Member

Mess, the problem now is the team is loaded with all av’s guys who are as soft as a babies ass. A new coach comes in and wants his guys which takes time. By all accounts this is a very strong draft coming up and we should be investigating which players can bring back first rounders or other high draft picks. I’d rather bring up some of the younger guys like graves, pionsk, gropp and others and live with their mistakes this year as they gain experience. Chytil also

11. Messiah717

They desperately lack a team leader on offense. A guy like Kreider is disappointing in a big way in that regard.

12. Messiah717

The Rangers are never bad enough to ever be in the mix to draft a franchise changing player. Some good pieces but never game changers. So they're always stuck with messing around in free agency or with trades.

13. Stepupstepan

I 100% agree with mel. The problem is dumbass Gorton signed both Smith and Shattenkirk. Plus you have Staal with his albatross contract.

14. Stepupstepan

This year is a good chance to suck and get a top 3 pick in the next draft.

15. Ranger71

They may miss the playoffs but i doubt they end up with a top 10 pick. Just too much here to be that bad.

16. strudwickisthebest

strudwickisthebest Well-Known Member

Yea but if they hire Ruff every game will be a 2-1 fuckfest

17. kreidertime

kreidertime Well-Known Member

Graves, Fontaine, Zborovskiy, Bereglazov. These are the types of players we need on the roster. Chytil had 3 points last night. Nieves actually scored again. Said months ago that if Kreider doesn't have a huge year, he might get dealt to make room to sign McDonagh.

18. RangersFan

RangersFan Well-Known Member

To me upfront it is Hayes, Kreider and Vesey who have been just about invisible. I still have patience for Vesey, but Hayes and Kreider I am done with. They are both lazy low IQ players and we have seen enough of their here one game and gone the next game BS to make that clear accurate assessment. I would look to move those two guys now.

Nash clearly is not worth near 7.8 mill, but he is a good player. He is noticeable on the ice almost every game. Plays both ends of the rink. If his salary was in the 4's this wouldn't be a question. Now if we continue to suck and fall out of it no doubt he gets moved as a rental for a good team, and brings back a decent return (2nd rounder maybe). But today he is what he is and is a solid player, just not a 7.8 mill player so that frustrates us all. Either way he is done with us after this season, so not going to make a huge issue of Nash.

On D I think we'd all agree that if we knew we'd sign Shatt we never would have re-signed Smith. Issue is no one knew that was going to be the case when we re-signed Smith. Not sure what you do there. I guess wait a few extra days to re-sign Smith and risk losing him, but that was simply a situation where I believe Gorton had zero intent to sign Shatt until he gave us a big discount in terms of # of years. I will say this though, after 6 games I am not going to flip out on Shatt and Smith and act as if it's a done deal they will struggle...this is where we need to keep perspective. Unlike Hayes and Kreider who we have seen play this game for years as a NYR...it is SIX games for Shatt and Smith. I still believe in both of them.

I will say this though, I am starting to agree with kreidertime now. If we are struggling and out of it at the trade DL, or worst case next summer, I would deal McDonagh for a very good haul and rebuild that D. We have youth back there. Good chance we buyout Staal next summer. Hope Shatt and Smith find their games. I think I'd move McD for a haul rather than sign him long term. I am starting to believe that is the right move.

As for AV, yeah hard to support him right now. My sense is he has a longer leash than any of us would expect or want. I don't think he is close to getting fired, but who knows. If we struggle the next 5 games on this home stand, and get whipped by the Pens Tuesday night, maybe Gorton does say I either fire AV or the season goes down in flames, so I have to do it. Just be ready for Ruff as the coach then, because he will be the interim for the remainder of the season. We see only good things right now, but Ruff is like a Torts and has had his struggles. There will be head scratching stuff, but a positive I'd say is he'll make these guys actually play D, something they simply do not do under AV anymore. It is no coincidence AV's best year was his first year when they had the Torts discipline on D and AV's O freeness. BTW...better get rid of Arniel as well.

Lastly I'll add if this team does struggle and falls out of it, we should have some good returns at the trade DL. Nash should bring good stuff. If we choose to deal a Hayes or Kreider we should get good stuff. And obviously if we decide to deal McD we'll get a big return as well. Grabner also could be a mid piece. Positive is we should be able to add a handful of picks if we choose to sell. I will also add if we stink, I hope we really stink, like bottom 5 or worse. I don't want us to be bad and out of it, but not really bad. That is the worst. Like the Giants, if we stink please really stink.

Not ready to give up after 6 games, but once again clearly very concerned right now.

19. Ranger71

I think Shattenkirk has looked pretty good so far, putting up points like he's expected to. Skjei has had a very slow start and McDonagh has been just average. It's a little surprising they've been this sluggish as the only people they lost were Girardi and Stepan, so almost everyone came back. The C position and lack of overall offensive skill is rearing it's ugly head early. I'd dump off Desharnais and just start using Nieves/Fontaine and see what they have. Maybe switch out DA for Graves/Pionk for awhile.

20. strudwickisthebest

strudwickisthebest Well-Known Member

Desharnais hasn’t been that bad. The problem is he was signed as a 4th line center but is playing top 9 because they lack C depth. Cracknell and Carey suck. Idk y AV gets obsessed with AHL players