Official fire AV thread

Discussion in 'New York Rangers' started by kreidertime, Oct 8, 2017.

1. Ranger71

Ranger71 Well-Known Member

If they're going to have any chance to salvage the season then it's probably time to make the change and hope Ruff can get them going.

2. kreidertime

kreidertime Well-Known Member

Right now there are some poor to average teams in the NHL that have good or decent records. Vegas, NJ, L.A. Vancouver. The NHL so far has been like the NBA. The no defense league. However, looking at this team, their record should be what it is. They have made the playoffs ll out of the last 12 seasons. You are going to have a year or two like this. It's up to Gorton to realize that he needs to be smart, trade off some of his players like he did with Stepan to get high draft picks. He can't be a senile moron like Lou was and trade a top pick to get a piece thinking it will turn his team around.

They added two nice pieces last year in Chytil and Andersson. Chytil has 8 points in 6 games in the AHL. I'm quite sure they will add at least 2 more high picks this year. Maybe 3.

3. RangersFan

RangersFan Well-Known Member

Here is what I would say, if we are out of it come trade DL time, or a few weeks prior to that, we will make deals. Grabner and Nash go for sure. Some other players as well I would guess. Gorton will stock up on some picks, I have zero doubt about that. But that won't happen until a few months down the road. That's usually how the NHL works.

I would still focus on righting this ship at least over the next couple of weeks. To do that I think a coaching change needs to be made. This team plays zero D. I am sick and tired of watching wide open guys all over our zone, especially right in front of our net.

4. kreidertime

kreidertime Well-Known Member

Benoit Groulx might be one good coaching candidate. Kirk Muller might be a good candidate. My choice. Brent Sutter. We have too many lazy, pussy players on this team. This is the guy we need to give them a daily ass kicking. His records with NJ were great. He managed winning seasons with a garbage Flames roster even though they missed the playoffs. He values toughness. He values defense. He values hitting. He owns the team he coaches for. He's got other Sutter's there. He can come and go as he pleases.

5. RangersFan

There is considerable chatter circulating within the industry that Tuesday night’s match at the Garden against Vegas could be determinative for coach Alain Vigneault, whose Rangers slipped to 3-7-2 with Saturday night’s 5-4 defeat in Montreal that featured another distressing, no-show first period.

6. mrmel29

mrmel29 Well-Known Member

7. cagedlion

cagedlion "I am the problem, and I am the solution."

^^^^^Unfortunately, Ranger management is not as bold or driven as this promising coach!
    People in the NHL almost always prefer “retreads”..........Rangers never had a head coach
    with a winning record and several Stanley Cups! LOL Can you imagine several Stanley Cups?
    Unfortunately, it is my opinion AV will not be accomplishing that feat any time soon.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2017
  8. cagedlion

cagedlion "I am the problem, and I am the solution."

I cannot imagine that AV has not prepared the team for the upstart Vegas Golden Knights. If the Rangers
    play poorly against this Vegas team at home, shame, shame, shame and heads will roll.

9. RangersFan

It truly doesn't stop. Another guy wide open in front for an easy rebound goal. We cover no one in our own zone. And BTW...how would Lindberg look on this team right now. That was a huge mistake by Gorton, and many of us said it at the time.

10. Stepupstepan

Stepupstepan Well-Known Member

Should've exposed that slow ass Hayes instead of Oscar L.

11. RangersFan

Shocker...guy wide open in front. That's rare. So fed up. If losing tonight means AV gets canned tomorrow, I hope they lose this one game, then go on a big winning streak. I cannot take this awful defensive play anymore.

And I have been a big fan of Gorton, but allowing Lindberg to get selected and then not adding a C to this team were huge mistakes he made. Don't make another mistake prolonging the inevitable. Please get rid of AV tomorrow.

12. Stepupstepan

Brandon Smith looks so out of shape. Fat ass did nothing in the offseason after he got his extension. How the hell do you get rid of that contract now? Another wonderful signing by Gorton. He needs to get canned after this season.

13. mrmel29

I changed my mind. Keep AV. Best chance to suck for dahlen.

14. RangersFan

Boy do I feel awful for Hank tonight man.

And I am a Gorton fan. Yes he had some missteps as I pointed out, but I have faith in him. I would keep him and get a new coach in here tomorrow.

15. Ranger71

Ranger71 Well-Known Member

Wow, they really do SUCK ASS..

16. Stepupstepan

I've never seen Hank being this angry. It feels like he is just gonna walk out of there soon.

17. mrmel29

Now that would be a plus getting rid of that contract and adding a first rounder or 2

18. RangersFan

The plus is maybe PLEASE we could be preparing for the last period with AV as our coach. Has to happen. The structure and coverage on this team are disgraceful.

19. Stepupstepan

If that clown is still behind the bench after this game then Gorton needs to be canned as well.

RangersFan likes this.
  20. Messiah717

Messiah717 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Their play is so sloppy and there's no excuse for it. I'd have these clowns on the ice for hours doing nothing but skating and passing drills. If you can't deliver or accept a pass without turning over the puck your ass should be on the bench.