***Official First/Second Round NCAA Tournament Game Discussion Thread***

Discussion in 'Men's College Basketball' started by Schaddy, Mar 15, 2006.

1. azblue#10

azblue#10 JBB JustBBall Member

I was trying to figure out why UCLA was underllined in my last post, and when I clicked on it, a "team shop" page came up. I'll take the set of 4 shot glasses for $14.95.[​IMG] They're even selling blue plastic silverware. [​IMG]

I'm hoping that Washington will be able to put up a fight against UConn. I think that if it's a blow out, people won't be giving the Pac10 much credit. It always seems like the Pac doesn't recieve the respect we deserve. Am I wrong? There are only 10 schools in the conference, as compared to other confrences. And to have 4 of them make it to the tourny, I think is pretty damn good.

UCLA seems to on a pretty good roll. Compared to recent seasons, they've made some outstanding improvements. Even though they are UCLA, I will be rooting for them.[​IMG]

My other choice would be Bradley. I'll have to say that I don't know a whole lot about them, but they're seriously kicking [​IMG] right now. I'm not jumping on any bandwagons; I'm just the type of person who likes to go for the underdog.

2. Voodoo Child

Voodoo Child Can I Kick It?

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting azblue#10:</div><div class="quote_post">
    I'm hoping that Washington will be able to put up a fight against UConn. I think that if it's a blow out, people won't be giving the Pac10 much credit. It always seems like the Pac doesn't recieve the respect we deserve. Am I wrong? There are only 10 schools in the conference, as compared to other confrences. And to have 4 of them make it to the tourny, I think is pretty damn good.

My other choice would be Bradley. I'll have to say that I don't know a whole lot about them, but they're seriously kicking [​IMG] right now. I'm not jumping on any bandwagons; I'm just the type of person who likes to go for the underdog.</div>

I don't think the Pac-10 is really underrated. A lot of their teams actually underachieved this season, like Arizona, Stanford, and Oregon. While the top of the Pac-10 is just as good as the top of the ACC, Big Ten, or any other power conference, once you get outside of those three or four teams, there's a huge drop off in talent. Four teams is just so-so for the Pac-10. For example, the Big 10, granted they were the #1 conference in the RPI, sent six teams to the tournament despite only having eleven teams in their conference.

Anyway, I've got to like Bradley too. Their style of play is entertaining, they've got two guys we'll probably be watching on the next level, and it's always fun to root for the upsets. I've had them losing to the 'Zags in my bracket since Selection Sunday, but I might actually find myself rooting against my bracket if they're able to make it to that point. Bradley in the Final Four... wouldn't that be something?

BTW - Welcome to JBB! [​IMG]

3. J_Ray

J_Ray JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting GatorsowntheSEC:</div><div class="quote_post">Yeah, don't forget about me J_Ray, my team made it to the Sweet 16 for the 1st time since 2000. [​IMG]</div>

I didn't forget you, you didn't see my edit you even put in your quote [​IMG] I can't believe I forgot about Shard though, who would forget about a guy that has Mr. Mustache for an Avy [​IMG]

Final Four Prediction Thread b4 the season

I have 3 still alive! [​IMG]

4. Voodoo Child

Voodoo Child Can I Kick It?

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting J_Ray:</div><div class="quote_post">I didn't forget you, you didn't see my edit you even put in your quote [​IMG] I can't believe I forgot about Shard though, who would forget about a guy that has Mr. Mustache for an Avy [​IMG]

Final Four Prediction Thread b4 the season

I have 3 still alive! [​IMG]</div>

I look like such an idiot for even mentioning the likes of Indiana and Wake Forest in that thread. [​IMG]

What a disappointment Wake Forest has been though. Most people talk about how disappointing Michigan State, Stanford, Kentucky, and teams like that were, but Wake Forest almost always gets left out of the equation. Just because they lost Paul doesn't mean that they should be immune from criticism. They still had a great duo in Gray and Williams, and they barely finished over fifty percent. How pathetic...

5. J_Ray

J_Ray JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Voodoo Child:</div><div class="quote_post">I look like such an idiot for even mentioning the likes of Indiana and Wake Forest in that thread. [​IMG]

What a disappointment Wake Forest has been though. Most people talk about how disappointing Michigan State, Stanford, Kentucky, and teams like that were, but Wake Forest almost always gets left out of the equation. Just because they lost Paul doesn't mean that they should be immune from criticism. They still had a great duo in Gray and Williams, and they barely finished over fifty percent. How pathetic...</div>

UK showed me that thread then I laughed because everyone was picking Michigan St. but I was the only one that didn't and I guess I got lucky [​IMG]