***Official First/Second Round NCAA Tournament Game Discussion Thread***

Discussion in 'Men's College Basketball' started by Schaddy, Mar 15, 2006.

1. shaq diesel

shaq diesel JBB JustBBall Member

TENN IS OUT!!!!! HAHA that was a great game, and the steal and dunk at the end was the icing on the cake haah

2. Chutney

Chutney MON-STRAWRRR!!1!

I'd be tempted to call Tennesee's loss an upset, but I didn't have much faith in them in the first place.

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Bobcats:</div><div class="quote_post">Chutney, going with Bradley? That's a bold pick, that would be another HUGE upset if they won.</div>
    Yeaa, I originally had them losing to Kansas, so I thought I'd go bold and go with Bradley and their momentum. Pitt all comes down to Krauser play in the end.

3. CUSA Fan

CUSA Fan JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting GatorsowntheSEC:</div><div class="quote_post">Gators win 82-60. Noah finished with 17 pts 7 boards and 6 assists. Corey Brewer had 23 pts. We have played arguably the best ball in the tournament so far, winning both games by over 20 pts. I definetely wouldn't want to face these Gators if I was another team. Should be interesting against Georgetown/Ohio State.</div>

If UCLA gets another blowout win against Alabama tonight, you could make a case for them playing the best ball too. But so far, I'd give the nod to Florida. I didnt think they would do much this tournament, but they're proving me wrong very quickly.

4. playmaker15

playmaker15 JBB Droppin Dimes

Ya only game I lost today was Tennessee I thought they would win. I like them but they didn't deserve a two seed.

5. shaq diesel

oh man...this was a bracket buster....67-64 Washington! dang that just messed my bracket up..haha

6. jbbSpursFan10

jbbSpursFan10 JBB Go Spurs! Go Rebels!

I had Illinios loosing in the next round, so it doesn't really hurts.

7. jbbSpursFan10

jbbSpursFan10 JBB Go Spurs! Go Rebels!

LSU just beat A&M 65-64. D. Mitchell hit a three with 3.9 seconds left.

8. Legacy

Legacy Beast

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting SpursFan10:</div><div class="quote_post">LSU just beat A&M 65-64. D. Mitchell hit a three with 3.9 seconds left.</div>

That was a great shot he made it made me jump out of my seat because I wanted LSU to win.

9. BigBlueFan

BigBlueFan BBW Member

Yes! I can't wait to see this Duke-LSU matchup! These are two pretty even teams if you ask me...but the matchup I want to see the most is Glen Davis vs. Shelden Williams- it should be an outstanding battle in the paint! Tyrus Thomas vs. Josh McRoberts should be good as well...

10. CUSA Fan

CUSA Fan JBB JustBBall Member

LSU vs Duke should be the best game of the tournament in my opinion. LSU really gave me a scare today. Once they're out, so is my bracket lol.

11. shaq diesel

well my hoosiers are out.... [​IMG] the end of the davis era is over though...ive had mixed feelings bout that...but we played the best we could this year..

12. Shard

Shard Hi2u

[​IMG]

UW and Gonzaga in the Sweet 16. I can't complain.

13. BigBlueFan

BigBlueFan BBW Member

UCLA barely got by Alabama 62-59. Jordan Farmar was huge tonight with 18 points and five three-pointers. And Arron Afflalo came out in the second half and played excellent scoring all 13 of his points and hitting 3 three-pointers...

They will take on the #3 Gonzaga Bulldogs Thursday.

14. gocelts34

gocelts34 BBW Member

How many points do all you guys have in Yahoo Tournament Pick Em? Right now I have 35. Anyone have a perfect region thus far?

15. Chutney

Chutney MON-STRAWRRR!!1!

36. That Washington D.C. region really screwed me over. All my hopes are pinned on LSU beating UCLA to reach the championship game.

Gonzaga really surprised me, playing great even with Morrison struggling.

16. BigBlueFan

BigBlueFan BBW Member

Bradley has jumped out to a 10-2 lead on Pittsburgh with a little over 12 minutes left in the first half.

Pittsburgh has yet to even hit a field goal yet... [​IMG]

17. playmaker15

playmaker15 JBB Droppin Dimes

27-15 so far I believe some of my cinderellas got taken out of the first round SIU why'd you lose [​IMG].

18. Bobcats

Bobcats JBB JustBBall Member

Damnit, it was 53-39 for Bradley, and then Pitt just went on a quick 7-0 run. 53-46 right now. I hope Bradley makes the sweet 16, it would be great to see another upset.

19. Voodoo Child

Voodoo Child Can I Kick It?

Sup fam? I'm back from vacation... nice time to take a break from JBB eh? [​IMG]

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting AllNet:</div><div class="quote_post">I had MSU into the sweet 16, they have hurt my bracket but as long as none of my final four teams lose I'm ok

guess It proves how overrated MSU were this year, along with Oklahoma were the two most overrated teams in the nation this year.</div>

I wouldn't call them "overrated", because even though they wound up losing in the first round, they still had one of the most talented and experienced rosters in all of the NCAA, so their preseason rating is justifiable. Instead, I'd call them "disappoitning", because Izzo couldn't get anything out of their talent. I'm not going to pin it all on Izzo, because the Spartans would be nothing without him, but from the bizarre rotations he'd use to the complete lack of any defense, this was definitely the worst coaching job of his career.

20. Bobcats

Bobcats JBB JustBBall Member

Krauser with a huge turnover. If Bradley makes these 2 free throws, it's done.