Official Game Thread: Houston at Los Angeles

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets' started by AznxBaller, Jan 6, 2005.

1. Sniper

Sniper JBB Long Range Assassin

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting durvasa:</div><div class="quote_post">No Yao trades, guys. It would be a huge mistake to give up on him early, and then watch him become a real star. Yao just has too much potential that he hasn't tapped into yet.</div>

You're overlooking one large aspect of the situation: Yao may not ever get any better. In fact, if he never gets any significant rest, he may get worse year in and year out. Not to mention that humans his size classically develop serious knee or heart problems. There are plenty of teams that look at Yao's potential and would be willing to take a chance on it by giving the Rockets a player or players that have already have shown their potential, which takes out the guess work and the waiting game. We're not waiting on McGrady to hit his peak, so every year that wait on Yao, one of McGrady's better years passes by, and the losing mentality sinks further into their personas.

Yao's personality and mentality simply don't give him the ability to be dominant. Just think about it for a minute. How many players have ever been this soft, and actually gotten significantly more aggressive and tough, not counting guys that suddenly got a big increase in MPG (this could be deceiving). When you think about it, pretty much nobody ever changes their mentality and personality in professional sports. By that point, they are who they are, period.

So why not trade potential talent for already realized talent?

I mean, even if Yao does improve, do you really think he'll ever be more than a solid 22 and 10 guy that plays 35mpg? Is that REALLY worth all the waiting, considering, as I said before, that guys his size generally don't remain effective nearly as long as normal sized players?

2. Billa_Bong

Billa_Bong JBB JustBBall Member

Guys Yao is in my opinion done...this is all you will see from him...he has not been improving this year but he isn't even playing like he did last year....Yao is a bust in my eyes....you guys have had him for 3 years and yet he is not effective on the defensive end and heck he doesn't even dominate the offense glass and defensive glass like he should be.

He is a bust in my eyes and will not put up numbers better than 18/8 because he does not have the attitude or the drive or the will to be as dominent as Shaq/Kobe/Jordan/Bird/Magic any of those guys he just doesn't.

He will never be the guy who will take over a game because it is not in him and you see that in him.

I would hate Kupcheck if he traded for Yao....I would kill him myself...we would be back at that slow paced offense which is boring and sucks....totally going agianst what we expected to see this year.

3. JuLiO-R-

JuLiO-R- JBB The Same One

You cant really call Yao a bust, hes a good player but he just hasnt lived up to everyones expectations which were set pretty high.

Everyone keeps saying how dominant centers dominate from day one but I think Yaos case might be different being he never played US college basketball. His time will come but not as early as people hoped.