Official GT: Suns At Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets' started by blueracer, Apr 16, 2007.

1. blueracer

blueracer JBB JustBBall Member

<div align="center">[​IMG]

[​IMG]VS[​IMG]
    April 16, 2007, Monday
    Toyota Center, Houston, Texas
    0730 PM (CT), FSNSW

[​IMG]</div>

<font color="blue">Phoenix Suns:</font> The Suns took an air of relief when the Spurs lost to the Mavericks yesterday thereby granting them the second seed in the western conference playoffs. Even if they lose in the last two games it won't matter anymore. They might opt to rest some of their starters specially Nash to keep them fresh at the start of the playoffs. Aside from Nash two important factors in their success were the reemergence of Amare Stoudemire and the vastly improving game of Leandro Barbosa who seems too quick for most NBA guards to defend. Look for the Suns to employ their effective defense against Yao by fronting him again thereby denying him the ball.

<font color="red">Houston Rockets:</font> It seems that the Rockets still have to grind it out in the final 2 games of the season. Before saturday they have yet to beat the Hornets and the Suns this season as they have beaten every team in the league except those two. First goal was accomplished and tonight would be the Suns. The Rockets needs to win tonight to guarantee them the homecourt advantage in the first round of the playoffs. By winning tonight the last game against the Jazz won't matter anymore. TMac has done an excellent job the past few days by taking over the game. Meanwhile Yao even though scoring very well needs to gain ground by increasing his mobility to move without the ball so he can prevent those pesky defenders from fronting him. Besides those two the bench needs to step up into higher gear. Luther is the only one reliable to contribute in scoring while Juwan and Snyder seems to have slacked off. Snyder should be given opportunity tonight as he is capable of guarding Barbosa when the starters rests.

<div align="center">[​IMG]</div>

The Rockets would be hoping for the Suns to rest some of their starters to increase their chance of winning tonight. It's the same thing as the Jazz got a lucky break when the Mavs decides to rest Terry, Stackhouse and Dampier. If the Suns still decides to play full strength the Rockets needs to play at their best to get the win at all cost. The Jazz have an easy schedule against the Blazers tonight and facing them for the clincher(if the Rockets lose tonight) on wednesday would favor the Jazz gaining the home court advantage. If the Rockets shoots well just like their saturday performance they'll win tonights game. Yao's effectiveness would be the barometer. Whoever dictate the tempo wins. Go Rockets !!!! Go Blazers!!!!

2. ROCK4LIFE

ROCK4LIFE Active Member

This is a very big game. If we want to secure homecourt advantage, this is the game of the year. In order for us to win, Yao's gotta dominate. Phoenix does a great job of fronting Yao and helping with Chuck Hayes's man. Interesting to see how we'll adjust to it.......

3. foo82

foo82 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Rock4life Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">This is a very big game. If we want to secure homecourt advantage, this is the game of the year. In order for us to win, Yao's gotta dominate. Phoenix does a great job of fronting Yao and helping with Chuck Hayes's man. Interesting to see how we'll adjust to it.......</div>

Any chance to rip on Chuck you take. You don't think Juwan's man is going to guard Yao as well? It's not only Chuck's man, they rotate off.

4. ROCK4LIFE

ROCK4LIFE Active Member

<div class="quote_poster">foo82 Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Any chance to rip on Chuck you take. You don't think Juwan's man is going to guard Yao as well? It's not only Chuck's man, they rotate off.</div>
    That would be a good point, if only it wasn't TRUE. Whoevers guarding Chuck Hayes (probably Marion) will drift and double Yao. Howard doesn't start, so Phoenix's strategies might not be the same with Juwan in. However I'd like for Juwan to start tonight so Marion will be forced to come out and respect his shot.

5. umair

umair "Never underestimate the heart of a champion."

Are Suns resting their star players? If yes, then Rockets should win.

6. foo82

foo82 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Rock4life Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">That would be a good point, if only it wasn't TRUE. Whoevers guarding Chuck Hayes (probably Marion) will drift and double Yao. Howard doesn't start, so Phoenix's strategies might not be the same with Juwan in. However I'd like for Juwan to start tonight so Marion will be forced to come out and respect his shot.</div>

Sorry to break it to you, but Hayes layups is more reliable than Juwan's shot. Even if Juwan went 6 for 6, they will not change their tactics regarding Yao. My point is that Yao will draw the double team NO MATTER WHO IS IN THE GAME.

Suns should have no reason to play this one seriously since San Antonio lost yesterday. That said, I much have rather SA wins. Could have been an exciting game today. Still hope it will be.

7. TmacGarnett

TmacGarnett JBB JustBBall Member

I hope the Rockets win this...If they do rest players: Nash and amare will sit OR bell and marion.

8. JEALOUS?

JEALOUS? JBB JustBBall Member

heard on the radio that Mike D'Antoni said all starters will start and play normal minutes. sucks.
    the suns are the most conditioned team in the league easily, and rest might hurt them, i see his point of view also since they are playin a playoff team. but i wish they would rest or play limited minutes.

9. ROCK4LIFE

ROCK4LIFE Active Member

<div class="quote_poster">foo82 Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Sorry to break it to you, but Hayes layups is more reliable than Juwan's shot. Even if Juwan went 6 for 6, they will not change their tactics regarding Yao. My point is that Yao will draw the double team NO MATTER WHO IS IN THE GAME.</div>
    No offense (gott be careful due to the "special" attention my post get). But I disagree with that. When you have Marion contesting shots, Chuck is bound to struggle. Anybody who takes wide open layups should be reliable. But what happens when the wide open layups become contested. That's where you have a slight dilemma.

10. TmacGarnett

TmacGarnett JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">jealous? Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">heard on the radio that Mike D'Antoni said all starters will start and play normal minutes. sucks.
    the suns are the most conditioned team in the league easily, and rest might hurt them, i see his point of view also since they are playin a playoff team. but i wish they would rest or play limited minutes.</div>

Can't say that I am not disappointed. O well, we still have a chance.

11. Eduardo

Eduardo JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">jealous? Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">heard on the radio that Mike D'Antoni said all starters will start and play normal minutes. sucks.
    the suns are the most conditioned team in the league easily, and rest might hurt them, i see his point of view also since they are playin a playoff team. but i wish they would rest or play limited minutes.</div>

I would much rather that if we beat the Suns, it would be with all their main guys playing. Where's the honor in beating one of the best teams in league if they only played their scrubs? C'mon Houston, show them that the running game isn't invincible.

12. ROCK4LIFE

ROCK4LIFE Active Member

Phoenix has done a great job in using Hayes's man (Marion) to bother Yao. However, with Howard in we've completley dominated. Howard's prescense has changed the whole complexion of the game.

13. igotask8board

igotask8board Active Member

YEAAA! We got homecourt and don't have to worry about that last game against Utah. I wonder if T-Mac and Yao will fly out to Utah...nvm, JVG is all about winning season games, even if they don't matter. Two things I disagree with, but other than that he's great.

Man this is great, no 8 game series. T-Mac was superb, and Yao went off as well.

14. durvasa

durvasa JBB Rockets Fan

Great performances by McGrady and Yao in the biggest game of the season. Juwan was excellent off the bench with his hustle plays despite the poor shooting, and Shane snapped out of his shooting slump with some big threes. Sweet.

15. umair

umair "Never underestimate the heart of a champion."

Homecourt baby!!!!!

Yao and Mac combined for 73 points and 20 rebounds! I thought the Suns would rest their starters, but they they didn't, and we still won. Oh MAN!!

Something better we must do is play good in the whole second half. We do good in only 3rd quarter, and we seem not to hold the lead till the end. But it doesn't matter, because we got HOMECOURT!! YEAH BABY!!

16. saint

saint JBB JustBBall Member

that's the biggest game of t-mac I ever watched he plays with great intensity from the start to the final

17. Eduardo

Eduardo JBB JustBBall Member

YEaah! plus we have our best record since 1997! Can't wait for the playoffs! When's the first game of the series btw?

edit: Carrol Dawson officially retired during half-time and it was great to win this one for him.

18. Mag

Mag JBB MacBeth

T-Mac and Yao really stepped it up, tonight. Our defense was dismal, but you gotta take these big wins when you can. Home court, baby. This is gonna be great. I am proud to be a Rockets fan.

19. perrypan

perrypan JBB JustBBall Member

Nice win...I can't believe Rockets actually beats Suns tonight. Let's see what would happen next game. [​IMG]

20. ikulu

ikulu JBB JustBBall Member

YES!!! HOUSTON WON!! just got home from work, and was already wondering how the rockets are doing (while i was at work). then went on NBA.COM, and saw the expression on tmac's face, and damn, his expression pumped me up already for playoffs already!@!!! LETS GO ROCKETS!