Official: JBB 2005 NBA Mock Draft Rnd 1 (v1.0)

Discussion in 'JBB Mock Draft 2005 - 2007' started by Shapecity, Mar 20, 2005.

1. Voodoo Child

Voodoo Child Can I Kick It?

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Everything else looks great except Nate Robinson at number 21, I know his stock is raising through the tournament but he isn't growing through the tournament and the kid is still 5'9". I was thinking more of a late first round (25-30) or an early second round pick.</div>

How much of a difference is there between pick #21 and pick #25? Almost none. When Jerry West goes into the draft, he puts everything aside. That means, he doesn't look at your position, your college, your height, and things like that. He drafts the most talented player and the player that can help his team the most. With Earl Watson most likely leaving the Grizzlies this summer, they'll need to get a new backup for Jason Williams. They're overstocked at SF/SG and their only other need is a big man, but the quality of big men at this point is heavily diluted. Nate Robinson just makes sense here.

2. Mr. J

Mr. J Triple Up

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Voodoo Child:</div><div class="quote_post">The Los Angeles Times project him at #20 and Chicago Sports projects him at #25. By the way, I added some more to my post above. Tell me what you think.</div>
    I was looking for them, and I couldn't find it. Sorry, I'm not very computer savy like most people are these days.

3. JWohl

JWohl JBB Lovin the BCS

nbadraft.net

jus some notes on the mock compared to NBAdraft.net's newest update. They have dropped Johan Petro all the way down to number 19. They have bumped Tiago Splitter up to 5. They have Marvin Williams going number 1 overall. They also have nate robinson going 35th.

4. GotPT

GotPT JBB JustBBall Member

I can't really see Gilchrist being that high and or being a good NBA player. He is very scrappy in my opinion and won't make it good in the NBA. I'd rather see a Dee Brown up there then him even though neither of them should be first round.

5. 02civic

02civic JBB JustBBall Rookie Team

nbadraft.net is way off in my opinion. I hightly doubt Toronto would pick N.Aleksandrov with their 8th pick and I cant figure out for the life of me why the Hawks would pass on Bogut and draft Marvin Williams. I mean Marvins a good player with tons of potential, but they could really use size and Bogut might be one of the best big men in the draft since 2000. (along with Bosh, Okafor, Howard)

6. J-Smoove

J-Smoove JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting 02civic:</div><div class="quote_post">nbadraft.net is way off in my opinion. I hightly doubt Toronto would pick N.Aleksandrov with their 8th pick and I cant figure out for the life of me why the Hawks would pass on Bogut and draft Marvin Williams. I mean Marvins a good player with tons of potential, but they could really use size and Bogut might be one of the best big men in the draft since 2000. (along with Bosh, Okafor, Howard)</div>

NBAdraft.net's mock drafts have NOTHING to do with team needs. No big mockdraft sites (NBAdraft.net, draftcity.com, hoopshype) rarely go with team needs until AFTER season ends. Good job..

7. melo42

melo42 JBB JustBBall Member

Do u know what i need to do to to put my name in the nba draft

8. 02civic

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting J-Smoove:</div><div class="quote_post">NBAdraft.net's mock drafts have NOTHING to do with team needs. No big mockdraft sites (NBAdraft.net, draftcity.com, hoopshype) rarely go with team needs until AFTER season ends. Good job..</div>

"Good job..."

is that sarcasim?

9. Mr. J

Mr. J Triple Up

Sorry for the same question, but I really can not see why everyone is in love with Martynas. I read about him on many different websites, and I still don't see how he has so much more potential than everyone in this draft. May someone tell me a little bit more on Martynas?

Also, many have Petro going mid to late in the first round...if the Knicks choose him, could it be an Arajao?

And Josh Boone isn't declaring, right?

10. JWohl

JWohl JBB Lovin the BCS

what

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting 02civic:</div><div class="quote_post">nbadraft.net is way off in my opinion. I cant figure out for the life of me why the Hawks would pass on Bogut and draft Marvin Williams. I mean Marvins a good player with tons of potential, but they could really use size and Bogut might be one of the best big men in the draft since 2000. (along with Bosh, Okafor, Howard)</div>
    First off most people are saying that the Hawks DONT WANT BOGUT becuase they are trying to develop a running, 'funball' team and he would clog that down. Thats why most people are suggesting they draft either Marvin Williams or Deron. What is the point of calling him "one of the best big men in the draft since 200" and than naming 3 of the other top 5 picked big men?

11. 02civic

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting JWohl:</div><div class="quote_post">First off most people are saying that the Hawks DONT WANT BOGUT becuase they are trying to develop a running, 'funball' team and he would clog that down. Thats why most people are suggesting they draft either Marvin Williams or Deron. What is the point of calling him "one of the best big men in the draft since 200" and than naming 3 of the other top 5 picked big men?</div>

Because he's coming in to the league with no less hype or expectation or skills then any of those players. For me to say he's the best since ____, that would be based on alot of opinion. Its much safer to just say he's among the top big men to come out, and then list off the others, who have all done very well for themselves and lived up to the hype. By me saying he's with those guys, that means he's worthy of the high pick.

12. Mr. J

Mr. J Triple Up

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting 02civic:</div><div class="quote_post">nbadraft.net is way off in my opinion. I hightly doubt Toronto would pick N.Aleksandrov with their 8th pick and I cant figure out for the life of me why the Hawks would pass on Bogut and draft Marvin Williams. I mean Marvins a good player with tons of potential, but they could really use size and Bogut might be one of the best big men in the draft since 2000. (along with Bosh, Okafor, Howard)</div>
    I heard the Hawks just like JWohl said, are trying to develop a running team and a Marvin Williams in the frontcourt with the rest of those athletic freaks will be a perfect fit. Why not Nemanja for Toronto? Who knows, they might want depth. And Nemanja can also play the small forward too and with Marshall most likely rolling out of Toronto, someone who possesses skills and potential being like him, can never hurt. Along with Bosh, Okafor, and Howard?? You are leaving out many good bigs since that 5 year period. Kenyon Martin, Pau Gasol, Yao Ming, and Amare Stoudemire were left out as well as many others.

13. skip

skip BBW Member

Nemanja Aleksandrov????????????

the raptors wont take him if they have a chance at mccants, felton or paul at the first pick... btw, wheres paul? who is Nemanja Aleksandrov anyways..? never heard of him

14. 02civic

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting mrj18:</div><div class="quote_post">I heard the Hawks just like JWohl said, are trying to develop a running team and a Marvin Williams in the frontcourt with the rest of those athletic freaks will be a perfect fit. Why not Nemanja for Toronto? Who knows, they might want depth. And Nemanja can also play the small forward too and with Marshall most likely rolling out of Toronto, someone who possesses skills and potential being like him, can never hurt. Along with Bosh, Okafor, and Howard?? You are leaving out many good bigs since that 5 year period. Kenyon Martin, Pau Gasol, Yao Ming, and Amare Stoudemire were left out as well as many others.</div>

Ya i did, but i dont feel like mentioning all the big's. Regardless...saying he is right there with any of them in terms of his skills and his potential is an accurate assesment. Nemanja for Toronto mrj? Please.....werent you the one telling me the Knicks absolutely do not need a pg despite the fact that Crawford is unproven, Marbury would be great to get rid of and Penny is often -injured and is in his last year. Why do the Raps want another young PF? Bosh is the truth. Bonner is rock solid. Two young guys that have alot of promise. The raps need either a true center or a swingman. A true point gaurd would be nice too.

15. Mr. J

Mr. J Triple Up

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting 02civic:</div><div class="quote_post">Ya i did, but i dont feel like mentioning all the big's. Regardless...saying he is right there with any of them in terms of his skills and his potential is an accurate assesment. Nemanja for Toronto mrj? Please.....werent you the one telling me the Knicks absolutely do not need a pg despite the fact that Crawford is unproven, Marbury would be great to get rid of and Penny is often -injured and is in his last year. Why do the Raps want another young PF? Bosh is the truth. Bonner is rock solid. Two young guys that have alot of promise. The raps need either a true center or a swingman. A true point gaurd would be nice too.</div>
    That's exactly what I said. I was thinking what you would think in response to that depth thing in respnse to your Raptors...makes no sense. And for the record, Crawford is proven, Marbury is staying as long as Isiah is here, and Penny is in his last year, but who knows what good players we can get for him. Also you failed to mention Jermaine Jackson who is a good back up PG for us. Who knows, maybe the Raptors would want Nemanja just in case Bosh breaks his hand...sound familiar??

16. 02civic

Ya sounds familiar. I still think a point gaurd would be a good idea for the Knicks. Certainly a better idea than drafting Splitter like you guys have been getting hard over doing. The guys a PF...wont play center this year...cant. You have 5 PF's but what the hey, you're right...its silly to draft a backup point gaurd when the only other one you have is a 10 day contract guy.

Now if Bosh went down, that would suck. But fortunatly we've got Matt Bonner, a nice young talent, ready to step into the starting lineup as well has Pape Sow who is dripping with potential and is a fan favourite amoung JBB raps forum members. And then there's still the outside chance we'll be able to re-sign donyell. different scenerio....

Besides...how far do you plan on the Knicks getting with a marbury at the point?

17. Mr. J

Mr. J Triple Up

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting 02civic:</div><div class="quote_post">Ya sounds familiar. I still think a point gaurd would be a good idea for the Knicks. Certainly a better idea than drafting Splitter like you guys have been getting hard over doing. The guys a PF...wont play center this year...cant. You have 5 PF's but what the hey, you're right...its silly to draft a backup point gaurd when the only other one you have is a 10 day contract guy.</div>
    Oh, please. A PG better than a 6'11 guy with great athleticism talent and potential? Why can't he play center this year...his weight? Even if he couldn't, in the future he could so what's the problem? If you read my other posts, you would notice that players like Malik Rose and Jerome Williams can play center and Kurt Thomas will most likely be traded in the offseason. An athletic 6'11 guy with potential and a good work ethic can help the Knicks...certainly more than this backup PG that you're creaming your pants over.

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Now if Bosh went down, that would suck. But fortunatly we've got Matt Bonner, a nice young talent, ready to step into the starting lineup as well has Pape Sow who is dripping with potential and is a fan favourite amoung JBB raps forum members. And then there's still the outside chance we'll be able to re-sign donyell. different scenerio....

Besides...how far do you plan on the Knicks getting with a marbury at the point?</div>
    You're talking about Crawford's style not fitting PG and him being unproven??? What about Pape Snow and Bonner? Pape Snow has played 16 games this season averaging .9 and 1.1. To me, that's unproven, what about you? I don't think he can be sold on a guy you've seen 16 times and who is putting those numbers. Crawford is a natural PG thrown to the off guard due to Houston's absence. If Crawford isn't a natural 1, than wat is Bonner? He shoots from the open shots he gets, but what else? His style doesn't seem to fit the PF too well. So basically you're throwing the starting role to Bonner who doesn't have the ideal PF style and an unproven kid who played 16 games this season putting up monster numbers. I don't even think Donyell would want to sign with Toronto. First of all the Raptors are in somewhat of a rebuilding mode and usually someone who has played 10 years in the NBA doesn't want to sit down and wait for the process. Also with Bosh likely logging most of the minutes at the 4, Marshall's role will be greatly reduced. I see Marshall signing with a contender. I guess there's a chance, but how likely is it? More likely he'll be gone.

18. Mr. J

Mr. J Triple Up

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting 02civic:</div><div class="quote_post">Ya sounds familiar. I still think a point gaurd would be a good idea for the Knicks. Certainly a better idea than drafting Splitter like you guys have been getting hard over doing. The guys a PF...wont play center this year...cant. You have 5 PF's but what the hey, you're right...its silly to draft a backup point gaurd when the only other one you have is a 10 day contract guy.</div>
    Oh, please. A PG better than a 6'11 guy with great athleticism talent and potential? Why can't he play center this year...his weight? Even if he couldn't, in the future he could so what's the problem? If you read my other posts, you would notice that players like Malik Rose and Jerome Williams can play center and Kurt Thomas will most likely be traded in the offseason. An athletic 6'11 guy with potential and a good work ethic can help the Knicks...certainly more than this backup PG that you're creaming your pants over.

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Now if Bosh went down, that would suck. But fortunatly we've got Matt Bonner, a nice young talent, ready to step into the starting lineup as well has Pape Sow who is dripping with potential and is a fan favourite amoung JBB raps forum members. And then there's still the outside chance we'll be able to re-sign donyell. different scenerio....

Besides...how far do you plan on the Knicks getting with a marbury at the point?</div>
    You're talking about Crawford's style not fitting PG and him being unproven??? What about Pape Snow and Bonner? Pape Snow has played 16 games this season averaging .9 and 1.1. To me, that's unproven, what about you? I don't think he can be sold on a guy you've seen 16 times and who is putting those numbers. Crawford is a natural PG thrown to the off guard due to Houston's absence. If Crawford isn't a natural 1, than wat is Bonner? He shoots from the open shots he gets, but what else? His style doesn't seem to fit the PF too well. So basically you're throwing the starting role to Bonner who doesn't have the ideal PF style and an unproven kid who played 16 games this season putting up monster numbers. I don't even think Donyell would want to sign with Toronto. First of all the Raptors are in somewhat of a rebuilding mode and usually someone who has played 10 years in the NBA doesn't want to sit down and wait for the process. Also with Bosh likely logging most of the minutes at the 4, Marshall's role will be greatly reduced. I see Marshall signing with a contender. I guess there's a chance, but how likely is it? More likely he'll be gone.

The Knicks can go very far with Marbury, they just needed a supporting cast. The Knicks have suffered many injuries this season and they don't have much balance in the roster so once that is settled, they can go places with Marbury.

19. 02civic

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting mrj18:</div><div class="quote_post">Oh, please. A PG better than a 6'11 guy with great athleticism talent and potential? Why can't he play center this year...his weight? Even if he couldn't, in the future he could so what's the problem? If you read my other posts, you would notice that players like Malik Rose and Jerome Williams can play center and Kurt Thomas will most likely be traded in the offseason. An athletic 6'11 guy with potential and a good work ethic can help the Knicks...certainly more than this backup PG that you're creaming your pants over.

The Knicks can go very far with Marbury, they just needed a supporting cast. The Knicks have suffered many injuries this season and they don't have much balance in the roster so once that is settled, they can go places with Marbury.</div>

quite seriously man you just dont know what you are talking about. Logic is not your friend i guess. I'm going to go thru this....this...tripe....in point form.

1) You're right, a good back up point guard is totally a dumb move, definetly pick up another PF....cant have enough powerforwards.[​IMG]
    2) DING DING DING DING DING! you got it..his weight...and his near total lack of strength! But what do i know...he'll be fine in the NBA five spot. [​IMG]
    3) Malik and JYD playing center...full-time?.....umm...ya. There's going small and then there's going stupid. Even second rate centers will man handle them in the post..they just dont have the size. Their undersized for the 4 spot man!
    4)Pape and Bonner are rookies...so of course they're unproven. But Bonner has been pretty solid and Pape has potential. Either way thats still 2 backup PF's whose first position is actually PF! Its so crazy it just might work!
    5)Bonner plays with the same style has Donyell Marshall, and alot of other players. He's gritty, he'll do the dirty work, he's got decent hands and plays solid defence. Sure he scores his points off of 15 footers...but if i'm correct Kurt Thomas has done the same thing for some 12 years. so i'm forced to ask.....<cough> WHATS YOUR POINT SUZY! <cough>
    Even after Bosh and Bonner and Sow, the Raps still have the option of playing Eric Williams, Aaron Williams or Lamond Murray at the foor. Aaron can do it no prob while Eric and Lamond to a lesser extent can do it vs smaller opposing PF's. Like the PF's the knicks have to offer for example. And they can do that without pulling from thier starting lineup or key bench rotation. I mean if marbury goes down then crawfords the point man, hardaway when he's not injured has to play the 2 spot, and then....um....10 day contract guys i guess. Yep definetly dont need any gaurds.
    6)Crawford isnt exactly most people's and most teams ideal when it comes to point gaurds. Point guards are supposed to pass....and like to pass. Even better if they prefer to pass. Crawfords a shoot first, shoot second, pass third. Its a fact. Dont tell me he doesnt have a rap for being selfish with the ball.
    7)Marbury's had some good teams and never gone anywhere. I cant think of any team thats done anything in recent history whose point guard was the dominent offensive player.
    8)Seriously i hope the Knicks do draft Splitter so that they can have 2 chuckers has their only options at the 1, and then have 6 powerfowards all to short or skinny to play center without being a defensive liability. NY has enough liabilities on defense without worrying about a 6'9 guys gaurding 7'+ players.

20. REREM

REREM JBB JustBBall Member

ANY team in the #1 slot will feel they need to take Bogut. How many good all around Centers are in the NBA? How many of those are NOT in the playoffs? Suppose you pick in slot 8 the next 2 years-What quality C can you expect then? What good C can you get in a swap or as an FA? As a Warrior fan I know what happens when you seem to always pick a few slots too late and need to reach for a C who may be a borderline backup-or say what the heck,and take the best athlete even if that role is filled. Bogut averaged 20 p,12 r,passes,moves,shows a nice learning curve,work ethic....And he is 7 ft. The next best? Martynas A,tall,skinny, averages around 5p,5r in Europe,and none of us has seen more than a 20 sec highlight clip. Marvin Williams? a F, PF body,but SF game,needs refinement,physically blessed,but needs to put out full effort more. How much better is he than the next 10 forwards in this crop? Actually,even his fans know the edge is not much,and I'd take at least 4 other guys ahead of him. As to the Knicks,they probably need to hope for Chris Taft-then hope Taft plays with both more finesse and more intensity than he has shown. Most of the very young but tall imports are more transition/perimeter than in the paint power.