Official JBB 2005 NBA Mock Draft Rnd 1 (v3.0)

Discussion in 'JBB Mock Draft 2005 - 2007' started by Shapecity, Apr 22, 2005.

1. Nebkreb

Nebkreb NFLC nflcentral.net Member

I think the Nets MUST get a big man in the draft...either a PF or C, since PG (Kidd), SG (Vince) and SF (jefferson) are all good. KRstic can play PF or C so we just need a big man that can play defense.

2. colonel80

colonel80 JBB JustBBall Member

Dallas/ Utah trade

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting TwinTowers:</div><div class="quote_post">What trade did Dallas and Utah make?</div>
    It was the Podkolzine trade from last year's draft, which was a stupid trade from the Jazz' point of view, because they got a worse draft pick then with the trade then they did last year. But anywho, that's what it was

3. colonel80

colonel80 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting J_Ray:</div><div class="quote_post">Jerry Sloan also likes to get free agents that can fit into his system. Like McCleod and Eisley. Tell you the truth, they need an athletic center. They should trade up with their 2nd first round pick and get Channing Frye, because Jarron Collins and Curtis Bochardt aren't very good at all. They been trying any thing they can, Mikki Moore, Ben Hantolegen, That Grant guy. They want a center</div>

There really isn't a true center in the draft right now, and with where they are picking, they better go with the point guard. Bogut is not the shotblocking type center that they need and with Boozer and Okur already on the team playing his position and Kirilenko blocking everything under the sun, they really need to work out their point guard situation first and work on the other later. If they can get a guy who can get the ball to the people who move well without it, i.e. Harpring, Bell, Andrei, Snyder, then they will be leaps and bounds ahead of where they were this year. That said, they would take Paul in a heart beat, but if they end up outside of the top three, they will take Williams.

4. pimpdaddy33

pimpdaddy33 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting shapecity:</div><div class="quote_post">I think Minnesota is going to experiment with KG at center next season with Griffin at PF. Getting Kurt Thomas gives them an option to play either the 4 or 5 off the bench, and use him against the bigger centers in the league with Kandi.

There are a lot of question marks with the TWolves right now.
    No coach?
    Possibly no GM?
    No cap space
    Do they rebuild or do they reload?

At this point we have to go with the BAP because the future of the team next season has no direction yet. There are no centers after Bogut who are ready to start on a team. With KG approaching 30 years old soon, his window to win is closing, and waiting 2 or 3 years for a project center to POSSIBLY develop into a starter is a huge risk for them. That means you have a 33 year old KG leading a team now, I don't think the TWolves or KG is willing to wait that long.

Danny Granger is NBA ready, plus he has superstar potential written all over him. He is low risk, high reward.

As for Kandi, don't understimate the power of money. This will be his last chance to get a big deal for the rest of his NBA career. He has never lived up to being a #1 pick, probably never will. But if he can put together a nice season, he's going to go from an LLE player to a $7M to $8M player.

The TWolves had a dissapointing season, but they were still the same team that made it to the WCF a year ago. The talent is there already, but the desire was lost and injuries killed them.</div>

I will trade anything except Kobe on our roster for KG whatever they want. I can see a Kobe/KG duo work. Kobe always wanted the leading guy half way with Shaq but Shaq would never do that. Let's trade kG. Other than anyone on the lakers, KG is my favorite player because of his attitude is work desire for rebounds. I play power forward and try to model my game after him/barkley. So I am a big fan and he doesn't deserve to be on a losing team. Minnestoa is going down hill. After he retires, I don't wanna say a great great player who never won a championship. That would be extremely dissapointing.

5. bball4life1

bball4life1 JBB JustBBall Member

why woulld the knicks take Fran over Taft i think Taft would fit in good with Mike Sweetney and Kurt Thomas under the basket

6. Smitty

Smitty brush em off.

Why are you posting in this thread? We're on 4.0 now.