Official JBB 2005 NBA Mock Draft Rnd 1 (v4.0)

Discussion in 'JBB Mock Draft 2005 - 2007' started by Voodoo Child, May 13, 2005.

1. J_Ray

J_Ray JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting MrJ:</div><div class="quote_post">According to what scouts saying he has absolutely no upside? While he probably won't be a superstar in the league, he can be a more than solid starter on most teams and as I said before when you have a strong work ethic such as Vazquez, anything can happen. Just want to know, if Vazquez is considered to be so bad, why is he a lottery pick?

Please, stop overrating Taft like this because quite frankly you are making me sick. The only reason why Taft is considered to be this high of a pick is because of his body. I don?t know where he said ?I wasn?t trying when I was a freshman.? My sources are probably not close to yours, so if you would provided me with a link perhaps I could believe you. 10 and 7 is promising, but not great. Kris Humphries put up great numbers as a freshman, Wade put up great numbers as a freshman. There?s a big difference if you haven?t noticed already.

The difference between players like Vazquez and Taft are how hard they try. Vazquez always tries hard and according to you, Taft never tries hard. With Taft you are risking a player who puts up big contract year numbers, and after you overpay him you will be sorry. Vazquez will consistently try and a trying Fran will always be better than a lazy Chris Taft who doesn?t try.

I can?t blame you too much. I too was blinded by the potential or what sources like NBADraft.net had to say, but until you step out of the box and realize that you are completely overrating Taft, I don?t know how to help you. The Raptors are better off with Felton a proven college player than with Chris Taft.</div>

I agree with you. Whatever that Taft lover is smoking sure is workin. If he doesn't try in college, why would the Raptors draft him? If my sources are right, I recall the Raptors traded Vince Carter because he didn't put out 100% every game. Taft was good but what did he do against The mid-major Pacific in the tourney. He suxed nuts in that game. He missed a couple lay-ups and easy shots that you got to make in the NBA. A lottery pick has to be a star or Major contributor in Collegiate teams. Then they got to have heart and try with a 100% every game. If i was a GM, I would allow Raptors to draft another but like Araujo agian. Then i would bow down and say thank you for take that bust off the board. LOL [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. .cabangbang

.cabangbang BBW Member

There is absolutely no way that Joahn Petro falls to 28.

3. BigBlueFan

BigBlueFan BBW Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting CB4 RAPTOR MVP:</div><div class="quote_post">Mr J, all i can say is that well see in 3 years whose better, taft or vazquez though i know taft is a future all star</div>
    Taft a future all-star? I got to see Taft play many, many times at Pittsburgh and I've already said- I am the least bit impressed with Taft. His work ethnic is horrible and he gives up on a lot of plays. I actually think Chevon Troutman was the better forward this season. Troutman averaged more points(15) and more rebounds(8). Troutman was even smaller that Taft and still did a better job(6'7). But Troutman's size is what's going to hurt him, considering he's a PF and is 6'7.

I just don't see what everyone see's in Taft. He never really got the job done in college, and I don't think he'll ever get the job done in the NBA. He's one of those guys that needs to stay in college all 4 years and improve on many weaknesses such as proving that he's not a lazy player.

4. J_Ray

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting UKOwnstheSEC:</div><div class="quote_post">Taft a future all-star? I got to see Taft play many, many times at Pittsburgh and I've already said- I am the least bit impressed with Taft. His work ethnic is horrible and he gives up on a lot of plays. I actually think Chevon Troutman was the better forward this season. Troutman averaged more points(15) and more rebounds(8). Troutman was even smaller that Taft and still did a better job(6'7). But Troutman's size is what's going to hurt him, considering he's a PF and is 6'7.

I just don't see what everyone see's in Taft. He never really got the job done in college, and I don't think he'll ever get the job done in the NBA. He's one of those guys that needs to stay in college all 4 years and improve on many weaknesses such as proving that he's not a lazy player.</div>

I agree, I watch the game against Pacific and he should have dominated the whole game, instead of the last 8 minutes. Thats why they were behind, because of him not playing good. He should stay in college for 4 years, and get better like Channing Frye. He was no where as good in his freshman year as he is now. I think if Taft stayed in college with the good coach Pitt has, he could be a for sure lottery pick in a couple of years.

5. Courtking

Courtking Courtking

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting J-Rich23:</div><div class="quote_post">There is absolutely no way that Joahn Petro falls to 28.</div>

You always have that one guy that drops late into the first or early into the second. Jameer Nelson was it last year and Maciej Lampe was it in 2003, both reguarded as lottery picks. Petro has the formula to to it this year, he is a big prospect with great shotblocking ability and can run the floor. But the team that picks him will have to take a lot of work to develop this kid to his full potential. At 28, the Spurs can wait to develop him which is one of the reasons they take a chance at him.

6. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

Petro might also drop because of his contract situation in Europe.

7. Voodoo Child

Voodoo Child Can I Kick It?

Attention:

Expect the next addition (v5) of JBB's Mock Draft to be posted sometime Thursday, Friday, or Saturday after Shapecity, Courtking, and I can get together and finalize the rough draft we have right now. It should be the best one yet.

8. WisBalla

WisBalla BBW Member

i think a some steals of the draft are no28 you guys got wanye simian who was excellent at kansas and andother big time name is isnt high on the draft is sean may. whateva team gets him in the second round will probally be very excited.

9. Voodoo Child

Voodoo Child Can I Kick It?

Update:

We're still working almost every minute we're online on the next mock draft. With Tuesday's draft lottery there was a sudden rush of changes and new information that became available to us, so instead of rushing it we've decided to take our time and just try to put together the most accurate, quality mock draft we can provide. It should just be another day, maybe two, before we are able to post it, but so far it looks really good.

10. J_Ray

So when will the V5 come out.