Official JBB 2005 NBA Mock Draft Rnd 2 (v2.0)

Discussion in 'JBB Mock Draft 2005 - 2007' started by Shapecity, Apr 11, 2005.

1. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

<font color="blue">Voodoo Child</font> and <font color="blue">Shapecity</font> proudly present Version 2 of the official JBB NBA Mock Draft Round 2. Again these are based on the NBA standings as of April 4th, 2005 and consistent with Round 1. We've adjusted the draft stock of the players based on the March Madness, the McDonald's All-American game, and the latest results from the PIT (Portsmouth Invitational Tournament.) Two errors we made in Version 2 have also been corrected. The Lakers actually receive New York's 2005 2nd Round pick, and the Knicks actually receive the Rockets 2nd Round pick this year. After doing this for a second time with all the changes in the NBA Standings it was almost like starting over. Hope you enjoy ALL the changes. In case you missed Version 1 here's a quick link to it.

31. Atlanta :: Nate Robinson
    32. LA Clippers (from CHA) :: Ike Diogu
    33. New Orleans :: Kennedy Winston
    34. Utah (could go to ORL) :: Daniel Ewing
    35. Portland :: Ryan Gomes
    36. Milwaukee :: Ronny Turiaf
    37. Golden State (could got to PHX) :: Vladimir Veremeenko
    38. LA Lakers (from NY) :: Juan Mendez
    39. Toronto :: Alan Anderson
    40. LA Clippers (could go to NJ) :: Julius Hodge
    41. LA Lakers :: Anthony Roberson
    42. New Jersey :: Sean Banks
    43. Orlando (could got to PHI) :: Jawad Williams
    44. Philadelphia (could go to DET) :: David Lee
    45. Minnesota :: Michael Wilkinson
    46. Orlando (from CLE) :: Eddie Basden
    47. Indiana :: Luther Head
    48. Boston :: Louis Williams
    49. Seattle (from MEM) :: Shawne Williams
    50. Denver (could go to DAL) :: Angelo Gigli
    51. Washington :: Pops Mensah Bosu
    52. Utah (from CHI) :: Dijon Thompson
    53. New York (from HOU) :: Andray Blatche
    54. Boston (from SAC) :: Micka?l Gelabale
    55. Detroit :: Chuck Hayes
    56. Phoenix (from DAL) :: Brandon Rush
    57. Seattle :: Chris Thomas
    58. Atlanta (from SA) :: Jason Maxiell
    59. Toronto (from MIA) :: Taylor Coppenrath
    60. Utah (from PHX) :: Travis Diener

2. Mr. J

Mr. J Triple Up

I think my son, Julius Hodge should be a first rounder. If his best case scenario (according to Draftcity) is Penny in Orlando, and his worse case is Marquis Daniels, than why would he be so low? I like the Knicks taking Blatche, I just wish I could get more information on him.

3. Voodoo Child

Voodoo Child Can I Kick It?

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting mrj18:</div><div class="quote_post">I think my son, Julius Hodge should be a first rounder. If his best case scenario (according to Draftcity) is Penny in Orlando, and his worse case is Marquis Daniels, than why would he be so low? I like the Knicks taking Blatche, I just wish I could get more information on him.</div>

Mrj18, you really need to stop reading these comparisons. How many times do we have to tell you that they mean nothing? Mike Wilkinson's game is compared to Kevin Garnett's, but that doesn't mean he'll be as talented as Garnett. It just means that they have similar attributes. Believe me, the worst case scenario for Julius Hodge is as an undrafted, unsigned Euroleague baller who gets cut after a year and is forced to join the And 1 street tour and do nothing but sit around all day and talk about what "coulda been".

4. Mr. J

Mr. J Triple Up

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Voodoo Child:</div><div class="quote_post">Mrj18, you really need to stop reading these comparisons. How many times do we have to tell you that they mean nothing? Mike Wilkinson's game is compared to Kevin Garnett's, but that doesn't mean he'll be as talented as Garnett. It just means that they have similar attributes. Believe me, the worst case scenario for Julius Hodge is an undrafted, unsigned Euroleague baller for a year before he gets cut from that team and is forced to join the And 1 street tour and do nothing but sit around all day and talk about what "coulda been".</div>
    I know, I'm just saying if he's that talented, why is he listed so low? If I'm not mistaken, aren't they from real scouts so I think it has to have some value to it.

5. CUSA Fan

CUSA Fan JBB JustBBall Member

Pretty late on this, but what's the reason for the big jump for Basden?

In v1.0 I mentioned that Basden should be on the draft board somewhere. Not only did you put him on the board, you throw him up there right at the middle of the second round. What has he done that has impressed you? Is it his defense that makes you want to put him on there? I know, the reliance of him stepping up in big games against big time players such as Garcia and Hodge. I'm a huge fan of Basden, I just wanted to hear your reasoning on the huge jump for him.

6. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting CUSA Fan:</div><div class="quote_post">Pretty late on this, but what's the reason for the big jump for Basden?

In v1.0 I mentioned that Basden should be on the draft board somewhere. Not only did you put him on the board, you throw him up there right at the middle of the second round. What has he done that has impressed you? Is it his defense that makes you want to put him on there? I know, the reliance of him stepping up in big games against big time players such as Garcia and Hodge. I'm a huge fan of Basden, I just wanted to hear your reasoning on the huge jump for him.</div>

It had everything to do with his tournament performance. We did Version 1 before March Madness, and Version 2 after March Madess, that was the difference for Basden.

7. CUSA Fan

CUSA Fan JBB JustBBall Member

I hate to be debating against Basden, but in the tournament, he had a game of 15 points and 10 rebounds in a loss to NC State. Is that really a huge reason for him to make a big jump as it appears?