Official Kobe Bryant Thread

Discussion in 'NBA General' started by kingjamez, May 30, 2007.

1. PN13

PN13 BBW Member

how about the pistons in a sign and trade with chauncey?or a sign and trade with VC?

2. Pacers fan forever

Pacers fan forever BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (PN13 @ May 31 2007, 10:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>how about the pistons in a sign and trade with chauncey?</div>ROFLMAO!!!!!!! HAHA! That is so hilarious, just the thought of it

3. SunnyD

SunnyD Sexiest Poster Alive (Yessir)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Pacers fan forever @ May 31 2007, 10:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>ROFLMAO!!!!!!! HAHA! That is so hilarious, just the thought of it</div>Obviously there would be more pieces to that deal. Don't be a ass to Pistonnick.

4. jkidd51524

jkidd51524 BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Pacers fan forever @ May 31 2007, 10:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>ROFLMAO!!!!!!! HAHA! That is so hilarious, just the thought of it</div><span style="font-family:Courier New">I thought you were going to try to become a better poster and become more mature</span> :no1:

5. noballer08

noballer08 BBW Elite Member

Kobe is staying right where he is. The front office doesn't want to trade him, and he is unsure if he even wants to go. But, only time can tell and we might see another change of tune after the draft?

6. PN13

PN13 BBW Member

way to be a douche jkidd. its a thought, not a possibility, I already put it in the pistons forum...and my posts arent inmatture-besides today....not that one,,,dont knock what I think.

7. KCX

KCX BBW VIP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (PN13 @ May 31 2007, 10:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>way to be a douche jkidd. its a thought, not a possibility, I already put it in the pistons forum...and my posts arent inmatture-besides today....not that one,,,dont knock what I think.</div>he was referring to PFF and I believe he was support you lol.

8. jkidd51524

jkidd51524 BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (PN13 @ May 31 2007, 11:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>way to be a douche jkidd. its a thought, not a possibility, I already put it in the pistons forum...and my posts arent inmatture-besides today....not that one,,,dont knock what I think.</div><span style="font-family:Courier New">I was talking about PPF.</span>

9. PN13

PN13 BBW Member

alright...I wish I didnt say that...my apologies...I AM out of it for sure

10. Rok

Rok BBW VIP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>I think there has to be a statue of limitations for a super-star player waiting for management to build the right team around him to give him the opportunity to win a title.if you've been with the same team 8-10 years and they keep spinning their wheels in the mud, first round flame outs, bad draft picks, rotating coaches etc (cough-twolves-cough) then yeah a star player should be ticked off and go to management to ask for a trade.If management ignores him after several discussions/request, THEN they should make it public.</div>Well if I was a player, and for 8-10 years I was with a management that wasn't doing much such as you say first round flame outs, bad picks, musical chairs with coaches. The player should leave at the end of his contract. 8-10 years is like 2-3 contracts. Meaning that player stuck with the team despite knowing the management was not doing it's job. Such as with Garnett. Who I think had a chance to leave but stuck with them. But really my main point was each of these players like AI, KG, Kobe get the same type of response from fans in threads and it's annoying to me that they should be privileged over other players to win a title because they are on a mediocre or crappy team. I do see your point of a loyal player who should be traded after so many years, but that's not really common in the NBA nowadays.

11. Pacers fan forever

HAHA, KOBE RIP AND PRINCE? Tell me how that makes any sense? yOU'RE THE ONE BEING DUMB

12. noballer08

noballer08 BBW Elite Member

Well, stranger things have happened. We didn't think that Iverson would be gone to the Nuggets with Carmelo, did we?

13. Pacers fan forever

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (noballer07 @ Jun 1 2007, 12:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Well, stranger things have happened. We didn't think that Iverson would be gone to the Nuggets with Carmelo, did we?</div>I did

14. Justice

Justice BBW VIP

I'm gonna agree with Rok here. Some people demand trades but keep coming back to the same goddamn team year after year (cough cough KG cough cough). If those people want to leave, they can ask for a sign-and-trade or just sign with a team that can afford them (or lower their standards and take a couple mill less, holy sh*t).With the Pacers argument, I think you both are right, actually. Primetime, Artest is a huge fuckup. I'm sorry, but getting into legal issues when you are that rich is just idiotic. I really don't understand people that do that. Perhaps I'm not in the position to feel differently, but Jesus.And BCB, he is right to an extent. The Pacers were a bunch of fuckups as a whole, too. Jackson was just as bad if not worse than Artest... I don't know about O'Neal, but it seems clear that the Pacers are trying to clean up their image. I think you know that, but you have to agree.

15. CelticBalla32

CelticBalla32 Basketball is back in Boston

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Justice @ Jun 1 2007, 02:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I'm gonna agree with Rok here. Some people demand trades but keep coming back to the same goddamn team year after year (cough cough KG cough cough).</div>KG has never asked for a trade. If anything, he has sat back and done nothing about it. KG has talked to the media every year by saying that the Wolves need to go out and bring in more help, but he has never asked for a trade. He's been the quietest star in the situation like this.

16. Justice

Justice BBW VIP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Pacers fan forever @ May 31 2007, 11:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>HAHA, KOBE RIP AND PRINCE? Tell me how that makes any sense? yOU'RE THE ONE BEING DUMB</div>shut up; you're an idiot

17. Mobruler

Mobruler BBW VIP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Pacers fan forever @ May 31 2007, 12:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Pacers, Pacers, Pacers....Granger, Williams, Diogu, Tinsley....</div><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Pacers fan forever @ May 31 2007, 12:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>HAHA, KOBE RIP AND PRINCE? Tell me how that makes any sense? yOU'RE THE ONE BEING DUMB</div>

18. Rok

Rok BBW VIP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>KG has never asked for a trade. If anything, he has sat back and done nothing about it. KG has talked to the media every year by saying that the Wolves need to go out and bring in more help, but he has never asked for a trade. He's been the quietest star in the situation like this.</div>KG's been in 2 lenghty deals though right?(most likely one max but I'm not sure) And they had one really successful season in his tenure where they made the WCF. He should have left, but like you said he stayed quiet and took his money. I'm not going to feel sorry for him and think he should be traded. That's his own fault and if he really wants to win over all. He'll opt out and sign with a winning team. If he doesn't, I don't care about this situation and chances of winning.

19. wolverine30

wolverine30 BBW Elite Member

Just some ideas I have:Kobe gets traded to Indiana for Jermaine O'neal and Mike Dunleavy or Danny Granger.Kobe gets traded to Seattle for the 2nd pick in the draft and Ray Allen.Kobe and Odom get traded to Boston for Paul Pierce and 5th pick in the draft.Kobe gets traded to Chicago for Ben Gordon and Kirk Hinrich.Call me crazy for thinking of these trades but I wouldn't be that surprised if he got traded to these teams.

20. CelticBalla32

CelticBalla32 Basketball is back in Boston

wolverine, you could have posted this in one of the other 7-10 Kobe Bryant threads we have. I'm going to merge this.