Official next years team thread.

Discussion in 'New York Rangers' started by kreidertime, Sep 27, 2020.

1. kreidertime

kreidertime Well-Known Member

Nonsense. McDonagh was very good here. He had an amazing playoffs the year we went to the final. He didn't weasel his way anywhere. He didn't want to be traded. Are you drunk? Plus you should be kissing Tampa's ass. They knocked the Islanders out.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2020
    mrmel29 and theProdigy223 like this.
  2. theProdigy223

theProdigy223 Well-Known Member

Struds my man, I usually agree with most of your posts but this one is out there. McDonagh was a great Ranger and one of the best defenseman we've had in recent memory. For sure he slowed down a bit toward the end but that's not surprising considering he put a lot of miles on that body quickly playing Torts hockey early in his career. Got killed by Lucic, suckered by Simmonds, ate elbows from Komarov and Matt Cooke, and that's just off the top of my head. In that Tampa ECF he is was getting his broken foot frozen before games just go out there and play against the Stamkos line.

You really can't blame him for the Zucc injury, that was terrible luck with the shortest player in the league getting his head pushed down even farther at the wrong time.

No idea how he feels about it now, but he did not want to be traded and was crushed when it happened. But he never said a single bad word about it or the organization in general, and went back to work in Tampa. Im glad he got the cup and was pulling for him.

Shattenkirk on the other hand I can see if people are a little less happy with given some of his statements on his way out. But tough not to relate to his frustration about how everything went down here given the money he left on the table to live his dream and the bad injury luck that fucked it all up. At the end of the day he's a good guy and a good player, and Im glad it worked out for him. A top 4 and PP defenseman on a cup winning team is no small thing.

Now enough with the ex Rangers. Let's get the current Rangers a cup next year.

3. NYR Fan

NYR Fan Well-Known Member

I'm just upset that TB didn't win it either of the past two seasons, which would have given us an extra 1st round pick. Of course they win it the season after that deal provision goes away.

Also, Shatt played well for them. The way things played out not sure we made the correct decision to buy him out, but I guess one way or another he'd have to be gone, just like Staal now, to make the cap work.

4. kreidertime

You must be drunk also. You and your overpaid shitty vets. Shattenkirk was protected in Tampa and the last thing we need is a big salary righty defenseman who isn't good defensively. We have so many righty d men we don't have room. Expect the Rangers to only go with Lundkvist and Fox as smaller defenseman and the rest will be guys with some size and toughness. TDA is out of here. I just don't know for who yet. I bet you the fuckhead is asking for 6 years at 6 million.

5. kreidertime

Some other boards say TDA for Lindholm but I would want a couple of seconds back. Lindholm is 25, maybe close to 50% on draws and is a complimentary piece. I'd rather have him than Strome but not for TDA straight up. I want those 2nd round picks back. I'd also take Lindholm and Bennett for say TDA and Strome. Bennett would be great here.

6. mrmel29

mrmel29 Well-Known Member

I don’t know if you get much more back for Dangelo dump as Lindholm
    has 29 and 27 goals the last 2 years. Cap hit is 5.7

7. Ranger71

Ranger71 Well-Known Member

They should bridge DA and keep him at least until the trade DL and see how we are in the standings. We don't have any other puck movers other than Fox this season so I'd use TDA and trade him next summer perhaps. Cap space won't really be an issue unless they're going for a 2C in which case you move Strome.

NYR Fan likes this.
  8. kreidertime

Throw out Lindbolm's one fluke year where Gaudreau carried him and over his other 5 years he averages 44 points. That is not a player worth TDA.

9. mrmel29

Lundqvist is being bought out tmo by the rangers

10. strudwickisthebest

strudwickisthebest Well-Known Member

Still can’t get over the 2014 blew the Cup. That series could’ve easily been 4 to 1 rangers

11. theProdigy223

theProdigy223 Well-Known Member

Absolutely. That double OT loss in game 2 is without question the most demoralized and crushed I have felt over a sporting event that I wasnt playing in. Still pisses me off.

strudwickisthebest likes this.
  12. kreidertime

They didn't blow the cup drunko. The refs fucked up two games at the end and apologized to the Rangers for it after the series. Plus, if Girardi was even close to healthy in that series, Rangers win it in 6 or less. His game was perfect to play the Kings. He was incredibly hurt that series.

13. strudwickisthebest

strudwickisthebest Well-Known Member

They did blow the series. Blew leads, hit posts, made players like Kyle Clifford and Matt Greene look like HOFs. Gaborik made a fool out of them. We brought in Nash to replace him and he couldn’t score a goal for shit in big spots. Not to mention Girardi’s best play was an assist on the game winner in Game 1. I’m sure plenty of players from both sides played hurt. I remember also in game 1 they were up 2-0 in the 2nd period and D. Moore missed a wide open net on a tap-in on a great pass from MSL. I’ll never forget that. If they scored and went up 3-0 they would have won game 1 and the series might have been much different

Last edited: Sep 30, 2020
  14. Ranger71

Kreider had 2 breakaways in OT in game 5 too.

15. Ranger71

Sounds like they may be looking into Monahan.

16. kreidertime

I said that months ago. I mean to me, Strome, Buchnevich and TDA can all be on the table.

17. kreidertime

It seems Gorton is targeting the Flames who appear to be blowing that team up and going into rebuild mode.

18. NYR Fan

They still have not extended a qualifying offer to Strome (they did for Lemieux, Georgiev, and DeAngelo). Sounds like they may focus on getting a deal done by the deadline of 7 PM tomorrow night, or deal his rights. Could even happen tonight at the draft, who knows. Will be interesting to see how this one plays out.

19. mrmel29

Ok, I guess this will be the draft thread ha ha ha

20. NYR Fan

Rangers extended a QO to Strome. I am still thinking a 1 or 2 year deal for him (1 more likely). Maybe a 2 or 3 year deal for DeAngelo. I don't think trading either is out of the question, but I think they are leaning towards re-signing both. FA starts in 2 days. So we'll see some good action and rumors soon.