Official off season thead

Discussion in 'New York Rangers' started by kreidertime, Apr 28, 2023.

1. kreidertime

kreidertime Well-Known Member

Sadly, I told you so. Just was off a game in my prediction. Gallant good guy. Needs to be shown the door. Drury, last year for him before he needs to be canned if he can't figure out how to do a better job. Panarin needs to be asked to waive his NMC. If he won't, he needs to be told he will no longer play on the PP. Miller is young but I don't see the Rangers waiting 4 years for him to figure it out. I could see him being moved. Chytil is not a center and not the center that Lafreniere needs. Lafreniere needs a physical, high intensity center with speed to play with. That sure as fuck isn't Chytil. I really wish they could have gotten Larkin.

Panarin, Chytil, Miller, Goodrow, Vesey. All these guys need to go. A lot of fans like to dump on Trouba but it can't be easy having to play with a turnover prone, clusterfuck like Miller every game. The Rangers are going to have a couple of lean, lousy years coming up here. Basically, pissing away 2 years of Igor's career. Team needs to get faster. More physical. More defensive. Cuylle, Othmann and Edstrom are going to help a lot with the size and physicality of this team coming up here. However, a new coach with a new defensive system is crucial. Drury has to start adding more speed in the draft and bring in more speed via trades or FA.

2. kreidertime

Either way, this is going to be one of the ugliest off-seasons in a long, long, time for the Rangers. There is going to be a lot of requests to drop NMC's. If that player won't, that player is going to be treated like shit going forward. I feel good about Cuylle, Othmann and Edstrom coming up and adding the physical element to our forwards. More is needed though. There have to be faster and more physical players on the top lines. I don't know how Drury is going to pull that off.

3. NYR Fan

NYR Fan Well-Known Member

You are such a fake fan troll it is funny.

4. Ranger71

Ranger71 Well-Known Member

Unless they deal one of their U-25 guys, it's basically going to be the same team next year, minus Vlad, Kane and Motte, and adding Othmann, Cuylle(maybe) and Robertson, so they are going to have to figure it out for now.

5. kreidertime

Getting Panarin out of here is a must. That has to be priority number one.

6. Ranger71

I could see Miller possibly being dealt to open up 3m in space but maybe they give him more time. He's gotta be alot better than he was this season.

7. kreidertime

A lot of these fat, lazy, overpaid vets are in for a miserable off-season. There ego is going to take a beating when they are told we don't want you any longer.

8. Ranger71

They're in a bit of a tight spot with the cap until it starts going up at a higher rate. Next year it will be really tough to add anything of note at the DL.

9. kreidertime

Sadly this is the result I expected. Just in fewer games. Rangers are going in the wrong direction while teams like NJ, Ottawa and Buffalo who properly develop their young players are going in the right direction.

10. kreidertime

I've been trying to tell some tards in our fan base along with a few others here for years and years that the Rangers have been clusterfucks developing Lafreniere and Kakko. They act as if they are role players and thus that is what they have developed into. No other team in hockey takes picks that high and does what the Rangers did to them. However, the thickheaded tools in our fan base would rather blame the kids and call them busts instead of examining the fact that this incompetent organization has 1 cup in 84 years for a reason. Because they don't have a fucking clue what they are doing. They are inept in so many different ways. Like knowing that FA's want to play here and never leave here and yet the dumb fucks still continue to give out NMC's and NTC's like it's candy.

11. kreidertime

PANARIN MUST GO. End of story.

12. NYR Fan

Panarin and Goodrow must go - I just struggle to see how they can move Panarin with a NMC and a huge AAV. Everyone has seen he cannot play in the playoffs, so that one will be tough.

Gallant should get fired also, but I am not sure he will be. And Drury needs to raise his game many levels, but he was not good last summer, and like it or not, his moves this year did not work. I still believe he is in over his head.

13. NYR31

NYR31 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

If Drury brings back the same team last year +/- some minor changes then he has failed as GM. He needs to send a message that this isn't good enough and that if you want to be here you need to do better. That means one of the big names need to go.

14. NYR Fan

I agree one of the big guys needs to go - Pan being the best choice, but it won't be easy with the AAV and NMC's. Drury will have to earn his money this summer, that's for sure. This team isn't close right now as we learned clearly over the past 7-10 days.

15. NYR Fan

16. NYR31

NYR31 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

17. Messiah717

Messiah717 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

He was for the most part neutralized and the Rangers were badly outplayed 5 on 5 so it's pretty believable.

18. NYR Fan

Game 7, but still bad - he was a no show for most of the series, and it is a huge disappointment, because I think he is great. This was a big step back for him IMO.

Truth is outside of 2 or 3 players, you can blanket say they all stunk. No 1 or 2 people to call out IMO. Igor, Kreider (who was awful in game 7 and put it all on himself), Tara, the rest were terrible IMO.

19. Messiah717

Messiah717 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

You give the Devils credit for never being fazed. Down 2-0 didn't bother them and playing a game seven didn't bother them. The Rangers were the overwhelmed rattled group. They did a lot to themselves when they came back home up 2-0 and fell asleep. Last night they had PP chances that could've turned the tide and they crapped the bed on them. This team didn't have it and in hindsight Kane obviously wasn't the piece they needed.

NYR Fan likes this.
  20. Ranger71

Once the pp failed they were mentally shot. They didn't really start any of these games all that well, Shesterkin just kept them afloat.