Official off season thead

Discussion in 'New York Rangers' started by kreidertime, Apr 28, 2023.

1. Ranger71

Ranger71 Well-Known Member

Alot of teams would love to have our problem of having enough talent to have 2 top picks on the 3rd line and 2nd pp, while still being a playoff team. At some point after 3y their talent and experience should be enough to start generating points wherever they are, or they probably shouldn't have been as highly thought of as they were.

2. kreidertime

kreidertime Well-Known Member

You just don’t fucking get it dude. You’re simply ignoring the facts like a complete asswipe. The evidence is simple and the facts are very clear. You don’t develop forwards like the Rangers have developed Kakko and Lafreniere. It’s just fucking wrong and you just don’t wanna seem to admit it.

3. Ranger71

I'm not trying to single them out, the whole team pretty much outside of our goalie sucked terribly. I guess it's the chicken/egg syndrome with the Rangers. Luck into 2 top 2 picks but still have so much in talent and $$ ahead of them for 4-5y that you can't really bump anyone down. Not getting a C as stated above didn't help either. It's too bad Lundell wasn't rated as high as Lafreniere.

4. Ranger71

Ehlers is a guy i'd love to see here but it's highly doubtful the Jets would trade him.

5. NYR31

NYR31 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

It didn't matter who else we would have drafted at #1 or #2. If they were forwards, we were going to fuck them up anyway. If we had drafted Hughes, he wasn't going to be a 100pt player for us like he was for the Devils this season. This team would have still gone out last summer and gotten Trochek because we couldn't rely on a 20/21yo as our 2nd line center. Zegras wouldn't be with us what he is today with the Ducks. Stutzle wouldn't be with us what he is today with Ottawa because like Alexis he'd be stuck behind Panarin and Kreider. Name him, as long as he's a forward, he was not going to get the opportunity here to develop and become a top line player.

6. Ranger71

If it was a C like Hughes or Lundell they probably wouldn't have signed Trocheck, they would've bumped one of those guys up to #2. Since Laf and KK are wingers it was tougher.

BigDaddyAl1973 likes this.
  7. PorterPanzer

PorterPanzer Active Member

You need to let Strome go NYR, Trocheck is superior to him in every facet of hockey for $625k more. Vinnie had 64 points this year, Strome's best Rangers year 59 points - 41 points with a crappy Anaheim team. Vinnie 56.1% FO Strhump 43.8% Hits Vinnie 182, Ryan 29. Come on man, it's not even close! As was correctly posted above, signing Trocheck was a step in the right direction. I agree they need to make changes at the top of the roster, not doing so will make keeping or replacing GG irrelevant. I felt the same way after the loss to Tampa last year - I would move Fox, he doesn't have a NTC yet and could bring back pieces to immediately help out. Forget the hometown kid sentimentality, he's not built for playoff hockey.

8. kreidertime

Bottom line is what the Rangers did with Lafreniere and Kakko is total incompetence. If they hire Quenneville, I can assure you that he isn't going to use those kids like Gallant did because he's smart enough to realize they won't win jack shit unless they are developed properly.

9. kreidertime

So Brooks wrote today that Lafreniere and Kakko were never setup for success here. Amazing that even senile Brooks can understand the obvious and a lot of posters here can't. The more pathetic part is how Gallant didn't tell one of his vet left wingers to move to right wing so a young kid taken first overall could move to left wing. Smh. Things like that are reasons for people who want the Rangers to move on from Gallant. Gourde, another guy I wanted the Rangers to get scored in OT last night. Imagine this team with Gourde and Bennett instead of Tarasenko and Kane. Me thinks the Rangers would still be playing in the playoffs.

Last edited: May 3, 2023
  10. kreidertime

Amazing that a 38 year old guy in Pavelski coming back from a bad concussion scores 4 goals and that worthless piece of shit Panarin, a guy in his prime doesn't have a goal the entire series vs. a backup goalie. Actually, we shouldn't be amazed. He sucked last year as the playoffs went on. He just started the playoffs this year like he ended it last year.

11. PorterPanzer

PorterPanzer Active Member

I went back to read the scouting reports on Laf and "dynamic play maker with a deadly shot " was the general assessment along with the can't miss tag. A coach should be able to put a guy like Laf on any line because of this talent but unfortunately poor work ethic wasn't mentioned in the report and that is Alexi's primary problem, The idea that Alexi failed to excel because of the talent around him makes no sense, actually it meant that he didn't have to immediately produce, he could gently ease into the pressures of playing in NYC. You daddyballers need to start holding these young men accountable instead of blaming coaching for their lack of drive, that is 100% on them. I guarantee you that Hughes puts in 2-3 times the offseason work Laffytaffy puts in, saying that Stutzle was in a better position to succeed is silly, watch the guy play and like Hughes you'll see at this point of their career they are in another stratosphere. Laf is still young but it would be nice to see him come into next preseason in shape and 5-10 pounds of muscle heavier.

12. kreidertime

I was laughing reading an article about Tarasenko and Kane being open to returning. Fuck you. Take your high price, worthless asses somewhere else.

13. Rangers94

Rangers94 Well-Known Member

I’d be ok with Tarasenko coming back on a cheap deal. Kane can go fuck himself.

mrmel29 likes this.
  14. Stepupstepan

Stepupstepan Well-Known Member

Yeah I agree I would take Tara on a 2 year cheap deal which probably won’t happen.

15. Stepupstepan

And regarding Laf and Kakko. What they need this offseason is a skating coach. Their biggest issue is skating. Second, Kakko needs to get lighter and leaner. He is too fat and so is Laf. Both of these dopes need to work their ass off in the offseason especially Laf. This kid is lazy as fuck. If they don’t put in any work this offseason no coach will help them.

16. Stepupstepan

Hughes is so fast, high skilled and light on his skates. That’s his biggest weapon. Look at any other young studs around the league. Fast, hight skilled and can fly around the ice. That’s the new NHL. Kakko and Laf would be stars if they were in league 1o years ago.

BigDaddyAl1973 likes this.
  17. Ranger71

They both need to continue to work on their skating.

PorterPanzer likes this.
  18. kreidertime

Seems Gallant doesn't really grasp NY. Having two big, regular season point totals doesn't matter if you don't win a championship. Especially, if you get knocked out in the first round. Let's be honest as I said before. If Trouba doesn't knock out Crosby, they get eliminated in the first round last year. I don't think for a second that is lost on Drury.

19. mrmel29

mrmel29 Well-Known Member

Yeah, was listening to gallant whining this morning at his record and rumors he would be fired. Too bad jerry. Your systems sucked. your time is up. You can thank Igor for your record the past 2 years

20. mrmel29

mrmel29 Well-Known Member

Well put Mess. They were lucky but not lucky enough especially missing Hughes for kakko by one ping pong ball Gdi.