Official off-season thread

Discussion in 'New York Rangers' started by kreidertime, May 30, 2015.

1. BigDaddyAl1973

BigDaddyAl1973 Well-Known Member

Accountant
    Isn't Boyle on the last year of his contract? If so their is more cap space for the possibility of resigning yandel. As far as prospects... Give it a rest with this we traded everything bullshit. Players and pieces and picks are traded all the time. Realistically at the position we would have picked it would be another low pick two way run of the mill player.

No top 15
    No top 10
    No top 5

Are being traded.

How many spots are open on this team? 4th line... 3rd line... Big fucking deal those are plug and play role players. We bitch about our 5th and 6th dmans... Smh first world problems.

SaveLundy likes this.
  2. Rangers94

Rangers94 Well-Known Member

Actually I was stating that the PP would be a big reason why this team would struggle all year long and was told how it wouldn't matter. Turns out, it did matter. I realize that your job as school janitor makes you think you know it all and those years of playing NHL on you Xbox make you think you're a GM, but please come back to reality. Tell me again about Immonen, or Dawes or any of the 100 other prospects you said were slam dunks. Fact of the matter is, NONE of us know what the rookies will bring, it's all just an assumption. Skjei could be great, or he could be a disaster. Same with McIlrath. Same with Lindberg, Borque, and anyone else. You are the one whom is always saying that our farm is so great and deep and that these media outlets are dumbasses and don't know anything. The fact is, we know what we have with Yandle. A good dman with great offensive ability. If we see Skjei has those skills AT THE NHL LEVEL, NOT THE AHL LEVEL, then that, and only that, makes Yandle tradeable. Nash is going to be tough to move, not because of his talent, but because of his contract. Boyle is tough to move because of his no trade clause. Neither are impossible to move, but both will be difficult to move. Those are the facts dump. Now you can call me a dumbazz, as per your usual M.O. whenever anyone rebuts your inane comments, but the facts are the facts. We will see what happens in the next few months. Right now though, we're all just guessing.

BigDaddyAl1973 likes this.
  3. Messiah717

Messiah717 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Nobody hated the Nash move. With what we know now about his playoff failures it's obvious some are going to pretend that they did.

4. chuckd3534

chuckd3534 Well-Known Member

Funny stuff guys. Dump is a great read I will give you that. 3 months ago after the Yandle trade he said good trade, Yandle is a difference maker, the idiots on HOF have no clue what they are talking about, our system is fine. And we all know dump was the biggest fan of the Nash deal on these boards.

3 months later when nothing has changed except we lost in the ECF to TB in 7 games, now we are all idiots and our system stinks. Sather is an idiot for trading mid to late 20's picks, even though dump liked everyone of those deals at the time. Now he pretends someone else made all the comments he made after the Yandle deal, and we are all idiots...LOL.

Have to love it. Once again why we love our dumpy...:).

5. SaveLundy

SaveLundy Active Member

well the wonderful thing about dump contradicting himself is there is proof on theses same message boards to prove to him hes lost his mind....yet again

6. Messiah717

It's just bad contradiction at this point. I mean come on Dump we can all go back to the thread when they traded for Yandle and see exactly what you said. Don't keep going down this foolish road. It's Mike Francesa territory at this point

7. chuckd3534

chuckd3534 Well-Known Member

And you know what Mess, if dump came on these boards now and said I was for all the trades we made, I liked our system even after the Yandle deal, now 3 months later I have changed my mind and I think our system sucks (even though nothing has changed in 3 months) and we need to build up the system again and need big changes, I would respect him. I would disagree with him for sure, but I would respect dump.

BUT instead he comes on here like he never said the things he said, he was always against the moves, Sather is an idiot, we are all idiots (for liking the same moves he liked 3 months ago when he said Yandle was a difference maker), and we need to change everything. Sorry but that is laughable and makes all of us think dump has issues or has a double personality...LOL.

8. BigDaddyAl1973

Accountant
    "Thhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhey STINK"

9. theProdigy223

theProdigy223 Well-Known Member

Al is this a Francesca special?

ANDY PETTITE IS A STARTING PITCHAH!

BigDaddyAl1973 likes this.
  10. BigDaddyAl1973

Accountant
    You win a cookie

11. theProdigy223

theProdigy223 Well-Known Member

Al, not sure if this is the same quote you're going for but my all-time favorite DEYYY STINK is at 7:48 of this video. It's also my all-time favorite rant of his, back from 2012 after the Mets got swept by the Rockies. Just classic line after classic line. Fun listening if you can throw it on in the background at work.

"They pitched their starter THREE INNINGS! and the Mets didnt score a run"

"If I saw that in a LITTLE LEAGUE game I'd be upset!"

Amazing how this guy has made a career out of just yelling.

12. Messiah717

The one thing about Francesa is love him or hate him he knows his crap. His memory of past baseball, football and basketball games is ridiculous. Chris Russo even said once that Mike had an absurd memory and recall of sports history.

13. mrmel29

mrmel29 Well-Known Member

The problem with francesa now is he goes off on these diatribes where he repeats the same thing he just said over and over. Also, with his interviews he asks the guest 10 questions and answers 9 of them before the guest has a chance to answer anything. And comical watching on his now seldom seen simulcasts on fox as he reaches to disconnect anyone he disagrees with or is getting the better of him and then talks on the air to him like the person is actually still there for awhile browbeating the empty air. He is knowledgeable but hard these days to stay tuned in long enough to him to actually receive the knowledge

14. Messiah717

I think he's retiring after this year's SB.

15. kreidertime

kreidertime Well-Known Member

I'm not contradicting myself at all. As usual, the IQ of many posters here is low and they aren't able to decipher the point of a thread. The point of the thread here was not what people thought about the St. Louis and Yandle deals at the time. Or even over a period of time. The point is the end result. The end result of the deals was a disaster. The deals won nothing and ruined our farm system. It doesn't even matter if Duclair doesn't turn out to be that good. The deals were stupid because they didn't accomplish a damn thing. The team won nothing. So the go for it now morons on this board need to realize that their strategy sucked. The two teams in the finals didn't use that strategy. They have their picks. Even extra picks. The Rangers have jack shit.

Most of all we still have tools on this board who probably think that injuries had something to do with them losing. Nonsense. Other than Zucc the team was healthy vs. Washington and they should have lost that series if not for dumb luck.

16. kreidertime

I'm not contradicting myself at all. As usual, the IQ of many posters here is low and they aren't able to decipher the point of a thread. The point of the thread here was not what people thought about the St. Louis and Yandle deals at the time. Or even over a period of time. The point is the end result. The end result of the deals was a disaster. The deals won nothing and ruined our farm system. It doesn't even matter if Duclair doesn't turn out to be that good. The deals were stupid because they didn't accomplish a damn thing. The team won nothing. So the go for it now morons on this board need to realize that their strategy sucked. The two teams in the finals didn't use that strategy. They have their picks. Even extra picks. The Rangers have jack .

In fact, I'm probably one of the few on this board who isn't contradicting himself. I told Chuck and Al for months the team was flawed. Fact. All I heard from those two clowns was how great the team was when they put up a big, regular season. Well, what happened? They got exposed in the playoffs. Outplayed almost all of the playoffs. Yet, those two and a few other posters here still don't want to accept it. Even after the results are in. Incredible.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2015
  17. kreidertime

It's also amusing how many on this board are completely closing their eyes to a lot of the media saying the same thing I am now. That the deals ended up being stupid because they DIDN'T WORK. When you basically are giving up most of your future in two deals, and you don't win crap, it's stupidity. The only way it turns out to be smart is if it worked. Which is did not. However, thickheads on this board don't want to try and get some of that future back in some deals because they are so delusional that they think this team can win a cup next year with a few minor tweaks which it can not.

I'm usually one of a few who is optimistic about our prospects when most of our fan base is not. Our system is in trouble. Big time and it needs to be fixed.

18. kreidertime

By the way . A plug and play role player won game three in the finals last night. Paquette. You never learn.

Our first line winger is now a relic. So that spot is open by the way. One our 6 defenseman is a relic and can't play any longer in Boyle. So that spot is open. Not to mention 2 of our top three centers can't win a faceoff and probably should be moved to wing. So those spots are potentially open. Then you have the age and injury factor with Girardi and Staal. While their actually age may not say they are relics, the mileage and injury history does. Personally, I think like Drury these two players will get old, fast. They have a ton of miles and injuries. That will be a problem sooner than later.

But don't worry Al. Everything is OK.

19. kreidertime

I mean, posters on this board are so pathetic and hard up to believe this team can win with a minor tweak that they are nwo discounting bottom pair defenseman and role players. Incredible. Every role on a championship team is important. The 4th line of the Kings killed the Rangers last year. I said at the start of the year that the Rangers might play 3 or 4 rookies. I got ripped for it. Guess what. They did. I said for 5 years the Rangers drafted to be a 4 line team. Now our posters are so desperate and are reaching so much that they discount Glass and his incompetence on the 4th line and are OK with it. Mind boggling. Dorsett never killed the offense of the 4th line despite not putting up points in the playoffs. The 4th line was a big reason the Rangers got to the finals last year. Now, it's OK with some of our fans that Glass sucks because he's a role player and they don't matter. You're just reaching at this point. It was pointed out all year that they team sucked on faceoffs. Now, it's no longer a problem. The injuries are the reason we lost to some. Puhlease. They lost because they were flawed. Boyle was garbage and other coaches constantly tried to match up against him. The 4th line was garbage and never contributed. The first line wing was old and had no game left. The team sucked on faceoffs and it hurt puck possession badly. Especially on the PP. The team was soft and had no physical element on defense which hurt them badly against Washington and Tampa. If you think you can fix all that with a few tweak moves and a farm system with little to no depth, by all means please tell us how. I would love to hear it.

Talk about contradicting yourself. Posters no longer think Glass is a problem, faceoffs are a problem, lack of size is a problem, lack of toughness on defense is a problem, a bad farm is a problem. Funny how all that went away from most of our posters.

20. kreidertime

I love how the mod is now deleting posts he doesn't want to hear. That's usually the first sign a board is on the way down.