Official off-season thread

Discussion in 'New York Rangers' started by kreidertime, May 30, 2015.

1. chuckd3534

chuckd3534 Well-Known Member

You are so dense dump. YOU said you liked the Yandle deal...he was a difference maker. YOU said AFTER the Yandle deal our system was fine. You even called the people on HOF idiots for saying it wasn't. So you were on board. You were one of the "go for it morons".

You cannot 3 months later say see I told you so, Al and Chuck and Sather are idiots for going for it. If you want to say that then YOU were an idiot also dump because you agreed with it all at the time man. If you cannot see that then I feel badly for you because with all due respect it makes you the moron.

On top of that, who the F said if they don't win the cup this one specific season all is lost and every move was bad. Can they not still win the cup in 16 or 17? I don't think this was a one year cup or everything was wrong situation.

2. kreidertime

kreidertime Well-Known Member

Like I said Chuck. By all means please tell the board in all your wisdom how you are going to fix all those problems I just stated with a few minor moves. Reality is you can't but you'll probably throw some B.S. our way. I remember when you wanted to give up a crap load for Winnik in picks.

3. chuckd3534

Can't you for once be humble and say I was on board but for this season I was wrong also. I mean what is wrong with you man. You really have zero clue how to play nice with others bro.

You were right there with 98% of us liking the moves we have made be it Nash (which you loved), MSL (which you were on board with), or Yandle (which you liked a lot). Come on now dump.

4. chuckd3534

Unlike you I don't view a team that made the SCF's last season and game 7 of the ECF this season as a failure that needs a total overhaul.

I told you what I would do, resign Hags for 3 mill max OR MSL for under 2 mill if Hags is crazy. Add a top 9 gritty R shot wing. Deal Talbot. Decide on Boyle, I would try and move him if I could get a 6th dman and save a couple mill on the cap. Let McIlrath be up with the big club as the 7th dman to start. And try and somehow get rid of Glass and resign Sheppard if I can get rid of Glass making the 4th line mix Lindberg/Moore/Shepp/Fast.

That is what I would do.

That combined with the growth of Miller and Hayes AND the continued progression of Kreider and having Yandle for a full season would make me very confident into next season.

5. kreidertime

While your attempting to tell us how to fix this team Chuck. Throw in the fact that the three major players who Sather threw away our picks and future for are the following.

Nash who can't score in the playoffs. St. Louis who is done and has no game left. Yandle who was a turnover machine his entire time here. That is what he threw away our future for. You dare to believe moves like those will work but at the end of the day the difference between you and I is that I look at the end result. The end result was garbage. Yet, amazingly Nash and Yandle will have value around the league despite flaws in their game. Yet, you don't want to trade anybody major because the team just needs a tweak.

6. BigDaddyAl1973

BigDaddyAl1973 Well-Known Member

Accountant
    Let's ignore everything chuck posted that came from your finger tips there buddy.
    And let's take a look and see that Boyle actually had more points then pretty much all the dmen on Tampa.
    You waited until one goal to puff out your chest, never mind that it was the top 6 on Tampa that beat the rangers.
    If you are tearing down the team then you better not do it half ass. You trade hank and Nash. Otherwise your team stands to be mediocre and that doesn't get you shit.

That is why for tens of years rangers won shit, they finished mid pack and got mid pack talent.

But don't worry im money, helmenin genoway dawes and Dylan Mc will save the day.

7. BigDaddyAl1973

BigDaddyAl1973 Well-Known Member

Accountant
    Let's also forget that they were missing a top 6 player on their team. Lets ignore the fact that nearly 24 other teams would trade their top 6 defenseman for what the rangers have.

Yeah having Boyle as 6th man really destroyed this team, nevermind that 3 defenseman about him were playing on one leg.. Lets ignore that fact.
    Last year team had 3 scoring lines and stone hand Boyle and Moore.. You you two players that were dumbed session aka dump handles. So stop with the change in weather attitude it gets boring your highness

8. chuckd3534

He is ridiculous Al...LOL. He keeps trying to separate himself from the group that liked all the deals Sather made, especially the Nash deal which he loved more than anyone. It is comical. If he wants to get up on his soap box then he needs to say I WAS WRONG...I liked all the deals and I WAS WRONG.

On top of that how do you judge Yandle on 3 months. This was win a cup in 2015 or everything is a failure? If they don't win by 2017 I will be there with him, but I am not going to say no cup in 2015 it all was a failure.

A team that went to game 7 of the ECF does not need a major overhaul. You need to add some finishing touches and give it a go again. Not break it all down and start over.

And I say about 26 or 27 teams would love to have our D 1-6. But they suck also...LOL.

9. theProdigy223

theProdigy223 Well-Known Member

Dump you are right on about the 4th line and glass, I started a thread on that back in November that it would be a huge problem going forward and was basically told to kick rocks because he's the 12th forward.

But your hatred of Yandle is borderline irrational. He is an elite puck moving Dman and led this team in playoff Dman points playing with a screwed up shoulder, yet all you say is he was a turnover machine. If he committed no turnovers but didnt score you'd be complaining that he didn't produce enough.

You've said many times AV's system is very difficult on dmen and takes awhile to learn. It's mind blowing how you're giving up on him already before he even has a training camp. He will here next year, he will put up great point totals, and will be a steal at that cap hit.

10. kreidertime

I'm not giving up on him. What I've said all along is that it's dumb to keep a guy for one more year, then lose him for nothing when Sather has destroyed our farm the past 2 years with deals. It makes no sense. Especially when you have Skjei ready to take a spot. Common sense would be to trade Yandle, get back a high pick and perhaps a puck moving defenseman prospect close to the NHL. Yandle isn't the difference between losing and winning a cup IMO. He could help but that isn't worth losing him for nothing after 1 more year.

11. kreidertime

At some point you have to stop losing players for nothing. Stop trading picks and prospects for rentals and signing UFA's. That is what the team did in the late 90's and early 2000's. They sucked because of it. How quickly people forgot that trading off old players was what help rebuild the team. The extra second in the Leetch deal was used to move up to get Staal. One of the extra seconds was used to take Dubinsky. One extra seconds was used to take Sauer who was on his way to being a great defenseman before a concussion took him out. They had so many extra picks in that draft that they took a chance on Callahan in the 4th round.

12. theProdigy223

What info do you have that Skjei is ready? I don't get to see much Hartford games but from the scouts I follow he needs at least half a year more next year. He might get some games here and there but he isn't ready for a full time role. McIlrath, on the other hand, is.

I also wouldn't be so quick to assume Yandle is walking for nothing. They might try to get this guy under contract and it isn't impossible. Most insiders say they want to sign him. The key to make it worth it would be having to move McDonagh to the right. That's the only way to break the logjam on the left and make a Yandle extension worth it. In 2 seasons you could go

Staal-McDonagh
    Yandle-Girardi
    Skjei-McIlrath

A few seasons after that maybe that third pair becomes the second pair.

But that's looking very far ahead. I expect Yandle here next year, McIlrath up and either Boyle or Klein gone for cap relief. Hopefully Boyle but could be Klein

13. kreidertime

Boyle if they can't dump his relic ass is gone next year. I see no way they trade Klein. They have only McIlrath as a righty in the system. Which is why any deal they make probably has to have a righty defenseman coming back.

14. strudwickisthebest

strudwickisthebest Well-Known Member

To me Fast creates offense from his defense. I hated him on the 4th line because he was no good playing with Glass and isn't a physical player who will engage in the rough stuff... His defense was superb in the playoffs and he created Stepan's game winner and plenty of offense from it

15. strudwickisthebest

He reminds me of Teravainen on the Hawks

16. strudwickisthebest

Nash-Brassard-Zucc

Kreider-Step-Fast

Hagelin-Hayes- Miller

Glass-Moore- lindberg

That seems to be what they're going with... Might switch Hayes and Fast...

Last edited: Jun 9, 2015
  17. strudwickisthebest

I can't believe writers for the Rangers are suggesting they play Ryan Bourque next season... He's 5'9, seems like he's a career call-up

18. theProdigy223

No JT?

Season started today, we'd probably see:

Nash-Brass-Zucc
    Kreider-Stepan-Fast
    Hagelin-Hayes-Miller
    Glass-Moore-Lindberg

I'd like to get Glass out and sub in a guy who actually knows what to do with the puck. Foligno on Buffalo would be a great get.

The only significant change I see is if they get a top 6 RW, then maybe move Fast to the 4th. It will all depend on what that top 6 RW costs to obtain.

What they do with Hagelin is the key to the forwards, but it sounds as if he'll be back.

19. strudwickisthebest

Lol I knew I forgot somebody, just edited it... Yea that's pretty much what I have the team to look like

20. theProdigy223

Nash-Brassard-Zuccarello
    Kreider-Stepan-Wheeler
    Miller-Hayes-Fast
    Anybody-Moore-Lindberg

Talbot, Hagelin and Klein for Blake Wheeler (or someone like him: big, top 6 right shot). Pipe dream, I know