Official off-season thread

Discussion in 'New York Rangers' started by kreidertime, May 30, 2015.

1. chuckd3534

chuckd3534 Well-Known Member

I am not going to speculate what will happen, because who knows, but I feel pretty confident in saying these will not be the lines next season. We will add a top 9 R shot winger to this mix.

If we go into next season with these lines we are in big trouble. Fast should be on the 4th line to start next season.

2. strudwickisthebest

strudwickisthebest Well-Known Member

Fast's defense creates offense.. He played well with Stepan and Kreider.. But I'll agree with him as a top 12 guy. Can be on the first or fourth when needed

3. SaveLundy

SaveLundy Active Member

good lord i would pull that trade off in a heart beat, Wheeler is a brick house with the hands to finish. he would be a nice addition to this team.

4. Ranger71

Ranger71 Well-Known Member

That's a bit too much just for Wheeler imo. If they added a 2nd then maybe, though Klein is someone they need to keep. He's actually the most reliable dman they have.

5. theProdigy223

theProdigy223 Well-Known Member

Rumors still hot that the Sharks are in big time on Talbot. What do you guys think of Tommy Wingels? He's been mentioned here before. I think he fills a huge need. He's a right shot, scores dirty goals, not small (although not a brusier), hits EVERYTHING in sight and is skilled enough to play on the PP. Last year he missed 7 games and still finished 7th overall in hits by a forward. He had more points than everyone ahead of him on that list, and was 4th in points out of the top 15 hitters (behind Ovechkin, Lucic and Backes..good company). He is also versatile: he can play C and take faceoffs, although he has played mostly RW for San Jose. Good enough skater to bump up to the top 6 when needed but ideally a 3rd liner.

Drawbacks are that he does not have much playoff experience (currently 6 points in 23 games), but I'd argue nobody on San Jose has had much playoff success. Just turned 27, 2 years left with a 2.475 hit.

Talbot for Wingels
    Klein to someone else for a 2nd (necessary to make the cap work)
    Glass to Siberia

Nash-Brassard-Zuccarello
    Kreider-Stepan-Miller
    Hagelin-Hayes-Wingels
    Lindberg-Moore-Fast

McDonagh-Girardi
    Staal-Boyle
    Yandle-McIlrath

Couple that with Miller and Hayes taking the next step, that could be a very good team.

6. kreidertime

kreidertime Well-Known Member

No way I'm trading Talbot for Wingels unless they throw in a 2nd round pick and another good role player. Wingels is lower line guy. I'd probably want Goodrow with him. Give the Rangers a big, role player. That allows them more flexibility with Hagelin if they wish to deal him. No freakin way you trade Klein period. Especially for just a second when right handed defenseman are worth a ton in this league now. If they were stupid enough to trade Klein I would do it for a top 15 draft pick and a young NHL player. Klein is more valuable than Yandle because he's right handed. People better start understanding that. Though I wouldn't be surprised to see Sather try to pry away DeMelo a right handed defenseman with a high hockey IQ and booming shot from the Ducks in a Talbot deal.

7. theProdigy223

theProdigy223 Well-Known Member

We do probably lose a Wingels/Talbot trade but it's a starting point for chips on each side. But Dump come on. On no planet is Kevin Klein more valuable than Yandle. Is he more valuable than Duncan Keith too? Ryan Suter? Those are left handed guys who must also be worth less than Klein since Klein is right handed. And why are you ripping Boyle when hes a right shot too? Klein is a second pairing dman at best, a 3rd pairing guy on a good team. If McIlrath is as good as you say, he's replaceable from within. Yandle is not. I cant tell if youre being serious with some of your comments lately, or purposely trying to get people fired up.

8. strudwickisthebest

strudwickisthebest Well-Known Member

Nobody would trade a 1st round pick and their top offensive prospect for Klein

9. SaveLundy

SaveLundy Active Member

But...But hes a right handed shot! Klein is a good defenseman that will garner an ok return, not as good as yandle would. But Yandle isnt going anywhere are we packaged duclair and a 1st for him. Klein is attractive to teams cause at 2.9 with term hes locked up for a couple of years and isnt going anywhere if traded for. I want to belive Mcilrath is going to take that next step but its a crap shoot with this kid.

10. kreidertime

You people are lost and you overrate Yandle so badly it's mind boggling. A few GM's love Yandle. A lot don't and think he's a turnover machine. He also is a UFA next year who will get huge money. Klein has a great contract. You continue to dismiss the fact that he's worth more because he's right handed. Again, try doing some research. See how much more right handed defenseman get paid than left handed defenseman. You will be stunned. It's a significant difference.

Just because Sather offered up a boat load for Yandle doesn't mean other teams will. L.A. would be the best case scenario for Yandle because Lombardi is a fan.

11. chuckd3534

chuckd3534 Well-Known Member

With all due respect dump, do you not see how crazy you sound? YOU...yes YOU DUMP called Yandle a difference maker THREE months ago when you LIKED the trade Sather made to get him. He is a yearly 50 + point dman, I think the only dman to do that the last 4 seasons.

Now all the people in here are lost and overrate Yandle and Klein is worth more?

Come on man...either you were 100% wrong 3 months ago OR you now are way too down on him because we lost game 7 of the ECF. Has to be one or the other.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2015
  12. Ranger71

Ranger71 Well-Known Member

The sooner some of you come to the harsh realization that McIlrath will be a career AHL'er the better. Mat Bodie has a better shot of seeing time at MSG than that guy does.

13. kreidertime

Spare me. Most people in the organization felt he was 18 months behind because of the two injuries they have. The organization was raving about his play in the playoffs.

14. BigDaddyAl1973

BigDaddyAl1973 Well-Known Member

Accountant
    don't you think the organization is going to rave about the pending free agent? If memory serves me correct the Rangers cant send him to Hartford without exposing him to waivers in which they get nothing for the former first rounder.