Official Oregon vs LSU Thread

Discussion in 'Oregon Ducks' started by Wheels, Aug 30, 2011.

1. Natebishop3

Natebishop3 Don't tread on me!

We hung in there, but it's obvious that our size is beginning to show.

2. Natebishop3

Oh well. We can still win the PAC 12 but the natty is gone. Hopefully our RBs will be healthy for next week. Sad fact, we are not good enough to beat the SEC.

3. Klinky

Klinky Seal Of Approval

#3 losing to the #4 isn't the end of the world, the season is young, there could still be upsets in the future.

4. chris_in_pdx

chris_in_pdx OLD SCHOOL

Why is there such a penchent in Portland (and the Northwest) to tolerate mediocrity in sports teams? It happens with the Blazers, it happens with the Seahawks, it happens with the Mariners, and I'm afraid it's going to happen with the Timbers.. I aspire to be a fan of a team that EXPECTS TO WIN no matter who they play. Yes, a Laker fan. A Yankee fan. Dammit, I want to know what it feels like to be entitled. I want to be able say "Shit, I wipe my ass with Pac-12 championships. It's Natty or Nothing". After the 30+ years of rooting for the goddamn teams around here and having to say year after year "Oh well, they gave it a good effort, better luck next year!" and watching some smug, selfish, entitled, fat-and-sassy fanbase celebrate yet another title victory. You are damn right I'm jealous. And I've tricked myself for a long time thinking that the eventual victory will be worth so much more to a fan like me because I'll savor that fucking win like 1977. But it's not going to come. I can't keep hoping and being let down. I'm sick of it. I want off this rollercoaster ride.

5. Natebishop3

It is natty or nothing for me, but unfortunately I just don't think we're big enough and strong enough to beat the SEC elite.

6. Sinobas

Sinobas Banned User BANNED

We haven't lost out on the national title yet. Maybe no other team will go undefeated, or only one other team will go undefeated. And the BCS also takes opponant into account. Losing on the road to the #4 team won't hurt as much as losing to Sacremento St.

7. julius

julius Global Moderator Staff Member Global Moderator

singer songwriter
    Keep telling yourself that.

8. Wheels

Wheels Is That A Challenge?!?!1! Staff Member Global Moderator

was able to finally finish the game. Lol'ing a little at the over-analyzing of the game. 4 Turnovers, 20 points off turnovers, lost by 13. This team looks better than they did in the opener against BSU, and that team went to the Rose Bowl. I like our chances this year as well. DeAnthony aside from the fumbles (which will be fixed) is scary with the ball, and he has only been in the system, what 2 or 3 months?

9. Wheels

while I dont think it happens. But its more feasible this year with a Conference Championship game.

10. Wheels

later

11. Wheels

PS..... wtf is a leg sweep???

12. The Sebastian Express

The Sebastian Express Snarflepumpkin

It is feasible with a championship game definitely, but I'd bet dollars the computers and human voters for the poll would favor a Big Ten team with a one loss over any pac-12 champion with one loss, sadly. Or Big 12 (9) if it is Oklahoma or Texas, sadly. But really, my question from before was genuine, what is with the neon green? (I really like the uniforms, just baffled over neon green).

(don't worry next year we'll bust out neon orange and blind everyone)

13. Wheels

yeah not sure about the neon either. I would have loved those unis a lot more with just Yellow.

14. Natebishop3

It's really too bad about the two fumbles because DAT was easily the biggest positive of the game. He had bust off the best run of the night for us and he just didn't hang onto the ball. I just hope it doesn't stick with him. The guy reminds me of LMJ when he first played in the Boise State game two years ago.

15. Sinobas

Sinobas Banned User BANNED

The ducks won't win a big game with Derron Thomas as the QB. The option used to be a big part of the Ducks offense, but Thomas rarely scrambles. He's not near the scrambler that Masoli or Dennis Dixson were. And with our 2nd rate WRs, defenses just key in on the run and shut us down.

But still, we could have won this game if it were not for the turnovers. Most of LSU's points were gifts.

16. Natebishop3

Masoli wasn't a scrambler. He was a running back playing QB. Thomas is more of a passer, but it's disappointing that he doesn't use his wheels more.