Official our vets suck balls in the playoffs again

Discussion in 'New York Rangers' started by kreidertime, May 18, 2022.

1. BigDaddyAl1973

BigDaddyAl1973 Well-Known Member

Accountant
    Not sure how you can tell if someone is happy here or not..but the issue still remains the same..too many wingers, especially too many playing on the off wing...I would see what kappo gets as far as a legit center this off season.

2. Greyvtrayn

Greyvtrayn Well-Known Member

What do you consider to be an "enormous offer sheet"?

3. Ranger71

Ranger71 Well-Known Member

If they could get a mid-1st rounder and solid prospect or roster player for Kakko i would think about dealing him. Trouba's contract is going to start to affect things this offseason as 8m if it were even 5.5m would help us as the cap is only going up to 82.5.

4. kreidertime

kreidertime Well-Known Member

Drury has do with Lafreniere what he did with Shesterkin or we are fucked. I like Kakko a lot. His upside is huge and as I said, the Rangers have been incompetent with him. Injuries slowed him down agreed. However, the Rangers are clueless developing forwards. With goalies and defenseman they are elite. They are so top heavy with moronic NMC's contracts they are going to be fucked at some point.

5. NYR31

NYR31 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

We have about 1/3 of the cap tied up long term on Panarin, Zib and Kreider all with NMC or limited no trade clauses. What a cluster fuck that is.

Imagine having Lafreniere ready to put up 60-70 points next year. Nah, let's give him same amount of minutes as Rooney. That'll do wonders.

6. NYR Fan

NYR Fan Well-Known Member

Barring injury, Lafreniere will put up 60 points next season - book it now.

Ranger71 likes this.
  7. Messiah717

Messiah717 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Fire the coach. Trade everyone. Start over.

NYR Fan likes this.
  8. kreidertime

17 you’re being a dickhead. Closing your eyes and pretending that the organization is doing everything right all the time it’s pathetic. They’ve won one cup in the last 80+ years. Nobody said fire the coach but we are saying that they are seriously fucked with the cap. It’s a huge problem.

9. kreidertime

The Rangers are an enormous draw for players. There is very little reason to give out a NMC. Ever. If anything for only 2-3 years on a long term contract. The Devils didn't give out a NMC for Hughes or Hischer. They gave one to Hamilton for only half his contract. Zibanejad should have been told, you can have one for 2 or 3 years but go fuck yourself after that. I wouldn't have given him one at all. If he didn't want to sign, don't let the door hit you on the way out. Consider the appeal the Rangers have to players, the fact they have only one cup in over 80 years shows you they are incompetent.

10. Messiah717

It's truly amazing to me how people can forget what happened in one year with this organization. Management was shaken up, Drury took over and a new head coach was hired.

Nobody was sure what this season would bring but it ended as one of the best regular seasons in team history. They're currently in the second round of the playoffs with a big game two tonight.

Yet, this negativity is what you choose to dwell on every goddamn second you're on this board.

11. NYR31

he won’t come anywhere near that if his ice time is going to be on par with Kevin Rooney like it was this year. Panarin had 59 even strength points playing on the first line basically every game. Lafreniere isnt going to do that if he’s going to get 14min a game on the 3rd and 4th line.

12. NYR Fan

NYR Fan Well-Known Member

I'd put him down for the over on 60 points if healthy. I guess we'll see.

13. Messiah717

The kids are getting key time in the playoffs but suddenly in the future they will only play 14 minutes a night on the third line. I swear this is board trolling at this point.

BigDaddyAl1973 and NYR Fan like this.
  14. Ranger71

He will be on one of the top two lines next year as Strome will be gone and likely only one of Copp/Vatrano will be back.

NYR Fan likes this.
  15. Messiah717

BTW let me know how Hughes and all these other players from other teams playoff experince and development is coming along.

BigDaddyAl1973 and NYR Fan like this.
  16. kreidertime

History doesn’t lie so stop ignoring the facts. When you win one cup in 80+ years you’re fucking stupid.

17. kreidertime

I blame the vets in these playoffs not the coach one time. I actually said it wasn’t Gallant’s fault that the vets were playing so shitty. Where he made a mistake was relying on the vets all regular season instead of developing his two young studs on offense. Now most playoff games he’s relying on a bunch of 20 to 22-year-old kids who he hasn’t given much ice time that should tell you that he fucked up.

18. Messiah717

Ok, then go dig up Emile Francis and beat the shit out of him if it makes you feel better.

BigDaddyAl1973 likes this.
  19. Ranger71

Chytil has really done a nice job stepping up after a regular season where he didn't show a ton.

20. NYR31

lafreniere got 13:59 of ice time in the regular season. Rooney got 13:51. That is not trolling, that is stating a fact. One that should be troubling to people but somehow saying the #1 pick in the draft should get more ice time is controversial in Ranger world.
    So far in the playoffs he’s gotten an additional 45 seconds on average. Not great, but at least it’s going in the right direction.