Politics OFFICIAL: Republican debate on Fox Business Channel.

Discussion in 'Blazers OT Forum' started by magnifier661, Nov 10, 2015.

1. barfo

barfo triggered obsessive commie pinko Staff Member Global Moderator

I guess it's true what they all say: You and I are the same person.

barfo

magnifier661 likes this.
  2. magnifier661

magnifier661 B-A-N-A-N-A-S!

Cracking fools in the skull
    I think it just means we are nerds

3. magnifier661

I think Paul won the debate last night. Trump, Rubio, Cruz were the second tier. Carly, bush, and Carson was third. The biggest loser was Kasich.

4. Fez Hammersticks

Fez Hammersticks スーパーバッド Zero Cool

Phone Psychic
    Carly is a reptilian.

Dead eyes.

5. magnifier661

I love her quote where she met Putin, but not in a green room like Trump. First off, Trump said he got to know him by paying attention to Putin's interview and focusing more on what he said. Morning Joe had the clip where Carly was on TV explaining that she met Putin in a green room.

The reason why Carly will lose is because she's a fool and compulsive liar.

6. magnifier661

Did anyone notice tonight in the debate when fast-talking guy Rubio was talking about the importance of family and parenting to your children.

He said something to the effect that Nothing, not even being president, etc. was as important as being a parent, then he repeated himself again and he said, in summation" nothing, I mean nothing is as important as being president and taking care of your children.."

I laughed like hell because it was SUCH A FREUDIAN SLIP!!!! LOL. If you taped the debate or look at the transcript, watch or read that part again. You will see and hear it!!!

I was watching on DVR so I was so shocked I had to rewind a little a listen again to be sure, and there it was... He substituted, you need to put being a "president" before anything and he meant to say "parent".

This reminds me why I so much hate politicians because they are scripts written by their pollsters and advisors. They slip and it completely blows the entire point out of the water. And slips like this become so apparent because they don't make sense.

7. magnifier661

Here's the video where Carly admits she met Putin in the green room.

8. e_blazer

e_blazer Rip City Fan

Consultant
    Paul scored well with his fellow Libertarian-leaning 2%, but he's not going to get any traction with the main core of Republicans who want to see a stronger military. Rubio, to my mind, did the best, but he needs to learn to slow down his delivery a bit and emphasize his main points better. Cruz...yuck. He's a good debater, but I don't care for his far right views and he just comes across as oily. Bush was more animated and did much better, but I just don't know that he has enough of what it takes to get back into the game. Carly was impressive, but just a bit too over the top for my tastes. It feels to me like she's mainly angling for the VP slot. Trump didn't do anything to either gain supporters or lose what he has. Fans like Mags will continue to love him. People like me will continue to see him as a blowhard bully with no substance. Carson had a few good lines, but didn't do anything to impress me. Kasich was just annoying with his constant attempts to elbow into every conversation and say the same damned thing he's already said before.

magnifier661 likes this.
  9. magnifier661

I agree with this...

I know Paul won't get any traction, but he was the best on the debate stage. His answers were "off-cuff" and "knowledgeable" which leads me to believe he's the only guy on that stage that truly knows what he's talking about. Rubio is a script machine and was Paul's bitch when he had to defend himself by using his brain. I think Rubio did well last debate because Jeb is another "script candidate" and knew the line to say to shut him up. Jeb couldn't find back because he didn't have the script to respond.

Trump, Paul, Carson, Huckabee and Christie are the only candidates that speak from their mind. I would put Cruz there but he has a lot of memorized scripts too, but he uses some current interaction as well. He's kinda middle of the pack in that regard.

10. Denny Crane

Denny Crane It's not even loaded! Staff Member Administrator

Never lost a case
    I saw a news report today. They said the debate was more about substantive issues than the previous ones, so it was boring.

magnifier661 likes this.
  11. magnifier661

Did you watch it? I actually liked Paul the most. Well, other than the one I'm actually voting, my unbiased opinion is for Paul.

12. barfo

I thought Paul did very well and made good points. Kasich also made a good point (Trump's plans are irresponsible fantasies) but got hammered into the ground by Cruz on the bank bailout issue. Trump did fine. Cruz did fine, aside from his Rick Perry moment. Bush did much better than he has been, which isn't saying much. Carson continues to be a non-entity. Rubio had a little trouble delivering his memorized lines. I have a suspicion that he's swimming in the shallow end, intellectually. Fiorina is like a female Trump: state nonsense forcefully!

barfo

magnifier661 likes this.
  13. VanillaGorilla

VanillaGorilla Well-Known Member

Did anyone see Santorum freak out and yell really loudly about how he respects Democrats because "they fight" in the pre-debate debate? It was hilarious. He scared a few people into clapping.

magnifier661 likes this.
  14. barfo

Yes, that was a great moment, and very weird. Should make a good campaign commercial :)

barfo

15. MarAzul

MarAzul LongShip

Life is good!
    Yep, it stood out with me. I was a bit surprise no one said a thing about it. My thought was, it was a "motor mouth mistake" and no one cares! The media also is claiming Rubio won the interplay
    with Paul over Defense Spending and conservative budget balancing. I thought Paul was spot on while Rubio went into motor mouth bull shit mode.

magnifier661 likes this.
  16. magnifier661

http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2015/... wsj/washwire/feed (WSJ.com: Washington Wire)

Donald Trump, Marco Rubio Won GOP Debate, Poll Finds
    12:05 pm ET
    Nov 11, 2015
    [​IMG]
    2016 Republican presidential candidates Marco Rubio and Donald Trump, third and forth from left, respectively, were seen as the winners of the debate, according to an overnight survey.
    Daniel Acker/Bloomberg New
    Donald Trump and Marco Rubio won Tuesday’s night primetime Republican debate, according to an overnight poll of Internet users who watched the contest, but Mr. Trump came out as the favorite among Republicans and left the best impression about his ability to serve as president.

Some 24% of debate-viewers named Mr. Trump and 23% picked Mr. Rubio as the winner of the eight-candidate event, which was sponsored by the Wall Street Journal and Fox Business News. Ted Cruz and Ben Carson followed, with 13% declaring each to have won.

Mr. Trump’s lead in the Internet survey was larger among debate-watchers who said they’d vote in a Republican primary.

Among those GOP voters, Mr. Trump was declared the winner by 28%, with 23% naming Mr. Rubio. Mr. Cruz followed, with 16%, while Mr. Carson had 14%.

Other candidates were in single digits among GOP voters: Rand Paul and Carly Fiorina were named the winner by 7% of GOP debate-viewers, while Jeb Bush had 3% and John Kasich 2%.

The poll was conducted for the Journal by Google Consumer Surveys.The question asking which candidate won the debate was answered by 1,023 people who said they had watched the debate, including 708 who said they’d vote in a Republican primary. The survey displays questions to people who visit a set of online news, reference and entertainment websites and asks them to answer the questions in exchange for access to those sites. The margin of error varies by question but is less than plus or minus four percentage points for GOP voters and three percentage points for the full sample.

Democratic primary voters viewed the debate far differently than did Republicans.

Among Democrats, Mr. Rubio was judged the winner by the most survey respondents, followed by Messrs. Kasich, Paul and Trump.

Republican primary voters in the survey gave Mr. Trump top marks for a number of qualities. He came in first when respondents were asked which candidate was best able to handle the job of president, which candidate best understands the problems facing “people like you,’’ and who would be best able to improve the economy and keep the U.S. safe from terrorism.

Mr. Rubio came in second to Mr. Trump on those questions among GOP voters.

In conducting the poll, Google Consumer Surveys infers a respondent’s gender, age, and geographic location based on anonymous browsing history and other data. On mobile devices, people answer questions in exchange for credits for books, music, and apps, and answer demographic questions when first downloading the app. Using this data, Google Consumer Surveys builds a representative sample of thousands of respondents. (You can see more about the methodology here.)

17. magnifier661

Rubio reminds me of the kid that just came out of graduate school arguing with Paul (a seasoned, well rounded business man that has earned millions for the corporation he worked for). All Rubio was doing was spouting out bullshit plagiarism from articles and editorials, while Paul talked like he lived through it and had the first hand experience and knowledge.

18. MarAzul

MarAzul LongShip

Life is good!
    Ah yes! However, I gather your take and mine is not what most take. Dang, that is worrisome in what it will produce as the final result. I don't trust Rubio, he seems to lack any fixed principles. I like Paul, but the man lacks charisma, which does not bother me, but no way can he win.

magnifier661 likes this.
  19. barfo

What's really surprising is that I fully agree with both of you about who won that exchange, and it wasn't close.

barfo

magnifier661 and MarAzul like this.
  20. magnifier661

Honestly, if Trump wasn't running, I would vote for Paul. He is a true fiscal conservative.

I definitely agree he doesn't have the charisma to win an election, so the vote would only be a statement vote.

MarAzul likes this.