Official Rockets Draft Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets' started by TmacGarnett, Jan 2, 2006.

1. tinyballer

tinyballer JBB JustBBall Member

Toronto is not going to take Bargnani. They tried to stir up interest in him then tried to get other teams to love him so they would move up to get him. Then they tried it with morrison and that didn't work. Now they are deciding that they are going to draft who they've wanted right off the bat. They wanted a good Center who can run they got him Lamarcus ALdridge. Good Friends with bosh worksout with him everyday.
    The Draft looks like this
    1. Toronto-Lamarcus Aldridge
    2.Chicago-Tyrus Thomas
    3.Charlotte-Adam Morrison
    4.Portland TrailBlazers-Brandon Roy
    5.Atlanta-Sheldon Williams
    6.Minnesota-Randy Foye
    7.Boston-Rudy Gay
    8.Houston-Andrea Bargnani

2. Trip

Trip 2000000000000000000000000

Student
    <div class="quote_poster">Quoting tinyballer:</div><div class="quote_post">Toronto is not going to take Bargnani. They tried to stir up interest in him then tried to get other teams to love him so they would move up to get him. Then they tried it with morrison and that didn't work. Now they are deciding that they are going to draft who they've wanted right off the bat. They wanted a good Center who can run they got him Lamarcus ALdridge. Good Friends with bosh worksout with him everyday.
    The Draft looks like this
    1. Toronto-Lamarcus Aldridge
    2.Chicago-Tyrus Thomas
    3.Charlotte-Adam Morrison
    4.Portland TrailBlazers-Brandon Roy
    5.Atlanta-Sheldon Williams
    6.Minnesota-Randy Foye
    7.Boston-Rudy Gay
    8.Houston-Andrea Bargnani</div>
    And just because Toronto doesn't want Bargnani (give me a link to prove this, there's been no indication the Raptors won't take him), he'll fall all the way to number eight? With Portland wanting to trade Zach Randolph, they could take Bargnani if available. Just don't see him dropping to number eight. You might want him but that alone isn't going to be enough for him to drop that much.

3. tinyballer

Yah but i read on hoophype that Nate McMillian has fallen deeply in love with Morrison and Roy now if one of those character guys is avaliable i think they would take him. Atlanta has a guarentee to Sheldon Williams. Minneosta reportedly has Randy Foye #1 on their draft boards. Boston would be the one possible to draft him or gay because they might want rudy gay because he would have great future beside green. Or Bargnani beside Jefferson.
    He can't be drafted by Charlotte because they have Okafor and May and the four and five. Chicago has guarentee to Tyrus Thomas. ALdridge is good friends with Bosh. Why is bosh so wanting to sign the extension now after making people seem like he isn't going to sign an extension?? Could it be because they told him they are going to draft his friend? Toronto also has said they arn't dafting guard so that knocks out a few candidates. Toronto also does not need Andrea Bargnani because they have CV3. So if we don't draft him and Take brewer or Carney then he continues to fall mostlikely to the 10-12 range where seattle, orlando and new orleans all have shots to take him. As for link read the old stuff on hoophype from the past 10 days and you can see the pattern.

4. tinyballer

5. TmacGarnett

TmacGarnett JBB JustBBall Member

Bargani Will not Fall to us. The only players that have a chance to fall to us are:

Rudy Gay
    Brandon Roy
    Marcus Williams

6. AznxBaller

AznxBaller JBB Back...

7. tinyballer

right now it looks like Bargnani and Gay has a chance to fall to us pending that there is no trade. Roy has major interest from Charlotte and Portland and is going to go to one or another. Bargnani isn't drawing as much interest because they also remmeber he reminds them of the great bust Darko and Skita.

8. TmacGarnett

As for Gay, I'm worried about Charlotte and Minnesota.

For Bargani, Toronto, Portland, Celtics, and Minnesota

9. tinyballer

OK my bad Bargnani ain't going to fall to us. Because now we find out there was no guarentees from Chicago or Atlanta and that is all up in the air. I think we should trade up to get hi and buy the 10th pick for brewer but thats just my opinion.

10. TmacGarnett

Tyrus didn't get a gaurantee???????

I like the Idea of Trading up to get Brewer and Bargani, but I'm a die hard Rudy Gay fan for this draft.

Imagine this line up as compared the one with Bargani.

TmacGarnett:

PG: Alston/ Vspan/Sura
    SG: Gay/ Head
    SF: Tmac/ Brewer/Rybo
    PF: Stromile/ jwan/ chuck hayes
    C: Yao ming/ deke

I like this because it gives us extreme versatility in the back court with brewer playing any of the 1-3. Gay can also play the 2 gaurd and the 3.

Tinyballer:

pg: Alston/Vspan/ Sura
    Sg: Brewer/ head
    SF: Tmac/ rybo
    PF: Stromile/ Bargani/ juwan/chuck hayes
    C: Yao Ming / deke

This line up would only work if Stro was back up C which wouldn't be to good. It doesn't give us alot of depth in back court either, BUT is a very impressive Starting line up.

11. tinyballer

You know brewer is going to be there at the 10 because people are too damn scared of that arm. I would like us to buy the 10th pick from seattle and trade up with out two picks for bargnani

12. Trip

Trip 2000000000000000000000000

Student
    <div class="quote_poster">Quoting tinyballer:</div><div class="quote_post">You know brewer is going to be there at the 10 because people are too damn scared of that arm. I would like us to buy the 10th pick from seattle and trade up with out two picks for bargnani</div>
    I still don't get this "buying a pick thing". You don't normally see that happen until the second round. I'd be pretty confident on making a sig bet that there won't be a "sale" of Seattle's pick. If it were possible, New York would have it by now.

13. Courtking

Courtking Courtking

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Locke:</div><div class="quote_post">I still don't get this "buying a pick thing". You don't normally see that happen until the second round. I'd be pretty confident on making a sig bet that there won't be a "sale" of Seattle's pick. If it were possible, New York would have it by now.</div>

Yes it usually only happens in the second round. Seattle would get mocked if they sold the #10 pick in the draft to a team. Probably would be considered the cheapest team ever...

14. tinyballer

Remember last year or the year before Jerry West offered the pick for Hakin Warrick for 2.5-3mil and there were no takers? In an article it says they are willing to sell it. They are majorly cash strapped and don't want to give out another contract thats 3mil. So right now its sorta a pipe dream but it could happen.

15. TmacGarnett

Basically teams do it to get money to pay players if a team isn't profiting. Seattle did not have a good season and I can see them asking for money. They need a big guy that can do some damage down low. Aldridge, bargani, Thomas, Bryant, and Shelden have a high chance of not being there at pick 10except maybe Shelden. No use for the pick.

16. TmacGarnett

With Recent trade talk and the Chicago denying giving Tyrus his top 3 gaurantee, the draft keeps changing.

The following are rumors that I will make the draft with:
    1) Toronto trades Alvin Williams + #1 pick
    FOR
    Charlotte's Brevin Knight and #3 pick

EFFECT: Toronto still probably gets Bargani, but Charlotte gets Lamarcus Aldridge which will leave CHicago with Brandon Roy because they like him.

2) Minnesota has Randy Foye #1 on their big board.

3) Atlanta has not denied gauranteeing SHelden #5, but I doubt they take him

4) Rajon Rondo Is supposedly on the top of the Celtics big board.

Mock draft through 10
    Charlotte- Lamarcus Aldridge
    Chicago- Brandon Roy
    Toronto- Andrea Bargani
    Portland- Adam Morrison
    Atlanta- Marcus Williams
    Minnesota- Randy Foye
    Celtics- Tyrus Thomas or Rajon Rondo
    Houston- Rudy Gay

I would love to get Rudy Gay, but with these rumors it seems more and more likely that he will drop to us, but only time can tell.

17. umair

umair "Never underestimate the heart of a champion."

I hope ^^^.. 6 more days till draft day.. Rockets really dont have an interest in anyone.. It could all be a surprise. U never know who can slip down or slip up. This year anyone can be a Rocket. but the only problem is that, we better get a good athletic versatile sg/sf.

18. Johnny33

Johnny33 JBB JustBBall Member

It's been reported :

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">In a draft world where all NBA agents are much more concerned with the second and more substantial contract their client will receive rather than the first rookie deal, the sentiment is that it’s often better to slip a few spots down in the draft and land in the right situation rather than attempt to be drafted as high as possible.

Evidence of this is in the fact that Brandon Roy is scheduled to work out on Saturday with the Houston Rockets, which confirms that Roy did not pull out of the Charlotte workout because of a promise from another team. The Rockets by the way are rumored to be in discussions with the Minnesota Timberwolves about swapping their first round picks (#8+Luther Head for #6) if Roy is on the board, with Minnesota dropping down two spots to nab Randy Foye.</div>

source: http://draftexpress.com/viewarticle.php?a=1363

19. Courtking

Courtking Courtking

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting TmacGarnett:</div><div class="quote_post">With Recent trade talk and the Chicago denying giving Tyrus his top 3 gaurantee, the draft keeps changing.

The following are rumors that I will make the draft with:
    1) Toronto trades Alvin Williams + #1 pick
    FOR
    Charlotte's Brevin Knight and #3 pick

EFFECT: Toronto still probably gets Bargani, but Charlotte gets Lamarcus Aldridge which will leave CHicago with Brandon Roy because they like him.</div>

Please, I honestly would like to hear one reason why Charlotte would pick LaMarcus Aldridge at number one. They already have their front-court set with Sean May and Emeka Okafor so a pick like Rudy Gay or Adam Morrison would make so much more sense if they trade for #1.

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Remember last year or the year before Jerry West offered the pick for Hakin Warrick for 2.5-3mil and there were no takers? In an article it says they are willing to sell it. They are majorly cash strapped and don't want to give out another contract thats 3mil. So right now its sorta a pipe dream but it could happen.</div>

Okay but Hakim was, what, the 20th pick? This is a top ten pick we're talking about here. What the Sonics are basically saying are we are content with not making the playoffs.

20. moeinhouston

moeinhouston JBB JustBBall Member

over or under
    2 teams in top 8 move up down or out

I'd say over
    I think at least 3 teams will switch or trade out of the top 8