Official Rockets Trade Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets' started by Sniper, Dec 2, 2005.

1. Proz4k

Proz4k JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Sniper:</div><div class="quote_post">
    Stromile Swift (Houston)
    Rafer Alston (Houston)

for

Al Harrington (Atlanta)

--------------------------------------------

David Wesley (Houston)

for

Kareem Rush (Charlotte)

--------------------------------------------
    </div>

I like the first trade, it's give us more scoring, rebounding, but my lineup is:
    Head
    T-mac
    Al Harrington
    Howard
    Yao

Less pressure on T-mac and more back-court fire for the Team.

With the second trade i totally don't agreed- you traded PG in the Harrington trade, do you gonna trade another PG ?

Maybe this trade will work:

-----------------------

S.Swift
    R.Alston
    D.Wesley

FOR

A.Harrington
    T.Lue
    Z.Pachulia

-----------------------

Why for HOU-
    Less pressure on T-mac and more back-court fire for the Team, a first-pass PG in Lue. get rid of Alston and Wesley.

Why for ATL-
    A natural PG in Rafer Alston, JJ to play the SG, more experience in the ATL's Young roster, more talent in Stromile Swift, he gives them the PF position.

However, to Trade Stro and Lue it's have to be after the 15th in Dec.

2. ClutchCity

ClutchCity JBB JustBBall Member

More insider info says changes coming very soon.

I really like the fisher and murphy trade. The warriors have been trying to shop them, ony question is if they still are.

^^the hawks wont trade ZaZa, i doubt we will bring back Lou, he cant play in our system and not worthy of starting at pg.

3. Run BJM

Run BJM Heavy lies the crown. Staff Member Global Moderator

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting ClutchCity:</div><div class="quote_post">More insider info says changes coming very soon.

I really like the fisher and murphy trade. The warriors have been trying to shop them, ony question is if they still are.

^^the hawks wont trade ZaZa, i doubt we will bring back Lou, he cant play in our system and not worthy of starting at pg.</div>
    I'm going to post it on the GSW board right now. Feel free to drop by and see what the other Warrior fans think of it.

4. TmacGarnett

TmacGarnett JBB JustBBall Member

These trades are hard to believe because the players we are trading aren't doing what they should be doing and the players were getting are doing great.

I propose we trade for Gerald Green. He will backup Tmac and is young enough so we can mold him into something good. He has so much potential and was considered the top 5 in the draft. Boston doesn't use him. Houston can. He would be a great addition to the team. Move Tmac to SG and put Green as a 3. I don't care, but his play in the summer leagues has sold me on this guy. He Hustles,, dunk like no other, drive, but needs help on shooting. I say take a risk. This might be what we needed. What do we have to lose?

5. ClutchCity

^Rockets even tried to get him in the draft, but he is a rookie, i dont know what Boston would want for him.

Houston gets
    andre miller

Denver gets
    Stro
    Wesley/DA

Works cap wise

What about Bonzi Wells, i dont know what Sacto is looking for at the moment though, all i know is that they suck.

6. tr@cy&ya0

tr@cy&ya0 JBB JustBBall Member

man this is stinks.... if it wasn't for stro we might have gotten damon... look how good hes doing... and we wouldn't have traded for alston eigher...if it wasn;t for stro..... *sigh*
    our lineup if it wasn't for stro

damon/mike james/head > alston/head
    wesley/anderson/barry = wesley/anderson/barry
    t-mac/bowen = t-mac
    howard/baxter > howard/swift/baxter
    yao/mutombo = yao/mutombo

all harrington would be great fit..
    i don't think bonzi would do ...
    if we can get zaza.. THAT WOULD BE GREAT... since we need a center when mutombo is gone

7. ClutchCity

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting tr@cy&ya0:</div><div class="quote_post">man this is stinks.... if it wasn't for stro we might have gotten damon... look how good hes doing... and we wouldn't have traded for alston eigher...if it wasn;t for stro..... *sigh*
    our lineup if it wasn't for stro

damon/mike james/head > alston/head
    wesley/anderson/barry = wesley/anderson/barry
    t-mac/bowen = t-mac
    howard/baxter > howard/swift/baxter
    yao/mutombo = yao/mutombo

all harrington would be great fit..
    i don't think bonzi would do ...
    if we can get zaza.. THAT WOULD BE GREAT... since we need a center when mutombo is gone</div>

The biggest concern heading into this season last year was the PF spot. Howard and Baxter would have been a terrible rotation.

8. AznxBaller

AznxBaller JBB Back...

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">
    howard/baxter > howard/swift/baxter</div>
    Am I missing something? Swift hasn't been doing that bad has he? He's been providing nice offense just not enough rebounding for the team. Everyone just expected way too much from him. I for one am content with his points, its just he needs to get better positioning for getting rebounds. Seriously, I doubt you have seen Baxter play a single season game so I don't think you can actually make a fair accessment of whether or not Baxter is better than Swift. If he is, he would obviously be the one getting bigger contract offers than Swift and not working his way up through training camp.

9. igotask8board

igotask8board Active Member

S. Swift
    Derek Anderson
    (maybe even Wesley)

for

L. Odom
    A. McKie

10. Trip

Trip 2000000000000000000000000

Student
    Lakers picked McKie over Anderson during the offseason, and I doubt that they'd want to offload him now. Although Odom isn't doing well in the triangle, he could probably get much more than Stromile Swift. All in all, I find that trade too lopsided, and McKie is a bit too washed up IMO to be the savior at point guard.

11. Johnny33

Johnny33 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting igotask8board:</div><div class="quote_post">S. Swift
    Derek Anderson
    (maybe even Wesley)

for

L. Odom
    A. McKie</div>

lol there's no way that would happen...

12. igotask8board

igotask8board Active Member

Howard
    Wesley
    Second Round Pick (maybe even first)

for

L Odom

I really want Odom because we NEED a SF that can grab boards. He can also be our 3rd scoring option.

Wesley and Howard can make the Lakers a better team in my eyes. Odom just doesn't seem to fit there with Kobe.

Odom will bring much needed height to our SF position, allowing T-Mac to play as out SG.

Our line up would look like this:

C-Yao/Deke/Swift
    PF-Swift/Odom/Bowen/Baxter
    SF-Odom/T-Mac/Bowen
    SG-T-Mac/Anderson/Barry/Head
    PG-Alston/Head/Norris

What does anyone else think about acquiring Odom? Anyone know what a good trade will be benefiting both teams (excluding the All-Stars)?

13. Trip

Student
    I'm not a big fan of Odom. He has a history of poor work ethic and according to those who have watched him with the Lakers; he is a bit too passive and tends to hide behind the shadow of Kobe. With Swift who has also been knocked on for doing the same thing, chances of Odom succeeding or meshing well with Van Gundy don't look too good. Besides, we don't need much height at small forward. TMac is already 6-9 and Odom is 6-10.

If the Lakers do trade Odom, it will be for expiring contracts or for an impact player. Howard, with his large and long contract, is neither. Wesley is an expiring contract, but I think Odom can fetch players much better than what we can offer.

14. Adrenaline

Adrenaline JBB JustBBall Member

Sorry, I rather see Swift here in Houston than, Juwan Howard.

Alston Stays.

Rockets Trade:
    David Wesley
    Jon Barry
    Moochie Norris.

15. AznxBaller

AznxBaller JBB Back...

Why not just something like Swift and Wesley for Harrington and Lue? Atlanta would like an expiring contract with Wesley to get cap space for the offseason in exchange for Harrington's and Swift would add some much needed depth at the center position for them since they have Edwards backing Pachulia up. Swifts young and could actually be a nice complementary piece for their young squad. We need Lue because it would give us some insurance in case Sura's out for the entire season which is actually quite possible.

16. tr@cy&ya0

tr@cy&ya0 JBB JustBBall Member

i don't think lue is the person we need for a point guard....

17. AznxBaller

AznxBaller JBB Back...

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">i don't think lue is the person we need for a point guard....</div>
    Its an upgrade over whoever's playing backup right now, which is basically no one.

18. Trip

Student
    Lue wasn't too impressive last year with us, and I would rather see us bring in someone like Milt Palacio or Keith McLeod of Utah. With Deron Williams looking to be a lock at starting at PG, one of these two will probably want out soon.

Maybe we can bring Andre Barrett back too. Saw him play in the NBDL on Raptors TV the other day and he looked great. Making good passes, running faster than anyone out there, and penetrating to the hoop at ease.

19. Iguodala

Iguodala JBB JustBBall Member

Juwan Howard For Kenny Thomas

i think thomas would be an excellent fit.. he did alot of great things for the sixers

20. Richy-Rich

Richy-Rich JBB JustBBall Member

Kenny started his career in Houston and was one of my favorite Rockets while he was here, but that trade would never be accepted. They need Thomas and already have a Howard-type player in SAR so it wouldn't make sense.