Official Rockets Trade Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets' started by Sniper, Dec 2, 2005.

1. Trip

Trip 2000000000000000000000000

Student
    Richardson is a good rebounder, has a post game and is a capable defender, however, in Phoenix, he seemed to become a stationary three-point shooter. Granted he made a NBA-high in threes last year, but he also attempted a crazy amount. Streaky shooter who can hurt us when he's not on, and I think his contract is a major turn-off for any team.

2. AznxBaller

AznxBaller JBB Back...

I actually like Richardson. He can be a legitamite third option for us with his post up game (really worked on the Clippers), he's an okay defender, can rebound the ball, and can light it up from beyond the arc. Sadly, his contract is way too big and with the pieces we have, is going to be hard to get him down here.

3. Trip

Student
    Richardson's shot selection has always been heavily criticized, and rightfully so. He's never shot more than 40% in a starter role and he's shooting just 31% from three this year. Apparently, he's not afraid to take bad shots. With TMac already hoisting 3 ill-advised shots a game, can we afford Q's bad shots? Besides, I don't see anyone on the Rockets roster who can appeal to Isiah Thomas.

4. AznxBaller

AznxBaller JBB Back...

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Richardson's shot selection has always been heavily criticized, and rightfully so. He's never shot more than 40% in a starter role and he's shooting just 31% from three this year. Apparently, he's not afraid to take bad shots. With TMac already hoisting 3 ill-advised shots a game, can we afford Q's bad shots? Besides, I don't see anyone on the Rockets roster who can appeal to Isiah Thomas.</div>
    With the Isiah Thomas argument aside, I think Richardson would benefit greatly from playing alongside McGrady. With McGrady getting doubled and at times tripled during games, Richardson would be getting open shots. I'm all for Richardson hoisting up those shots since they can't really be considered ill advised since he's open. Perhaps Van Gundy's system could calm his shot selection down a bit? He's getting inconsistent minutes in New York but because of our guard depletion, perhaps he'll be of some help over here.

5. tr@cy&ya0

tr@cy&ya0 JBB JustBBall Member

richardson would be good...but phonexie signed him a big contract.. thats hes not worth... hes the type of player we need... an ok defender. shoots 3 well.. but its just his contract... i think kyle krover would be great.. but i doubt sixers would trade him... hes a great 3 point shooter and now he drives to the hoop.. i don't know aobut his defense though...

6. AznxBaller

AznxBaller JBB Back...

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">richardson would be good...but phonexie signed him a big contract.. thats hes not worth... hes the type of player we need... an ok defender. shoots 3 well.. but its just his contract... i think kyle krover would be great.. but i doubt sixers would trade him... hes a great 3 point shooter and now he drives to the hoop.. i don't know aobut his defense though...</div>
    Kyle Korver is most definitely someone that would help this team. However, there's no doubt in my mind that Philadelphia won't trade him. They signed him to a long term contract indicating he's in their plans for the future in their youth movement. As a 76ers fan I can say this about Korver. He's a pretty hard worker, is money from three range (although streaky at times), has improved his rebounding, he's an okay defender (not fast enough to guard the better forwards), and has added some driving and midrange shots to his offensive arsenal.

7. Trip

Student
    <div class="quote_poster">Quoting AznxBaller:</div><div class="quote_post">With the Isiah Thomas argument aside, I think Richardson would benefit greatly from playing alongside McGrady. With McGrady getting doubled and at times tripled during games, Richardson would be getting open shots. I'm all for Richardson hoisting up those shots since they can't really be considered ill advised since he's open. Perhaps Van Gundy's system could calm his shot selection down a bit? He's getting inconsistent minutes in New York but because of our guard depletion, perhaps he'll be of some help over here.</div>
    Under Larry Brown, Quentin Richardson is shooting the worst percentages of his career. Granted, his minutes have been inconsistent and he has yet to find a niche on the team, but I doubt Van Gundy would do any better a job than Larry Brown.

8. Johnny33

Johnny33 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Locke:</div><div class="quote_post">Richardson is a good rebounder, has a post game and is a capable defender, however, in Phoenix, he seemed to become a stationary three-point shooter. Granted he made a NBA-high in threes last year, but he also attempted a crazy amount. Streaky shooter who can hurt us when he's not on, and I think his contract is a major turn-off for any team.</div>

the contract... and hes injury-prone

9. moeinhouston

moeinhouston JBB JustBBall Member

What about Ruben Patterson from Portland.
    Good defender and another wing, which is needed.

He can post up, run the floor, is a bit crazy but can provide some toughness and is another athlete. Could be a starter alongside TMac

10. TmacGarnett

TmacGarnett JBB JustBBall Member

He is old, we are trying to make ourselves younger.

11. Proz4k

Proz4k JBB JustBBall Member

Maybe we don't need trades at all, who's gonna take our sitout players??? teams want the healty ones...

We built very very good this year, i think 10% far from a perfect roster... so if we are healty- we are one of the top teams in the west, trades can not fix injuries.

12. tr@cy&ya0

i don't know... we can't be thinking of next year cause jon and/or mutombo will retire and we have to sign another center.... and look for a sf that can shoot not like *cough* ryan *couigh*

13. Trip

Student
    We should look to trade Mutombo now, as we obviously aren't going anywhere this season and it doesn't look like Deke will still be with us when we are going somewhere anyways. Some teams who want to go deep in the playoffs could use a defensive center like Mutombo as a backup and could trade a second-round pick or a young bit player who could develop with the Rockets.

14. durvasa

durvasa JBB Rockets Fan

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Locke:</div><div class="quote_post">We should look to trade Mutombo now, as we obviously aren't going anywhere this season and it doesn't look like Deke will still be with us when we are going somewhere anyways. Some teams who want to go deep in the playoffs could use a defensive center like Mutombo as a backup and could trade a second-round pick or a young bit player who could develop with the Rockets.</div>

I can't imagine the Rockets organization going through with a deal like that. It might make basketball-sense, but he's too good a person for the Rockets to do that to him. Maybe if he's traded to a contending team (like San Antonio or Detroit) where he has a strong shot at a title.

If we could pry away Milicic from Detroit for some old-timers, that could end up being one of those high-risk/high-reward moves. His "strengths" actually fit our club pretty well, but who knows if he'll ever develop into a legitimate NBA player.

15. Proz4k

Proz4k JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Locke:</div><div class="quote_post">We should look to trade Mutombo now, as we obviously aren't going anywhere this season and it doesn't look like Deke will still be with us when we are going somewhere anyways. Some teams who want to go deep in the playoffs could use a defensive center like Mutombo as a backup and could trade a second-round pick or a young bit player who could develop with the Rockets.</div>

We blessed with a very strong Center position, with Yao and Mutombo, i think we are second after Miami Heat, if you break it, we will not gonna be so strong no metter who will we bring for Dike.

16. Rockets_1

Rockets_1 JBB JustBBall Member

Deke has sucked lately plus he's probably going to retire so I don't see why we shouldn't try to get something for him.

17. Trip

Student
    <div class="quote_poster">Quoting Proz4k:</div><div class="quote_post">We blessed with a very strong Center position, with Yao and Mutombo, i think we are second after Miami Heat, if you break it, we will not gonna be so strong no metter who will we bring for Dike.</div>
    But what's the point of having them now? The Rockets are obviously not going anywhere this season and Mutombo is very likely to retire this summer. We either risk losing him for nothing and he doesn't get to the playoffs in his last season, or we trade him and get something in return while he plays a meaningful role for a playoff team in his swansong. I think it's a win-win situation for both sides.

As for Milicic, I wouldn't mind it if we could get him for a few veterans, but I don't know if Dumars would want to give him up just yet. With Wallace's contract expiring, the Pistons might want to keep Darko around just in case. However, Jon Barry is a former Piston and had his best years in Detroit, so the Pistons might like him back. Other than that, I don't see any of our veterans appealing to Detroit, other than maybe David Wesley whose expiring contract can give the Pistons more room to try and re-sign Wallace.

18. tr@cy&ya0

darko i don't want to risk... lakers did it to kwame and loook wat happened.... we did it to swift... look how long it took him to be wat we wanted him too... too much risk... we need a center thats a offensive rebound master... and a good free thrower.. and can make a hook shot pretty decent... i think we should trade howard and mutombo for a decent center and a draft pick... right now howards trade value is pretty high.. he keeps scoring more that 20 points... i think we might as well trade him..

this year draft is good... but its not good for the team that much.. so this is going to be tough since lot of players are giong to be gone: wesly, barry,mutombo, moochie

19. Johnny33

Johnny33 JBB JustBBall Member

there would be no point for the Pistons to tinker with their lineup. They have the league's best record and don't really have any glaring needs.

20. durvasa

durvasa JBB Rockets Fan

Anyone know what happened to Kerry Kittles? He was a pretty good player a few years ago, and I think he'd fill our needs pretty well (SG with size who can defend and hit threes). I know he's injury-prone, though. Is he sitll hurt, or is he available?