Official Rockets Trade Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets' started by Sniper, Dec 2, 2005.

1. Trip

Trip 2000000000000000000000000

Student
    I would think he's retired or something. He was traded to the Clippers last summer but never played (I think), and no one signed him after he became a free agent last offseason. I'm not so sure about Kittles, and if we can get Derek Anderson back soon, there'd be no need for another swingman.

On the topic of former New Jersey guards, what happened to Lucious Harris? He's a good shooter and defender as well, and I've always liked him more than Kittles.

2. umair

umair "Never underestimate the heart of a champion."

? Nuggets' Earl Watson to Rockets for Stromile Swift.
    The free agent busts swap places. Watson hasn't found a place in Denver because there never was any place for him to begin with. And the Nuggets need some assistance in the frontcourt with Nene out for the season, Marcus Camby always fragile and Kenyon Martin playing through a handful of injuries.
    The Rockets could use support at both guard positions, but more importantly they need to get someone of value in return for Swift, who has been a huge disappointment.

[​IMG]
    Source: http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sport...ll/13792754.htm

3. TmacGarnett

TmacGarnett JBB JustBBall Member

Denver is unloading Kenyon Martin and there have been rumors of trading swift for earl watson. Denver might want to give earl and martin for swift + another player + draft pick.

I would love this trade because a front court with yao martin tmac would be nice.

4. superman32

superman32 JBB Banned Member

Swift to PHX for Kurt Thomas

5. Egyptian

Egyptian JBB JustBBall Member

I would be up for having K-Mart. He might be a little injury prone which is the last thing we need, but he has a HUGE upside. The other thing is that Martin needs to run to be really useful and we obviously play really slow. I think our biggest problem is we need to up the tempo a little bit and loosen up a bit on offense

6. Trip

Student
    <div class="quote_poster">Quoting TmacGarnett:</div><div class="quote_post">Denver is unloading Kenyon Martin and there have been rumors of trading swift for earl watson. Denver might want to give earl and martin for swift + another player + draft pick.

I would love this trade because a front court with yao martin tmac would be nice.</div>
    Martin's contract is too big, and once Yao's extension kicks in, we'd have three players getting max contracts, greatly limiting our cap freedom. Besides, the contracts won't match, no matter who else we threw in with Swift.

KMart also misses quite a lot of games. Forget about getting him, it's a pipe dream that'll never come true.

7. durvasa

durvasa JBB Rockets Fan

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Egyptian:</div><div class="quote_post">I would be up for having K-Mart. He might be a little injury prone which is the last thing we need, but he has a HUGE upside. The other thing is that Martin needs to run to be really useful and we obviously play really slow. I think our biggest problem is we need to up the tempo a little bit and loosen up a bit on offense</div>

Kenyon Martin might be my least favorite player in the league. He's a good defensive player, but he's not a good rebounder and he's an inefficient scorer. I don't think he has any upside at all. He peaked, playing with Kidd. The Rockets would be insane to take on his huge contract.

8. Johnny33

Johnny33 JBB JustBBall Member

swift and anderson to phoenix for james jones, jimmy jackson, maybe brian grant

swift gets to run up and down the court and catch lobs from steve nash - that is more his game imo. the 2 JJ's are great catch and shoot players and good defenders/rebounders... brian grant gives us size up front alongside Yao.

9. TmacGarnett

TmacGarnett JBB JustBBall Member

Jackson and Grant are sooooooo old. I would literally stop being a fac if this happened. This would be the dumbest deal the Rockets could ever ever do.

10. Trip

Student
    <div class="quote_poster">Quoting johnny33:</div><div class="quote_post">swift and anderson to phoenix for james jones, jimmy jackson, maybe brian grant

swift gets to run up and down the court and catch lobs from steve nash - that is more his game imo. the 2 JJ's are great catch and shoot players and good defenders/rebounders... brian grant gives us size up front alongside Yao.</div>
    The Suns certainly won't mind this deal. Steven Hunter, a lesser player than Swift, looked really good playing with Nash, and Swift would be better at center size-wise than Kurt Thomas. However, Jones doesn't really solve any problems, and getting older players at this stage won't really help us develop our young guys. The playoffs are a distant possibility and I doubt the Rockets will want to make a push for it.

11. umair

umair "Never underestimate the heart of a champion."

How bout Wesley and Swift for Francis...or Anderson and Swift for Eddie House and James Jones.. Swift wil be good for suns bcoz hes mainly a dunker and nash will get more asissts like that.... James Jones is a good shooter.. and eddie house can be a back up for alston.. remember jones is a small forward..

12. durvasa

durvasa JBB Rockets Fan

I think it would be cool if we can get Reggie Evans from Seattle. Bob Hill isn't giving him any playing time.

Man, with Evans and Hayes as our PFs our rebounding troubles would be over. Of course, Van Gundy would have to play them first, instead of giving Juwan Howard 30+ minutes a game.

13. Egyptian

Egyptian JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Umair15:</div><div class="quote_post">How bout Wesley and Swift for Francis...or Anderson and Swift for Eddie House and James Jones.. Swift wil be good for suns bcoz hes mainly a dunker and nash will get more asissts like that.... James Jones is a good shooter.. and eddie house can be a back up for alston.. remember jones is a small forward..</div>

I really like the idea of anderson and swiftfor jones and house...and both can definately hit the outside shot consistently. Only problem is then we have our PF problems again, and I'm not 100% sure I'm ready to give up on swift. I still think the biggest problem for him (and the rockets in general) is our offense being so stagnant.

14. moeinhouston

moeinhouston JBB JustBBall Member

Anybody ever heard of Desmon Farmer (6-5) in the dleague right now. If a Pick is gotten for DA and no other trade is made, I would like to see this guy get a 10day. He's a 2, and an upgrade from DA.

He is a strong defender, shoots the 3 well, can get his own shot, and will give the Rockets a little attitude they have sorely lacked. He is another combo guard but with DA going, and Mooch showing he is just, not horrible, I would like to see this guy given a chance.

Farmer's weakness is that his emotions can lead him to get out of control.

Rockets just need somebody to hit an open J.
    If Wesley didn't just have a good shooting game, I would be saying Farmer could have a real shot at making the team. Just my opinion. Anybody ever seen this guy play other than me. He used to play for USC.

15. Jerry West

Jerry West JBB JustBBall Member

I know they're not your words, but to say Earl Watson is a bust is just plain stupid.

He's been good this year, the only stupid thing he did was choose Denver.

As for Swift. I can't see anyone trading for him. He's soft, he's an underachiever, he's proven to be a problem this year (arriving late so often) and has shown he's not willing to take his chances.

16. AznxBaller

AznxBaller JBB Back...

Anyone here like Jason Hart? Showed glimpses of brilliance in his season at Charlotte but has been rotting on the bench in Sacramento since he's essentailly playing behind Mike Bibby. He's at the height of an ideal point guard at 6-3 so he can potentially swing over to shooting guard if we really needed him to. Plus, Hart has the quickness to guard the other point guards of the league. Whether or not he does this I don't know since I haven't watched too much Bobcats or Kings games. Also, he has pretty nice passing skills and definitely has the ability to score if needed. Nice backup at point after losing Norris since I really don't want to rely on Head for those duties.

Perhaps we can trade Derek Anderson for him?

17. Johnny33

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Locke:</div><div class="quote_post">The Suns certainly won't mind this deal. Steven Hunter, a lesser player than Swift, looked really good playing with Nash, and Swift would be better at center size-wise than Kurt Thomas. However, Jones doesn't really solve any problems, and getting older players at this stage won't really help us develop our young guys. The playoffs are a distant possibility and I doubt the Rockets will want to make a push for it.</div>

The idea would be to get rid of Swift's contract.. Straight up James Jones for Stromile would be a good trade, in my opinion. James Jones is a big SF who can shoot and defend - he would fit in well as T-Mac's backup. DA is a throw in who has already been hung out to dry by JVG. JJ hasn't played much but he knows JVG's system and I am pretty sure he can contribute. Brian Grant is a throw-in, he may be old but I feel he can be more productive than Stromile has been, and his contract expires at the end of the season.

18. Johnny33

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Egyptian:</div><div class="quote_post">I really like the idea of anderson and swiftfor jones and house...and both can definately hit the outside shot consistently. Only problem is then we have our PF problems again, and I'm not 100% sure I'm ready to give up on swift. I still think the biggest problem for him (and the rockets in general) is our offense being so stagnant.</div>

We just picked up Bogans who is the same kind of player as Eddie House - scorer off the bench. We'd have a glut of small SG's and a shortage of PF's. Even though he's had injury problems, if we could make it work, it would be nice to see KMart alongside Yao and TMac, but his salary and injury problems make it a tough proposition.

would this work?

Swift and Anderson and a draft pick to Nuggets, for Lenard and Nene..

19. tr@cy&ya0

tr@cy&ya0 JBB JustBBall Member

we could use our trade exception (good old moochie.[​IMG] ) with derek anderons and/or swift. i mean.. if we dont' use it, it would be a waste of 3-4 million dollars.[​IMG] i think reggie evan would be good, and we could trade swift, anderson and the trade exception to make the salary work, but i'm pretty sure jvg is gonig to ge the same old same old, and not start evans and start howard. i don't think there is any good sg out there that is in the trading market.. we should have gotten cuttino in the summer and forgot about anderson. if we don't make any trade.. the summer problem would be

1. need a back-up sf
    2. (this can only happen if wesly is not re-signed, and barry is gone, and sura splits minutes with rafer in pq) we need a starting sg
    3. a good rebounding pf, like reggie evens
    4. a back-up center ( i'm not sure about mutombo contract lenght)
    5. get younger and athletic, but no low basketball iq ppl (like swift)
    6. ppl that work hard and passionate (like steve)
    7. get a new coach (this could be an argue[​IMG] ) he is not useing yao right, and he is only geting "his tipe" of players [​IMG]
    8. bowne has to be gone [​IMG]

you might be thinking.. no pg problem? i have no problem with rafer if he doesn't split minutes with bob, then we have luther who is capable for 5-10 minutes... i don't mind bob and bogan combination that much for sg, its ok, not great, its ok. and for small foward... i'm tired of bowen.. seriously.. swift is too inconsitant and we don't need that AT ALL...[​IMG]

20. Proz4k

Proz4k JBB JustBBall Member