Official Rockets Trade Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets' started by Sniper, Dec 2, 2005.

1. Trip

Trip 2000000000000000000000000

Student
    <div class="quote_poster">Quoting Proz4k:</div><div class="quote_post">BIG TIME TRADE!!

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/trad...18~10~19~7~7~18

What do you guys say ?</div>
    It makes sense. The Magic get their expiring contract, the Nuggets get the shooting guard they want, Isiah Thomas gets Kenyon Martin, and the Rockets get Steve Francis.

Everyone's a winner in this trade IMO.

2. keviNdudE

keviNdudE JBB JustBBall Member

Only if that was to be true. But I don't see us trading Stromile, he is real good but he hasn't been triggereed yet.

3. igotask8board

igotask8board Active Member

4. tr@cy&ya0

tr@cy&ya0 JBB JustBBall Member

well, this year.. al harrington is not one of those big names before the deadline.. and plus u never hear any trade rumor about atlanta, so i don't think that has any chance of happening... we need a major trade, and seems like we forgot about anderson and our trade exception, which both can be handy...

5. Proz4k

Proz4k JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting igotask8board:</div><div class="quote_post">If we were to trade Stro show (I hope not) then this wouldn't be bad.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/trad...29&teams=10~1~1

Derek and Swift for Al Harrington.</div>

Well, i don't see why should atlanta make this trade... for the Rockets is perfect.

6. ronin

ronin JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Proz4k:</div><div class="quote_post">Well, i don't see why should atlanta make this trade... for the Rockets is perfect.</div>

coz harrington will be a free agent this summer, and atlanta would prefer to trade him for someone rather than releasing him for nothing..
    Eventhough i highly doubt that "someone" would be stromile swift..

7. AznxBaller

AznxBaller JBB Back...

Oh, and it doesn't make sense to rent Al Harrington for half of this season since he's most likely not resigning with us in the offseason. Its not like it'll give us that much of a push for playoffs, and even if we do get into playoffs, I doubt it would get us very far. I'd rather just do it the safe way and take the high draft pick.

8. tr@cy&ya0

players that has to go during this offseason or before trade deadline:

anderson
    bowen
    howard (some games, he shoots as much as yao)
    swift (getting injuries lately, being late to practice, etc.)
    bobby (injury prone, even though i love him,his 3 million dollar contract is alot)

players that might go:

wesly (expiring contract)
    mutombo
    barry

players we might go after:

lewis (seatle is trading him now)
    harrington
    a back up point guard
    cato (got waived by detroit)
    DRAFT PICKS
    sam cassel (said he wants to be in houston)
    nick van exel (also said last off season he wants to be in houston)
    earl watson

so basicaly, we only solved one problem from last off season, which was the big glut of guards.. still need a good pf, still need a back-up sf,

if we do get lewis and harrington somehow our rotation

rafer/???
    t-mac/bogans
    lewis/ ???
    harrington/???
    yao/mutombo

i think trading howard would be a great move, we could use a big trade that will get us reggie evans and lewis and we give them like howard, draft pick, wesly, trade exception, before deadline... something like that... than that would be a steal..

9. AznxBaller

AznxBaller JBB Back...

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">
    if we do get lewis and harrington somehow our rotation</div>
    Sigh, we can all dream. I think I'll pee my pants if that happened.

10. TmacGarnett

TmacGarnett JBB JustBBall Member

haha, Lewis and Harrington is literally impossible. I don't really want Sam or Van Exel because I want younger players. I want a Shooting gaurd. *Cough* Gerald Green.

11. JuLiO-R-

JuLiO-R- JBB The Same One

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting TmacGarnett:</div><div class="quote_post">haha, Lewis and Harrington is literally impossible. I don't really want Sam or Van Exel because I want younger players. I want a Shooting gaurd. *Cough* Gerald <font color=""SeaGreen"">Green</font>.</div>
    That's exactly who I want. This guy has so much upside, and if he plays behind T-Mac It'll only make him better. He's a Houston guy and It would be great to see him develope his game in Houston. But I don't see him coming to Houston anytime soon.

12. igotask8board

igotask8board Active Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting AznxBaller:</div><div class="quote_post">Sigh, we can all dream. I think I'll pee my pants if that happened.</div>

LOL, I think us Houston fans should be happy with 2 great All Stars, but sometimes it seems like 2 all stars and just mediocre players aren't enough. Harrington would be nice, but I don't think Houston is lucky enough to add Lewis to this lne up. If that ever happened, then the 07 title is practically ours.

I am glad we traded James for Rafer.

We have to make a run at the championship for 06-07. It looks like it could be the last year we could afford good players around T-Mac and Yao. Well maybe the 07-08 season as well.

http://www.hoopshype.com/salaries/houston.htm

13. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">The Rockets moved close to today's trade deadline without a deal, but at least five teams are considering acquiring guard/forward Derek Anderson.

The Rockets have tried to complete a deal to move Anderson to the Heat, Cavaliers, Lakers, Nuggets or Magic.

However, each team had other, greater priorities, making a deal with the Rockets unlikely until closer to today's 2 p.m. deadline.

The Rockets would like to add a backup point guard or draft picks for Anderson.

The Magic have an excess of point guards, though teams throughout the league have tried to acquire one of their backup guards.

"Everyone's aggressive right now to try to better their team," Rockets coach Jeff Van Gundy said. "I don't think there's one team that's not aggressively looking to better their team. Some general managers will tell you that. Usually the losing ones, like us ... you guys would think we were nuts if we said, 'You know what, we really like how it's going this year. This is good stuff right here, so we're going to stand pat and feel good.'</div>

<a href="http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/3679226.html" target="_blank">Anderson could be traded
    </a>

14. Egyptian

Egyptian JBB JustBBall Member

Hey I wouldn't be against a DA to the Cavs for Drew Gooden deal.....he can finish around the basket and rebound. and he's played with McGrady before...

15. tr@cy&ya0

u think cavs would say yes to that? i mean drew gooden for anderson is one heck of a lopsided trade. anyways, i still think rockets should do a major trade with seatle that will get us evans and lewis.. but we don't have anyone that interets them

16. AznxBaller

AznxBaller JBB Back...

Too late anyway, Anderson was traded for Gerald Fitch.

17. TmacGarnett

TmacGarnett JBB JustBBall Member

Gerald Green has expressed his opinion to the Boston Celtics by saying if he isn't getting any time and the team plans to trade him then they should try to get him back in his home town or state, but only if Boston doesn't feel like he will be on the court any time soon.