Official SportsTwo Mock Draft Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by Kid Chocolate, Jun 9, 2008.

1. BasX

BasX I Win

Dans la ville avec cette chute d'eau énorme
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CelticKing @ Jun 16 2008, 11:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Master Shake @ Jun 16 2008, 11:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Chalmers has never made a clutch shot in his life.</div>

We're going to develop him, and keep him for the future. [​IMG]
    </div>
    u guys win next year too if you get Chalmers, him and Rondo in the same back court is sick defense

2. o.iatlhawksfan

o.iatlhawksfan ROFLMFAO!!!!

I know I picked two players that aren't a huge need, but I picked two players that i know could come in and contribute. Pat Calathes is a smart player, that can do a little bit of everything. James Gist is an explosive player with good size and a good motor. he avaerage 8rebs and 2 blks a game last season.

3. Voodoo Child

Voodoo Child Can I Kick It?

So my first and only pick is coming up soon (#51 - Dallas), and I've narrowed down a list of my top eight remaining candidates so that when it arrives it'll just be a process of taking the highest ranked player off that list. Tell me what you guys think of this hierarchy, based on simply being the best player available and not being concerned with position, as the Mavericks have six roster spots to fill this summer, all of which are on the bench -

1 - Jamont Gordon
    2 - Nikola Pekovic
    3 - Semih Erden
    4 - Sonny Weems
    5 - J.R. Giddens
    6 - Luc Richard Mbah a Moute
    7 - Malik Hairston
    8 - Trent Plaisted

4. cpawfan

cpawfan Monsters do exist

I agree with Gordon as 1, but I would put Giddens at 2

5. Kid Chocolate

Kid Chocolate Suspended

LOL @ PAT CALATHES. SMART PLAYER LMAO!

6. Kid Chocolate

Kid Chocolate Suspended

Nothing like putting up your team's draft board before you pick.

7. Voodoo Child

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Kid Chocolate @ Jun 18 2008, 01:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Nothing like putting up your team's draft board before you pick.</div>

Who says it's not a smokescreen? [​IMG]

8. Chutney

Chutney MON-STRAWRRR!!1!

Didn't Mbah a Moute go back to UCLA?

9. Kid Chocolate

Kid Chocolate Suspended

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Chutney @ Jun 18 2008, 04:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Didn't Mbah a Moute go back to UCLA?</div>

Guy on SI reported that he was staying in.

10. ghoti

ghoti A PhD in Horribleness

KC sent me this PM on May 27th.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>I can only imagine what whackjob you are plotting to draft with the Spurs right now.

*pulls international player name out of a hat*

GORAN DRAGIC!</div>

I didn't want to do it, but that's the way the draft went!

[​IMG]

11. pegs

pegs My future wife.

Wow, Chase withdrew? What a bitch.

Hm. If I had to choose again, I'd probably choose Hibbert (because I hate Songaila that much).

Gimme a second to make my picks.

12. Kid Chocolate

Kid Chocolate Suspended

Tomic was already taken. Pay attention.

13. ghoti

ghoti A PhD in Horribleness

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Kid Chocolate @ Jun 18 2008, 05:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Tomic was already taken. Pay attention.</div>

pegs selects Tywon Lawson.

14. pegs

pegs My future wife.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Kid Chocolate @ Jun 18 2008, 05:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Tomic was already taken. Pay attention.</div>

Sorrrrrrrrrrrrrry typed in the wrong Eurostash name

15. Kid Chocolate

Kid Chocolate Suspended

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ghoti @ Jun 18 2008, 05:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>KC sent me this PM on May 27th.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>I can only imagine what whackjob you are plotting to draft with the Spurs right now.

*pulls international player name out of a hat*

GORAN DRAGIC!</div>

I didn't want to do it, but that's the way the draft went!

[​IMG]
    </div>

Too obvious.

16. Run BJM

Run BJM Heavy lies the crown. Staff Member Global Moderator

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Voodoo Child @ Jun 18 2008, 01:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>So my first and only pick is coming up soon (#51 - Dallas), and I've narrowed down a list of my top eight remaining candidates so that when it arrives it'll just be a process of taking the highest ranked player off that list. Tell me what you guys think of this hierarchy, based on simply being the best player available and not being concerned with position, as the Mavericks have six roster spots to fill this summer, all of which are on the bench -

1 - Jamont Gordon
    2 - Nikola Pekovic
    3 - Semih Erden
    4 - Sonny Weems
    5 - J.R. Giddens
    7 - Malik Hairston
    8 - Trent Plaisted</div>
    Not bad. I just picked Shan Foster and at 49 it was only between him and Nikola Pekovic. I went with Foster because it sounds like Pekovic will be in Europe for a few more years but you can't go wrong taking a 6'11 22 year old who averaged 16/7 playing against the best competition outside of the NBA. With a draft of Donte Greene and Shan Foster plus Belinelli last year the W's should be a lot more lethal taking all those godamn 3's all the time. I figure Shan Foster has the size to play a lot of 3 in GS at 6'6 with long arms.

And the Warriors are already putting Mike Green on speed dial so they can call him right after the draft to get him as a UFA.

17. Voodoo Child

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Run BJM @ Jun 18 2008, 06:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Voodoo Child @ Jun 18 2008, 01:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>So my first and only pick is coming up soon (#51 - Dallas), and I've narrowed down a list of my top eight remaining candidates so that when it arrives it'll just be a process of taking the highest ranked player off that list. Tell me what you guys think of this hierarchy, based on simply being the best player available and not being concerned with position, as the Mavericks have six roster spots to fill this summer, all of which are on the bench -

1 - Jamont Gordon
    2 - Nikola Pekovic
    3 - Semih Erden
    4 - Sonny Weems
    5 - J.R. Giddens
    7 - Malik Hairston
    8 - Trent Plaisted</div>
    Not bad. I just picked Shan Foster and at 49 it was only between him and Nikola Pekovic. I went with Foster because it sounds like Pekovic will be in Europe for a few more years but you can't go wrong taking a 6'11 22 year old who averaged 16/7 playing against the best competition outside of the NBA. With a draft of Donte Greene and Shan Foster plus Belinelli last year the W's should be a lot more lethal taking all those godamn 3's all the time. I figure Shan Foster has the size to play a lot of 3 in GS at 6'6 with long arms.

And the Warriors are already putting Mike Green on speed dial so they can call him right after the draft to get him as a UFA.
    </div>

I actually like the fact that Pekovic won't come over for a few years for the Mavericks. They really don't need anything that a second round player can provide, especially considering that most of the guys left at that point (Hairston, Crawford, Neitzel, etc.) aren't high reward types, and they don't provide any specific skillset that the Mavs are lacking.

It also helps you get a value pick. It seems like the consensus is that Pekovic is a first round talent but, as Chad Ford has been speculating, he won't come to the states for a late first round pick salary, so teams wanting to draft him in the #15-30 range are going to pass on him not wanting to throw away a pick in a Fran Vasquez situation.

From everything I've seen and read, it seems like he'd be a great pickup at #40 if he can come in two years from now and play the Luis Scola role for the Mavericks.

18. Kid Chocolate

Kid Chocolate Suspended

I doubt Pekovic comes over ever.

19. pegs

pegs My future wife.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Kid Chocolate @ Jun 18 2008, 07:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I doubt Pekovic comes over ever.</div>

That's why I didn't pick him...

20. Run BJM

Run BJM Heavy lies the crown. Staff Member Global Moderator

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Kid Chocolate @ Jun 18 2008, 06:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I doubt Pekovic comes over ever.</div>
    I dunno, Scola averaged 15.5 ppg and 5.9 rpg for Tau Ceramica the year before he came over. This guys averaging 16.4 and 6.9 for Partizan Belgrade and hes 22 years old plus taller than Scola. I'd say he probably does pull a Scola/Oberto and come over later on in his career assuming he continues to play well and get better.