Official SportsTwo Mock Draft Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by Kid Chocolate, Jun 9, 2008.

1. NattaNerNuttaMan

NattaNerNuttaMan NattaNerNutta like Spike

Military
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (gambitnut @ Jun 17 2008, 01:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (NattaNerNuttaMan @ Jun 16 2008, 10:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (tim @ Jun 16 2008, 01:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I thought you were a real Wolves fan! I was going to take him at 31! lol Good pick though.</div>

I know, I know....but I had to put sentiment aside and do what Memphis would do. And I don't think they could've passed up on the thought of gettting both Lopez bros. to play side by side. I see the other guy I was thinking about taking slid all the way to you at #34 (Spieghts)...that would be crazy if Minnesota really got him to help Big Al inside.
    </div>

If that happens, Memphis must find a way to get Jarron Collins.
    </div>

lol...I know your not comparing the Collin's bros....to the Lopez bros.?...lol...besides...Robin is a steal at #28...it just happened to work out that way

2. gambitnut

gambitnut Freek

computer build instructor
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (NattaNerNuttaMan @ Jun 16 2008, 10:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (gambitnut @ Jun 17 2008, 01:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (NattaNerNuttaMan @ Jun 16 2008, 10:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (tim @ Jun 16 2008, 01:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I thought you were a real Wolves fan! I was going to take him at 31! lol Good pick though.</div>

I know, I know....but I had to put sentiment aside and do what Memphis would do. And I don't think they could've passed up on the thought of gettting both Lopez bros. to play side by side. I see the other guy I was thinking about taking slid all the way to you at #34 (Spieghts)...that would be crazy if Minnesota really got him to help Big Al inside.
    </div>

If that happens, Memphis must find a way to get Jarron Collins.
    </div>

lol...I know your not comparing the Collin's bros....to the Lopez bros.?...lol...besides...Robin is a steal at #28...it just happened to work out that way
    </div>

They would have two sets of twins! Start a promotion of two tickets for the price of one for twins?

3. Kid Chocolate

Kid Chocolate Suspended

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (NattaNerNuttaMan @ Jun 17 2008, 01:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Kid Chocolate @ Jun 16 2008, 11:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I don't like the Ajinca pick for the Wolves so much. With 31 you are in position to still grab a talented player who can come in and help right away, and Ajinca has contract issues, so he may never come over, and even if he does, it won't be for a couple years, when the Wolves need all the help they can get right now.</div>

Minnesota is rebuilding and are in no rush to put a contender out there right away.
    </div>

uhhhh what?

4. NattaNerNuttaMan

Military
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Kid Chocolate @ Jun 17 2008, 01:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (NattaNerNuttaMan @ Jun 17 2008, 01:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Kid Chocolate @ Jun 16 2008, 11:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I don't like the Ajinca pick for the Wolves so much. With 31 you are in position to still grab a talented player who can come in and help right away, and Ajinca has contract issues, so he may never come over, and even if he does, it won't be for a couple years, when the Wolves need all the help they can get right now.</div>

Minnesota is rebuilding and are in no rush to put a contender out there right away.
    </div>

uhhhh what?
    </div>

I'm just stating that they are rebuilding and can afford to have a foriegn guy honing his game over seas with two other pick in this draft and another possible three more 1st rounder's next year

5. bbwchingy0007

bbwchingy0007 BBW Member

My pick has withdrawn [​IMG]

6. pegs

pegs My future wife.

What should we do about all the withdrawals?

I mean...is there anything we could do, other than starting the draft over again?

7. tim

tim Respect JPJ

Let's not worry about it, and just continue the mock as if they were still in it.

8. DynastYWarrioR6

DynastYWarrioR6 JBB SmurfY

The 54th pick is so far away [​IMG]
    and I only really have two people on my mind...

9. gambitnut

gambitnut Freek

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DynastYWarrioR6 @ Jun 17 2008, 11:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>The 54th pick is so far away [​IMG]
    and I only really have two people on my mind...</div>

The Trailblazers have the 55th pick and I only have one person on my mind.

10. ghoti

ghoti A PhD in Horribleness

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (tim @ Jun 17 2008, 01:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Let's not worry about it, and just continue the mock as if they were still in it.</div>

Let's pretend those teams tried to illegally sign Joe Smith.

11. DynastYWarrioR6

DynastYWarrioR6 JBB SmurfY

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ghoti @ Jun 17 2008, 11:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (tim @ Jun 17 2008, 01:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Let's not worry about it, and just continue the mock as if they were still in it.</div>

</div>

It's the only way to sign Joe Smith [​IMG]

12. gambitnut

gambitnut Freek

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (pegs @ Jun 17 2008, 09:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>What should we do about all the withdrawals?

I mean...is there anything we could do, other than starting the draft over again?</div>

We wouldn't have to redo the entire draft. The only two players I can see who were picked in our mock and then withdrew from the draft are the 18th and 19th picks, right? That means there is no need to redo the first 17 picks. After that the teams between the teams at 18 and 19 and the teams that originally picked the players they picked instead would have no reason to change their picks, since the two players on the board who weren't on the board the first time they picked aren't draftable anyway, that's why the teams that originally picked them are dropping them. That means that the only teams we would need to have pick again are the teams at 18 and 19 and the teams that originally picked their next choices, and the teams that originally picked the next choices of those teams, etc.

13. #1_War_Poet_ForLife

#1_War_Poet_ForLife The Baker of Cakes

Joey Dorsey? The hell?

14. bbwchingy0007

bbwchingy0007 BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ghoti @ Jun 18 2008, 05:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (tim @ Jun 17 2008, 01:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Let's not worry about it, and just continue the mock as if they were still in it.</div>

</div>

I already have Joe Smith [​IMG]

15. NattaNerNuttaMan

Military
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (chingy0007 @ Jun 18 2008, 08:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ghoti @ Jun 18 2008, 05:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (tim @ Jun 17 2008, 01:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Let's not worry about it, and just continue the mock as if they were still in it.</div>

</div>

I already have Joe Smith [​IMG]
    </div>

Well, I guess you need to give up your #1 pick.... [​IMG]

16. Denny Crane

Denny Crane It's not even loaded! Staff Member Administrator

Never lost a case
    Bulls took Kyle Weaver. It may have been worth a flyer on someone with the potential to play C, but with a 2nd round pick, maybe the best that could be had is a Euro prospect/project.

Weaver looks to me like he can play both guard spots in the NBA, and certainly can give the Bulls some size in their 3 guard set. He can score some, too.

17. ghoti

ghoti A PhD in Horribleness

Scott Skiles will love Kyle Weav... oh, never mind.

18. #1_War_Poet_ForLife

Lester Hudson y/n?

19. Kid Chocolate

Kid Chocolate Suspended

Hudson withdrew, but you made up for it with a great pick in Hendrix, especially since you took no big men in the first.

20. #1_War_Poet_ForLife

Yeah, the pick just came to me. [​IMG]