Official T-Mac Trade

Discussion in 'Orlando Magic' started by r4shox01, Jun 21, 2004.

1. Einitials

Einitials JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting RocketLaunch:</div><div class="quote_post">HAHA! Who won that game by double digits?

Seriously though, I'll be rooting for a 70 point game from McGrady, afterall he is on my team now, not 100% done but close enough... However, I prefer that he gets 30 and Yao gets 40...</div>

Then why were you arguing that tmac would not get 70 points?

2. Mag

Mag JBB MacBeth

[​IMG] just seeing if this works.

3. Mag

Mag JBB MacBeth

Lol, guess not

4. bentalldayeveryday

bentalldayeveryday JBB JustBBall Member

I don't see how this would benefit the Magic. If Francis stays, he's going to create bad chemistry and the Magic might be a worse team. If he doesn't stay, due to his hatred of crappy teams, the team is screwed even more. Too bad Tracy had to whine about not playing for a crappy team. I thought he would perservere like Garnett and Jordan through all the unsuccessful seasons and eventually have one, if not consecutive successful seasons. The Rockets might have a chance to win the championship, because Kobe and Shaq had great chemistry and they brought LA championships, so history might repeat itself for Yao and TMac. Both are 25 and 24 respectively, and they're going to win atleast 2 championships if they play together in atleast 6 seasons. They might become a top 5 duo of all-time.

5. Mag

Mag JBB MacBeth

Look at it this way: Next year, you'll be in the easiest, and crappiest division in the NBA, so you prolly will be a play-off contending team, and if not, you could say: "Hey, atleast the Magic won their Division."

6. _BN_

_BN_ JBB JustBBall Member

Actually we have Miami to compete with...

And Wizzards are getting better...

And if Vincanity returns healthy...

7. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

Well It seems that you will also be getting Bostjan Nachbar, the guy that punked Malone in the first round. The guy is a talented player who showed alot in the post season.

To make it work, Orlando will add in Tyronn Lue.

8. RocketLaunch

RocketLaunch JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Einitials:</div><div class="quote_post">Then why were you arguing that tmac would not get 70 points?</div>

If Michael Jordan couldn't get 70 points Tracy McGrady won't get 70 points...

9. Einitials

Einitials JBB JustBBall Member

David Robinson did it so can Tmac.

10. ZeroToOne50182

ZeroToOne50182 JBB JustBBall Member

For everyone thinking we are getting a better deal with Indiana, take a look at this

" The Pacers got consideration late from the Magic (but not McGrady, not really, despite a long, tight relationship with Jermaine O'Neal) when they proposed a deal involving Jeff Foster, Jonathan Bender and Al Harrington, who asked to be traded in his final meeting with CEO Donnie Walsh (no promises were made) regardless of whether Ron Artest is kept or dealt. "

http://www.nypost.com/sports/23513.htm

This is the best deal where going to get..Or have gotten..

11. Mag

Mag JBB MacBeth

I heard here in H-town that were keeping Boki Nachbar, and you guys will put Reece Gaines as an option to us. Then I heard that it will be finalized in July cus of Francis' base-year crap.. I want Boki in Houston, and Gaines is a great player, we could start him at PG.

12. YaoMing03-04

YaoMing03-04 JBB Banned Member

Nah u heard wrong the trade has to be done before July 1st, because Steve Franchise is a base level player.

Now all you Magic and Rocket fans might hate the deal now, but in the long run you guys will realize this is the best thing that could hapen for the two teams. The Magic were going no where with T-Mac and Houston was never gonna win a championship wiht Franchise at the point.

Magic starting 5

Steve Francis
    Cuttino Mobley
    Grant Hill
    Kelvin Cato
    Emeka Okafur

This is a very potent lineup , capable of winning 45 games easily. steve francis will not have to run the point all the time because G hill can do that IF he is healthy.

Rockets Starting 5

Derek Fisher (reportedly wants to go to Houston)
    Tracy McGrady
    Jim Jackson
    Juwan Howard
    Yao Ming

I really think Yao Ming will take a backseat to T-Mac in terms of scoring , but McGrady is great at breaking down the other teams defense and will create easy buckets for Yao Mizze.

13. Midnight Green

Midnight Green NFLC nflcentral.net Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting YaoMing03-04:</div><div class="quote_post">

Magic starting 5

Steve Francis
    Cuttino Mobley
    Grant Hill
    Kelvin Cato
    Emeka Okafur</div>

Switch Okafor and Cato around and you might be right. Though I hope howard is drafted because of okafor's injury problems with his back. We do not need another grant hill player on the team that is talented, but constently injured to the extent it hurts the team chemistry. Also I have heard that francis will request a trade as soon as he arrives in orlando. He will not be difficult to attract trade offers since he is a talented superstar. Hopefully we dont trade him he has said he will report to us though if we dont trade him.

14. Midnight Green

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting RocketLaunch:</div><div class="quote_post">If Michael Jordan couldn't get 70 points Tracy McGrady won't get 70 points...</div>
    Didnt MJ score 70 a couple of times in New York. I may be wrong, but I think he did I would have to double check though.Im pretty sure he did score 70 at least once in new york city though when they played the knicks when he was with the chicago bulls.

15. Ice

Ice JBB Member

Theres two ways of looking at this trade -

The bad: We're getting Steve Francis and Mobley - two players that don't get along and have a hard time sharing the ball. Steve's numbers declined last season and in a way, his stock has dropped. He's also said that he doesn't want to play for Orlando, which obviously isn't good news. Cato is pretty good, but he disappoints more than he impresses.

The Good: We're starting fresh with a new lineup. Francis needs a new NBA team to rebound and have a better season. If he's moved to the 2 guard rather than PG, he could improve his play and become more efficient. The duo of Francis and Mobley could be something special in Orlando - with either Okafor or Dwight filling out the frontcourt along with Cato.

16. Mag

Mag JBB MacBeth

MJs career high was 63, right?

17. Midnight Green

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting magnomonkey:</div><div class="quote_post">MJs career high was 63, right?</div>
    My bad just pulled out MJ card his career high is 69 from the 89-90 season with the bulls. So he only missed 70 by one point tmac may be able to do it. Just get one more point as his career high then MJ did and he has it. Though the defense now a days is tighter than back in the 89-90 season imo. You hardly see teams score over 100 these days.

18. RocketLaunch

The Bad - Francis and Mobley are close, on the court and off the court, they get along fine... Francis did say he doesn't want to go to Orlando, he also said that he understands that the NBA is a business and he will move on...

The Good - Francis will be a PG for the rest of his career... Would you prefer an average SG over an All-Star PG? You move Francis and you get an average SG...

19. Ice

Ice JBB Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting RocketLaunch:</div><div class="quote_post">The Bad - Francis and Mobley are close, on the court and off the court, they get along fine... </div>
    The Orlando Sentinel was breaking down possible trades, and mentioned that Francis and Mobley have a hard time sharing the ball.
    <div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Francis did say he doesn't want to go to Orlando, he also said that he understands that the NBA is a business and he will move on...</div>
    Yes, but that isn't exactly the best way to start off - Trashing a team he is about to play for, not cool.

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">The Good - Francis will be a PG for the rest of his career... Would you prefer an average SG over an All-Star PG? You move Francis and you get an average SG...</div>
    He is a shoot first PG, and would be better fitted to a shooting guard. Allnet said it best -
    <div class="quote_poster">Quoting Allnet:</div><div class="quote_post">Somehow, someway the Magic will need to try and move him to shooting guard. Thats where he is best fitted. He will never live up to his talents running the offense.</div>

Anyhow, the trade isn't too bad. I'm glad McGrady is gone and now we finally have players who think before they speak.

It's the best we could get, and with this lineup we could make it to the playoffs.

20. RocketLaunch

That's why I never read the paper!

Yeah not the best way to try and win over some new fans...

My problem with moving him is that he'll be an average shooting guard on offense, way below average on defense... The team he's playing for will NEED a big PG to guard opposing teams SGs or else Francis will be abused on defense...

If they draft Okafur and they stay in good health, they will make the playoffs, AND win more games than they ever won with McGrady there. The only thing the Magic should worry about is their coach, but with the East losing one of the playoff teams and gaining an expansion team to beat up on, they should be fine despite their coach.