Official T-Mac Trade

Discussion in 'Orlando Magic' started by r4shox01, Jun 21, 2004.

1. Shard

Shard Hi2u

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Francis did say he doesn't want to go to Orlando, he also said that he understands that the NBA is a business and he will move on...</div>
    Francis has always been like that, remember the whole Grizzlies draft thing? He should quit complaining and learn how to pass.

2. RocketLaunch

RocketLaunch JBB JustBBall Member

Not really, he doesn't like the idea of leaving Houston, I'm not really sure if he's said anything bad about Orlando, all he said was that he was disappointed about leaving Houston. Point is, if the trade goes down he'll play in Orlando...

3. Midnight Green

Midnight Green NFLC nflcentral.net Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting RocketLaunch:</div><div class="quote_post">Not really, he doesn't like the idea of leaving Houston, I'm not really sure if he's said anything bad about Orlando, all he said was that he was disappointed about leaving Houston. Point is, if the trade goes down he'll play in Orlando...</div>
    No he said he doesnt want to play for orlando. He doesnt want to play for a rebuilding team. If he is traded as soon as it is official he will request a trade from the magic to any other team. Basically he has to play for orlando he cant hold out he has a 5 year 85 million dollar contract he isnt gona walk away from that.

4. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

Steve Francis and Drew Gooden for Ray Allen is reportly a deal that could happen to follow up this one.

5. crazytown

crazytown JBB JustBBall Member

Hmm..I kinda like that deal. I don't know if I would give up Gooden though. I think he still has potential to be a solid PF. How many players have we given up on too early? I lost count at about 8. Imight give up Garrity instead as Allen is the best 3-pt shooter in the League. Only problem with that deal is that Mobley and Allen play the same position.

Also, would Francis rather play for Seattle or Orlando? I think we're in a much better position to win quicker than they are.

But just for fun, here's the projected line-up:

C-Kelvin Cato
    PF-Drew Gooden
    SF-Dwight Howard
    SG-Ray Allen
    PG-Grant Hill
    Bench-Mobley,Bogans,Stevenson,Declerq

Man, I might be in the minority but LOVE that line-up. That's a good young squad. In a couple of years we'd be contenders. Maybe even now.

In fact, I'd rather trade T-Mac to seattle for Allen and others than Francis. He'd be a better fit and a class act and I'm sure he'd love to play for us. I don't think T-Mac would want to play there though.LOL

6. DirtySouth

DirtySouth JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting crazytown:</div><div class="quote_post">Hmm..I kinda like that deal. I don't know if I would give up Gooden though. I think he still has potential to be a solid PF. How many players have we given up on too early? I lost count at about 8. Imight give up Garrity instead as Allen is the best 3-pt shooter in the League. Only problem with that deal is that Mobley and Allen play the same position.

Also, would Francis rather play for Seattle or Orlando? I think we're in a much better position to win quicker than they are.

But just for fun, here's the projected line-up:

C-Kelvin Cato
    PF-Drew Gooden
    SF-Josh Howard
    SG-Ray Allen
    PG-Grant Hill
    Bench-Mobley,Bogans,Stevenson,Declerq

Man, I might be in the minority but LOVE that line-up. That's a good young squad. In a couple of years we'd be contenders. Maybe even now.

In fact, I'd rather trade T-Mac to seattle for Allen and others than Francis. He'd be a better fit and a class act and I'm sure he'd love to play for us. I don't think T-Mac would want to play there though.LOL</div>

How did we get Josh howard?

7. Trip

Trip 2000000000000000000000000

Student
    <div class="quote_poster">Quoting crazytown:</div><div class="quote_post">C-Kelvin Cato
    PF-Drew Gooden
    SF-Josh Howard
    SG-Ray Allen
    PG-Grant Hill
    Bench-Mobley,Bogans,Stevenson,Declerq</div>
    Josh Howard? I think you must mean Dwight.

Why do you have so much faith in Grant Hill's knee? He's been projected to start at PG for 3 seasons already, and his knee has not held up each of those times. What makes you think that he would be healthy again?

8. Midnight Green

Midnight Green NFLC nflcentral.net Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting AllNet:</div><div class="quote_post">Steve Francis and Drew Gooden for Ray Allen is reportly a deal that could happen to follow up this one.</div>
    A reason I dont think that would work is because francis doesnt want to play for orlando because they are in a rebuilding mode. And frankly so are the sonics. Every year they either start off hot or end hot, but never make the playoffs (basically in the last 2 years). They need some serious changes in managment up there before they think about playoff contention. If this trade were to happen it would be great for one person in my mind Flip Murray he would get more playing time and when he gets playing time he is a superstar like shown last year averaging 20 points for the injured ray allen while he was out.

9. RocketLaunch

His direct quotes are...

"I thought we were really building something, something very good in Houston,'' Francis said. "Obviously that's not the direction they want to go. I still think we could be a very good team.

"I'm not crying. Like I told you before, I know this is a business. Things like that happen. I'm not mad. I'm not upset. This is what they're trying to do. But like I said, I still think we could be something.''

Agent said...

"Steve's preference is to not go to Orlando,'' Fried said. "Steve's tasted the playoffs. (The Rockets) got a series under their belts. He was looking forward to going further with the same Rockets team but with another year of experience together. This is certainly not his preference. He loves Houston.''

Not really any direct quotes, mostly about how much he hates to leave Houston... If he requests a trade that will obviously be a direct quote though...

10. lil nba

lil nba JBB JustBBall Member

Tracy needs to be traded.

tracy mcgrady needs to be traded. He dosen't deserve to be treated this way. He needs to be with a team that will help him win more that 19 games. [​IMG]

11. crazytown

LOL..Sorry guys, meant Dwight. Too many Howards out there.

12. crazytown

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Trip:</div><div class="quote_post">Why do you have so much faith in Grant Hill's knee? He's been projected to start at PG for 3 seasons already, and his knee has not held up each of those times. What makes you think that he would be healthy again?</div>

It's his ankle not his knee. [​IMG]

13. DirtySouth

New report on espn has magic sending francis to either seattle or washington for allen or arenas. I wouldn't mind allen, but I rather have francis than arenas.

14. crazytown

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting DirtySouth:</div><div class="quote_post">New report on espn has magic sending francis to either seattle or washington for allen or arenas. I wouldn't mind allen, but I rather have francis than arenas.</div>

Yea, I'd rather have Francis than Arenas. I love Allen though.

15. DirtySouth

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting crazytown:</div><div class="quote_post">Yea, I'd rather have Francis than Arenas. I love Allen though.</div>

I like allen also, but I think I rather have rashard lewis he is young, 6-10 has an all around game and I think he can be a superstar.

16. crazytown

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting DirtySouth:</div><div class="quote_post">I like allen also, but I think I rather have rashard lewis he is young, 6-10 has an all around game and I think he can be a superstar.</div>

True, but we'd already have the same type of player if draft Howard. Maybe he talks the talk and makes an impact in his rookie season. Him and Lewis play the same position. PLus, Allens outside shot is gonna be a major plus for us as Garrity is the only player on our team with a conisistent jumpshot.

My 2 cents. [​IMG]

17. DirtySouth

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting crazytown:</div><div class="quote_post">True, but we'd already have the same type of player if draft Howard. Maybe he talks the talk and makes an impact in his rookie season. Him and Lewis play the same position. PLus, Allens outside shot is gonna be a major plus for us as Garrity is the only player on our team with a conisistent jumpshot.

My 2 cents. [​IMG]</div>

I still see dwight being a pf before sf. he can hit the outside shot but not as consistent as lewis I think. Buy I hope we get howard and keep francis.

18. RocketLaunch

Allen is extremely underrated... <EOM>

19. Spiza

Spiza JBB JustBBall Member

What do you guys think about the other trades that were offered? Getting a shawn marion/joe johnson, or maybe a handful of Indiana's players?

20. TMac_OwNz

TMac_OwNz JBB JustBBall Member

Those are gone, specially because Indiana didn't offer Artest and Suns don't have pick any more and didn't offer JJ ..and T-Mac didn't want to re-sign with them either.

I rather have Francis than Arenas..but I rather have Arenas than Allen..I don't have nothing against Ray but I just don't like his game except when hes outside game is on.