Official T-Mac Trade

Discussion in 'Orlando Magic' started by r4shox01, Jun 21, 2004.

1. GatorsowntheNCAA

GatorsowntheNCAA Omaha Bound 2010!

Ray's a much better player than Arenas. Franchise and Ray are a toss up though, because Franchise is more of a triple double threat every night(if he cuts his TO's down)

2. Sergio

Sergio JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting sportsrock37:</div><div class="quote_post">Ray's a much better player than Arenas. Franchise and Ray are a toss up though, because Franchise is more of a triple double threat every night(if he cuts his TO's down)</div>

Or he can do more TO's and be a quadriple(??) - double threat :mrgreen:

3. jonny567

jonny567 JBB JustBBall Member

T-MAC to stay fingers crossed

I think that if orlando is ever going to become one of the great teams in the nba or a great nba team of all time then we must keep mcgrady whateva the cost. He is one of the true greats of our time and is vital. Now we have won the first pick in the draft and selected howard then hopefully he can step in and take some of the presure of traceys back. We have lost another great in the last 10 years in shaq and it will prove costly losing another in T-mac. I think if T-mac stays and howard plays to his expectancy and potential then we may be able to scrape playoffs this year but we will find this extreamly difficult without McGrady

4. navyballer18

navyballer18 JBB JustBBall Member

^here lies the difference between shaq and t-mac comparison. Shaq was a free-agent and left with the magic getting nothing. But if they get something for t-mac(who doesn't want to play there any ways) all will be well. I think the indiana trade will work better for the magic they are 3 young potental stars why by pass that up for 2 guards with bad shooting percentages and are turnover prone.

5. Ice

Ice JBB Member

We could make the playoffs depending on how you look at the situation.

I honestly believe we are a team that isn't going anywhere for several years. However, the draft helped us, and if we get another solid trade it could bump us to the playoffs.

This years draft definitely helped us rebuild the roster. Dwight Howard was a huge upgrade, but no one knows when he'll begin producing. His basketball IQ appears to be high - which is why he shouldn't be compared to Kwame because he knows a lot about the game. Jameer Nelson was a steal for Orlando, and they didn't give up much for him. Their first round pick can be given up in as far as 2007 (Which is good for us in case we make the lottery again next year).

The Suns deal was probably the best deal we could have gotten - but it appears to be dead. Apparently we waited too long and McGrady didn't guarantee the Suns that he would re-sign after the end of the season. He still has his heart set on Yao Ming & the Rockets because he probably believes they could become the next duo of Shaq and Kobe. <font size="1">(All I have to say is good luck Tmac - there is a huge difference between wanting to win and actually playing with that desire to win. Thats the difference between Kobe and Tmac)</font>

I'm not a huge fan of the Houston deal. We're probably going to give up Tracy McGrady (obviously), Juwan Howard, Tyronn Lue, and Andrew Declerq for Mobley and Francis - two unhappy players. The duo of Mobely and Francis alone could give us a better record then last sesaon, but probably not enough for the playoffs. Francis would start at the point, leaving Nelson to be nothing but a backup for him - and I believe he could be a better player than that.

John Weisbrod has a long offseason ahead of him.

6. DirtySouth

DirtySouth JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Ice:</div><div class="quote_post">We could make the playoffs depending on how you look at the situation.

I honestly believe we are a team that isn't going anywhere for several years. However, the draft helped us, and if we get another solid trade it could bump us to the playoffs.

This years draft definitely helped us rebuild the roster. Dwight Howard was a huge upgrade, but no one knows when he'll begin producing. His basketball IQ appears to be high - which is why he shouldn't be compared to Kwame because he knows a lot about the game. Jameer Nelson was a steal for Orlando, and they didn't give up much for him. Their first round pick can be given up in as far as 2007 (Which is good for us in case we make the lottery again next year).

The Suns deal was probably the best deal we could have gotten - but it appears to be dead. Apparently we waited too long and McGrady didn't guarantee the Suns that he would re-sign after the end of the season. He still has his heart set on Yao Ming & the Rockets because he probably believes they could become the next duo of Shaq and Kobe. <font size="1">(All I have to say is good luck Tmac - there is a huge difference between wanting to win and actually playing with that desire to win. Thats the difference between Kobe and Tmac)</font>

I'm not a huge fan of the Houston deal. We're probably going to give up Tracy McGrady (obviously), Juwan Howard, Tyronn Lue, and Andrew Declerq for Mobley and Francis - two unhappy players. The duo of Mobely and Francis alone could give us a better record then last sesaon, but probably not enough for the playoffs. Francis would start at the point, leaving Nelson to be nothing but a backup for him - and I believe he could be a better player than that.

John Weisbrod has a long offseason ahead of him.</div>

From what I read they are not unhappy they bring us some defense which is much needed.I think dwight will contribute decent numbers this year.I think we will make the playoffs this year some teams in the playoffs last year were below .500 I think we could be at .500 especially if we sign a decent center.

7. Ice

Ice JBB Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting DirtySouth:</div><div class="quote_post">From what I read they are not unhappy they bring us some defense which is much needed.I think dwight will contribute decent numbers this year.I think we will make the playoffs this year some teams in the playoffs last year were below .500 I think we could be at .500 especially if we sign a decent center.</div>
    If they said they were unhappy once, they are probably still feeling the same way - they just want to act professional.

The duo of Mobley and Francis alone probably couldn't get us to the playoffs because the Rockets were unsuccessful until they landed Yao Ming. However, we are in the weak east and Dwight Howard might surprise us all.

We'd have Cato at center if I'm not mistaken - forgot about him earlier.

8. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

Ok here is my thoughts on the Magic roster

I honestly don't see how the Magic will fail to make the playoffs next season, when you take into account the fact how weak the lower bottom of the conference is, Hornets moving west and the Magic adding 3 members of a team that won 45 games and gave L.A a tough time in the first round.

People forget that Steve Francis played under a Jeff Van Gundy system that really restricted him from playing his kind of game. He had his worse season of his career as JVG wanted to make Yao Ming his center piece and become a more defensive style ball club. The year before he put up 21, 6 and 6 on 43%. Cuttino Mobley hads the same problems, they just didn't fit into the system that Van Gundy wanted.

Kelvin Cato is a very underrated defender, he is one of the best at guarding Shaq in the post. I don't think Shaq playing badly in the first round had much to do with him having an off series, Cato gives him plenty of problems and had done all season. The Magic will finally get a big man that they've been looking for.

Orlando's bench actually looks respectable right now, Jameer Nelson could be very good off the bench by giving them instant offense, If Dwight Howard does infact get a starting spot then Drew Gooden could certainly give them 11 and 6 in limited minutes. Although I expect Gooden to be the starter.

I don't like to make predictions this time of year considering free-agency has yet to even start but there is no reason why Orlando can't get a 4th,5th or at worse 6th seed.

The Magic's problem last year was no one played with any heart, passion or had the will to win games. People may not like Steve Francis but he was certainly not short of those things mentioned above.

One thing the Magic must do though

Get a new coach

for them to be successful a more proven coach is needed. There are still plenty out there to be had.

9. DirtySouth

DirtySouth JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting AllNet:</div><div class="quote_post">Ok here is my thoughts on the Magic roster

I honestly don't see how the Magic will fail to make the playoffs next season, when you take into account the fact how weak the lower bottom of the conference is, Hornets moving west and the Magic adding 3 members of a team that won 45 games and gave L.A a tough time in the first round.

People forget that Steve Francis played under a Jeff Van Gundy system that really restricted him from playing his kind of game. He had his worse season of his career as JVG wanted to make Yao Ming his center piece and become a more defensive style ball club. The year before he put up 21, 6 and 6 on 43%. Cuttino Mobley hads the same problems, they just didn't fit into the system that Van Gundy wanted.

Kelvin Cato is a very underrated defender, he is one of the best at guarding Shaq in the post. I don't think Shaq playing badly in the first round had much to do with him having an off series, Cato gives him plenty of problems and had done all season. The Magic will finally get a big man that they've been looking for.

Orlando's bench actually looks respectable right now, Jameer Nelson could be very good off the bench by giving them instant offense, If Dwight Howard does infact get a starting spot then Drew Gooden could certainly give them 11 and 6 in limited minutes. Although I expect Gooden to be the starter.

I don't like to make predictions this time of year considering free-agency has yet to even start but there is no reason why Orlando can't get a 4th,5th or at worse 6th seed.

The Magic's problem last year was no one played with any heart, passion or had the will to win games. People may not like Steve Francis but he was certainly not short of those things mentioned above.

One thing the Magic must do though

Get a new coach

for them to be successful a more proven coach is needed. There are still plenty out there to be had.</div>

I wish we would get a new coach but it just isn't going to happen.Weisbrod has said davis is his man so unless they get off to a real bad start I don't see us getting a new coach.

10. GatorsowntheNCAA

GatorsowntheNCAA Omaha Bound 2010!

I wish we would get a new coach. We really need a new one. I agree with AllNet. We are looking like a pretty good team next year. We are pretty deep(if we do that Houston deal). I expect both Dwight and Drew to start. Drew at PF and Dwight at SF. Bring Hill, Stevenson, Bogans off the bench.

I also think that franchise will be back this year. I think he will be a force to be reckoned with this season. He is a triple double threat every night. I just hope he won't stunt Dwight or Gooden's growth. I can't wait to see some alley-oops with those 3. Summer leagues start in a couple of weeks, so we will see how Dwight does then.