[Official] The whipping boy thread

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by Fez Hammersticks, Oct 16, 2013.

1. magnifier661

magnifier661 B-A-N-A-N-A-S!

Cracking fools in the skull
    Difference was freeland was trying to work on his game. He has about as much talent as Leonard has in his left nutsack. But he has more work ethic to improve his game. Fans see that effort and praise it when it pans out.

So you are happy with him working on his three point shot? I strongly disagree...

That kid should be working on defense, timing and fundamentals. Something he lacks most in.

2. noknobs

noknobs Well-Known Member

My point being, that last year noone gave Freeland the benefit of the doubt as far as working on his game, because we weren't seeing it. Now we're starting to. Hopefully that happens with Leonard. We can bash the guy all we want from our keyboard, but to assume he's not working on his game is silly.

No. Which is why I said I wasn't happy with him working on his three point shot. Because I'm not happy with him working on his three point shot. I know I'm being a little cryptic, so for the avoidance of any and all doubt, I'm not happy with him working on his three point shot.

3. magnifier661

So since you're not happy with him working on his three point shot; then one would agree that he isn't really working on the game we want him to have; hence the bitching.

As for freeland; he was working on the things that was needed of him to have a career. No one gave him any hope because his level of talent was meh.

Leonard has so much talent; but has no true direction. If he wants to be a guard; then play for another team. We have plenty of guards

4. OneLifeToLive

OneLifeToLive Well-Known Member

He's working on the part of the game that the coach wants him to work on. Take that for what its worth. It could be that he just doesn't grow in the direction you want him to grow under this staff.

5. noknobs

Right, because to work on one thing means you aren't working on anything else...:confused:

6. noknobs

If you're implying Stotts doesn't want him to work on his defense at all, then you're sadly mistaken.

7. magnifier661

Considering watching him play; you are correct

8. OneLifeToLive

OneLifeToLive Well-Known Member

Didn't say anything about the defense. But I do think offensively,he is working on the things Stotts wants hime to be working on with the coaches. Shooting the three is huge in his offense.

9. noknobs

Then it stands to reason he's also working on the defensive things the coaches want, unless you think Stotts is satisfied with him always being in the wrong place. I wouldn't have a problem with him practicing threes if he could play a lick of defense.

I agree with Mags in that it doesn't appear he's working on defense because he's so bad at it, but I have to believe he is. Whether that will ever amount to improvement remains to be seen.

10. BlazerWookee

BlazerWookee UNTILT THE DAMN PINWHEEL!

Gear Finisher
    Pretty sure he's not spending official practice time shooting threes. My money's on him considering post-practice shooting contests "working on shooting the three."

11. BBert

BBert Weasels Ripped My Flesh

Selfless Public Servant
    Your memory is correct. Jermaine was worse than Meyers on the court his first two seasons. He was younger though.

12. magnifier661

He was lost; as in not understanding the game; but the kid's natural instincts were still there.

Another thing was jerm was our third string center. Leonard is supposed to be our back up center

13. Shooter

Shooter Unanimously Great

advertising
    I don't see a huge amount of talent. He's not particularly quick or nimble around the basket, and I've never seen him make a difficult shot in traffic. I've seen him make some nice dunks and hit some jump shots, but he doesn't do anything with much flair. He actually seems a little stiff and mechanical to me.

14. oldguy

oldguy Well-Known Member

No kidding. I was reminded, ad nauseum, that Jerm was a lazy, stupid, never-made-a-jumpshot worthless waste of a draft pick for his first three years. Argued about that a lot, actually.

Go Blazers

15. magnifier661

Hmmm, well I guess we can agree to disagree. Griffin is only a dunker; yet praised on his natural ability. I think Leonard has natural athletic ability. Way more than freeland

16. OregonHuskerMan

OregonHuskerMan Well-Known Member

I stand by what I said last year. He is a flat out pussy and unless he plans to man up and play physical basketball in the post he won't be anything.

He is a mental midget as well. Every time someone hits him, he gets a scowl on his face or upset. Clean off your vagina and play basketball, bruh.

17. HomerLovesKoolAid

HomerLovesKoolAid I have a well-known member.

This.

18. Blazinaway

Blazinaway Well-Known Member

ya notice how so many pictures there are of him with his eyes closed when there's contact? as I have said before, he still gets this yr to start growin a pair and show "some" improvement. Damn, his older brother was a marine I believe, time for him to tell Meyer's to man up!

19. Boob-No-More

Boob-No-More Why you no hire big man coach?

Freeland, while lacking Leonard's size and athleticism, is so much improved on defense compared to last year. It's obvious that his off season work has paid huge dividends. So, why not put Meyers through the exact same regime next summer?

BNM

20. Blazinaway

Blazinaway Well-Known Member

why not now, especially if he's last big off the bench as is likely?