Official Trade Advice and Help Thread

Discussion in 'Fantasy Basketball' started by Run BJM, Oct 20, 2006.

1. CLos

CLos JBB=The Originals

Keep Gerald Wallace. He is a stat filler.

2. Iggy

Iggy Iggy

<div class="quote_poster">Warriorsfan Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">please help on this trade:

g. wallace + murphy + wilcox for ilgauskas + david west?

i have the g. walalce right now k thanks!</div>

Hell nah! How many SF's in the league get 7rpg, 2bpg, 2spg along with 15 ppg!

3. Run BJM

Run BJM Heavy lies the crown. Staff Member Global Moderator

Here's a trade thats been proposed to me:

I trade:

Chris Webber
    Tyson Chandler
    Andre Iguodala
    Martell Webster

I get:

Elton Brand
    Andrea Bargnani
    Jorge Garbajosa

I'm leaning towards pulling the trigger because this would be my lineup after the trade (14 team league mind you [​IMG] ):

PG: Baron Davis
    SG: Jason Richardson
    G: Michael Finley/Mo Williams/FA
    SF: Josh Howard
    F: Troy Murphy
    PF: Elton Brand
    C: Yao Ming
    Util: Danny Granger
    Util: Alonzo Mourning
    Util: Bargnani/Diogu/Finley/Williams/FA
    BN: Diogu/Bargnani
    BN: Garbajosa

4. Warriorsfan

Warriorsfan JBB JustBBall Member

but you guys, isnt gerald wallace still injured and isnt doing that much right now? with the other two i can get more blocks plus more points, and an extra spot. right?

5. Custodianrules2

Custodianrules2 Cohan + Rowell = Suck

<div class="quote_poster">Zhone Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">For a Yao-Bosh trade: My opinion is that if both are healthy, Yao should actually do better with McGrady in the lineup. Logically, his field goal percentage should be higher and his assists should rise because the Rockets will be spreading the defense. Defensively there should be no change.

Bosh is a great player but his overall line is going to end up similar to Yao's, should both remain healthy. So would a trade be good? Well apparently you're a Raptors fan so it's cooler having Bosh on your team. But the end result, at least theoretically, will be about the same.</div>

Zhone is probably very right on about T-mac/Yao working together as an inside/outside force. If there's no outside threat that can create like T-mac, the paint gets awfully crowded and you have Yao kicking out early or throwing up low % shots. So Yao and T-mac should benefit from one another since their drawn double team coverage always allows one of them or their teammates to be open

But in terms of Yao or Bosh... Hmm... I want to say Yao, but I do like Chris Bosh's versatility at F or C. Players who can play more than one position are always my favorite in head to head matchup because if you happen to have nothing but guards playing one day, you can suddenly turn your swingman into a forward to make room and avoid benching somebody you don't want. With the center they can only play center or utility, but F-C's can play F, PF, C, util.

If you have Boris Diaw, that's a good player to have for when you need a little bit of everything at almost any position G, F, and even C.

Edit: Nuts, they changed Diaw this year so he is a F-C. That's bull. He used to be something like G, SF, PF, C. He was like the queen chess piece of fantasy ball.

6. adiii

adiii JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">custodianrules2 Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">
    Edit: Nuts, they changed Diaw this year so he is a F-C. That's bull. He used to be something like G, SF, PF, C. He was like the queen chess piece of fantasy ball.</div>

HAHAHA queen chess piece!! i had diaw last yr and i agree that was pretty sweet.

7. CLos

CLos JBB=The Originals

<div class="quote_poster">Run BJM Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Here's a trade thats been proposed to me:

I trade:

Chris Webber
    Tyson Chandler
    Andre Iguodala
    Martell Webster

I get:

Elton Brand
    Andrea Bargnani
    Jorge Garbajosa

I'm leaning towards pulling the trigger because this would be my lineup after the trade (14 team league mind you [​IMG] ):

PG: Baron Davis
    SG: Jason Richardson
    G: Michael Finley/Mo Williams/FA
    SF: Josh Howard
    F: Troy Murphy
    PF: Elton Brand
    C: Yao Ming
    Util: Danny Granger
    Util: Alonzo Mourning
    Util: Bargnani/Diogu/Finley/Williams/FA
    BN: Diogu/Bargnani
    BN: Garbajosa</div>

Sure Elton Brand is nasty but AI gets a lot of stats and Webber is good also. Tyson Chandler might do good and Martell Webster is a good shooter. Those two other players aren't that good anyways.

8. adiii

Take that trade, get Brand, then drop teh Toronto ppl and see better FA options.

Kobe + Artest for Marion + Sheed?

I havent proposed, but Kobe's knee...hm...I offered Kobe for Marion before and he rejected, I drafted Kobe over Marion...

9. ronin

ronin JBB JustBBall Member

carmelo + david west for Yao + marbury.

Should i do the trade? I have carmelo and d.west

10. Iggy

Iggy Iggy

<div class="quote_poster">holyace2k2 Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Take that trade, get Brand, then drop teh Toronto ppl and see better FA options.

Kobe + Artest for Marion + Sheed?

I havent proposed, but Kobe's knee...hm...I offered Kobe for Marion before and he rejected, I drafted Kobe over Marion...</div>

What's wrong with the TO people? Both Bargnani and Garbajosa are going to be solid this year.

Anyways for your trade I say no. Kobe is still gonna be a top 3 player next year and Artest is better than an aging Sheed.

11. d0rkus

d0rkus JBB JustBBall Member

12team, 15player, standard cats, h2h..(lineup is pg, sg, g, g, sf, pf, f, f, c, 2 util and 4 bench)
    my team:
    Bosh
    Ming
    Bibby
    G. Wallace
    D. West (NOK)
    Cassell
    Claxton
    Milicic
    Mobley
    Krstic
    Boykins
    Patterson
    Hill
    Mason
    Nene

someone wants my yao and hill (filler) for his okur + kevin martin or artest + kmart2...

i have plenty of bigs so how does that sound? his 1st two picks were nash and pierce but he wants to keep pierce..

12. lilzain791

lilzain791 JBB JustBBall Member

Heres my team, (only a 4 team league lol)
    Should I pick up Baron Davis as a backup PG?? who should i drop?
    1. K. Bryant SG
    2. K. Garnett SF,PF
    3. G. Arenas PG
    4. E. Brand PF
    5. C. Bosh PF,C
    6. L. Odom SF,PF
    7. P. Pierce SG,SF
    8. B. Wallace C
    9. J. Johnson PG,SG
    10. A. Bynum C
    11. Z. Ilgauskas C
    12. M. Okur PF,C
    13. K. Hinrich PG,SG

13. adiii

whatever: trade is pretty even since yao's injury is a lil bit of a concern, but if he's healthy, ull get the better end of the deal. it depends if your team is lacking any of the stats yao and marbury bring: boards, assists.

iggy: i dont think bargnani is gonna be much of a fantasy impact player, he might have a few games here and tehre, but that's about it. garbosa might be a nice get, he's been tearing it up from beyond the arc in teh preseason and should get a nice amount of minutes especially if bosh stays out. but im pretty sure at the end there's gonna be better FAs that pop up.

dorkus: im not sure the extent of yao's injury, but at the end i would just keep yao, you burned an early 2nd round pick on him, might as well hope he comes back healthy and dominate, but out of those two trades, i guess i would pick, it's hard kevin martin is better than kmart, artest is better than okur...?

lizain: yea pick up baron davis, cant believe he went undrafted!! ur league wow, even with only 4 teams, sure he's injury prone, but when he's healthy. and obviously drop Bynum.

KOBE, i drafted him thinking he would tear it up again, but im scared of his knee issues taht have been coming up. i offered him straight up for marion, but was rejected. i drafted kobe over marion...stupid, stupid, stupid. so i thougt artest and kobe for marion and sheed, wouldnt be too bad, sheed should step up his game this season. any other opinions? im a little torn...

14. CLos

CLos JBB=The Originals

I just did this trade:

I received:
    Elton Brand and Gerald Wallace

I traded:
    Vlad Ramonovic, Zach Randolph, and Chris Paul

Was this trade good for me or bad?

15. Iggy

Iggy Iggy

<div class="quote_poster">CLos Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">I just did this trade:

I received:
    Elton Brand and Gerald Wallace

I traded:
    Vlad Ramonovic, Zach Randolph, and Chris Paul

Was this trade good for me or bad?</div>

Man the trade is in your favor by so much. Your getting the best player in the trade in Brand AND you get GWALL. The way I see it:
    Brand >> Paul
    Gwall >> Vladman and Randolph

16. lilzain791

lilzain791 JBB JustBBall Member

thanks holyace..

17. Iggy

Iggy Iggy

Someone in my league offered me:

Bosh + Mobley + Q. Richardson + J. Rose

for

J. Johnson + Z. Randolph + Iguodala
    (I'm the one getting Bosh)

I counter offered with,

J.Johnson + Randolph
    for
    Bosh

What do you thinK?

18. adiii

Clos: Nice trade, you ripped him off bad.

lizain: No Problem, by the way, if Bdiddy comes out firing (which he will), look to trade him while his stock his high, before he gets injured (which he will), hopefully he stays healthy, he's been looking good so far.

Iggy: That seems pretty even, you might be getting slightly the better deal. How many leagues are you doing?? I just went and posted my 2 teams and I saw ur name quite a bit, ur bound to win one! But man it's tough keeping track of them all, especially when it comes to rooting against playesr you have in anotehr league, last year 3 was tough enough.

19. Iggy

Iggy Iggy

<div class="quote_poster">holyace2k2 Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Clos: Nice trade, you ripped him off bad.

lizain: No Problem, by the way, if Bdiddy comes out firing (which he will), look to trade him while his stock his high, before he gets injured (which he will), hopefully he stays healthy, he's been looking good so far.

Iggy: That seems pretty even, you might be getting slightly the better deal. How many leagues are you doing?? I just went and posted my 2 teams and I saw ur name quite a bit, ur bound to win one! But man it's tough keeping track of them all, especially when it comes to rooting against playesr you have in anotehr league, last year 3 was tough enough.</div>

Haha, I'm currently in 8 leagues. 4 of them NO ONE is active so i basically don't check up on it anymore but yeah. I like big leagues so I'm committed to 4 20 team leagues haha.

20. CLos

CLos JBB=The Originals

Thanks for the comment.

Anyways, I did another trade which was huge.

I traded:
    KG, Elton Brand, Paul Pierce, TJ Ford, and Damon Stoudamire
    I received:
    AK-47, Marcus Camby, D-Wade, Bonzi Wells, and Chris Bosh

Who was that in favor of?