Official Trade Advice and Help Thread

Discussion in 'Fantasy Basketball' started by Run BJM, Oct 20, 2006.

1. adiii

adiii JBB JustBBall Member

Iggy, big leagues are fun, you definetely have to dig deeper into the FA pool. Good luck.

Clos, huge is an understatemtn, you got 5 talented players for 3, but you gave up the 3 best players in the trade (Pierce > Wade, Bosh or Wade equal to Pierce and Bosh a notch below). You tookk a risk since Ak47 and Camby are both very injury prone. Wade and Bosh have been dealing with injuries too to start off the season. It's a big trade, tough to say, but if I were you I would have kept your original KG, Brand, Pierce just because of injury concerns. If your new guys stay healthy then your team will be deadly and you got the better end, but if it plays out like the past few seasons, then you'll have a very injured bench.

lizain, man bynum is tearing it up, but biddy will still be better.

I traded Artest and got Rashard back in one league, Im a little bit afraid of what Artest does sometimes, I didnt need the 3pt shooting, so Im not sure why I proposed this trade, but %wise Lewis is pretty good. What do you guys think? I try to have the same players in my leagues, so maybe that's why I did it.

2. CLos

CLos JBB=The Originals

<div class="quote_poster">holyace2k2 Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Iggy, big leagues are fun, you definetely have to dig deeper into the FA pool. Good luck.

Clos, huge is an understatemtn, you got 5 talented players for 3, but you gave up the 3 best players in the trade (Pierce > Wade, Bosh or Wade equal to Pierce and Bosh a notch below). You tookk a risk since Ak47 and Camby are both very injury prone. Wade and Bosh have been dealing with injuries too to start off the season. It's a big trade, tough to say, but if I were you I would have kept your original KG, Brand, Pierce just because of injury concerns. If your new guys stay healthy then your team will be deadly and you got the better end, but if it plays out like the past few seasons, then you'll have a very injured bench.</div>

Yeah I see what you're saying but hopefully they are injury free. I took a big risk. Do you think Pierce is better than Wade?

3. adiii

<div class="quote_poster">CLos Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Yeah I see what you're saying but hopefully they are injury free. I took a big risk. Do you think Pierce is better than Wade?</div>

Not as a player, but fantasy wise yes I think Pierce is at the same level. Pierce is weaker on assists, but brings the 3pt shot. Overall they are pretty equal, I would draft Wade first of course, around 9ish (usually long gone), Pierce around 12ish.

4. Iggy

Iggy Iggy

<div class="quote_poster">CLos Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Thanks for the comment.

Anyways, I did another trade which was huge.

I traded:
    KG, Elton Brand, Paul Pierce, TJ Ford, and Damon Stoudamire
    I received:
    AK-47, Marcus Camby, D-Wade, Bonzi Wells, and Chris Bosh

Who was that in favor of?</div>

WoW talk about a blockbuster trade! Your trading away the best player in that deal, Garnett. Plus your trading away an MVP candidate in Brand AND Paul Pierce! Heres the trade break down in terms of fantasy stats:

Pierce = Wade
    Brand >> Bosh
    Garnett > AK
    In the non superstar category you win out getting Camby and Wells for Ford and Stoud.

I don't like this trade at all.

5. TheFreshPrince

TheFreshPrince JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Iggy Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">WoW talk about a blockbuster trade! Your trading away the best player in that deal, Garnett. Plus your trading away an MVP candidate in Brand AND Paul Pierce! Heres the trade break down in terms of fantasy stats:

Pierce = Wade
    Brand >> Bosh
    Garnett > AK
    In the non superstar category you win out getting Camby and Wells for Ford and Stoud.

I don't like this trade at all.</div>

agreed, I think you got ripped royally

6. CLos

CLos JBB=The Originals

I just did this trade:

I received: Michael Redd and Mehmet Okur
    I traded: Raymond Felton, Joel Pryzbilla, and Carlos Boozer

Any thoughts?

7. adiii

haha boy you never stop with the trading. i think it's a pretty even trade, redd and okur both give you 3's, while felton has a more all around game and boozer boards.

manu (or m. miller)+ hill for a. miller + granger
    or
    m. miller for a. miller

im trying to improve on assists. who's better manu or mike miller?

8. Iggy

Iggy Iggy

<div class="quote_poster">CLos Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">I just did this trade:

I received: Michael Redd and Mehmet Okur
    I traded: Raymond Felton, Joel Pryzbilla, and Carlos Boozer

Any thoughts?</div>

You ripped him off. Redd is getting better each year and Okur is solid. But dude, ease up on the trades [​IMG]

9. thedude9990

thedude9990 JBB JustBBall Member

is it to early to start looking to deal AK?

10. Run BJM

Run BJM Heavy lies the crown. Staff Member Global Moderator

<div class="quote_poster">thedude9990 Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">is it to early to start looking to deal AK?</div>

Its always too early too trade AK. Seriously, unless you're getting LeBron I don't know why you'd trade him.

11. AirJordan

AirJordan JBB JustBBall Member

Should I trade Bosh for Camby and Cassell?

12. CLos

CLos JBB=The Originals

<div class="quote_poster">holyace2k2 Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">haha boy you never stop with the trading. i think it's a pretty even trade, redd and okur both give you 3's, while felton has a more all around game and boozer boards.

manu (or m. miller)+ hill for a. miller + granger
    or
    m. miller for a. miller

im trying to improve on assists. who's better manu or mike miller?</div>

Andre Miller is good and gets u apg/steals. I would do it but you have to consider that Mike Miller gets you a lot pts. You should do it if you need assists though.

AirJordan, listen don't trade Bosh yet because he's having a good year and Marcus Camby always gets injured. Shaun Livinston plays a lot of minutes also and takes away from Sam.

Thedude1990, why trade AK-47? The man gets a lot of stats across the board. By the way, I know I trade a lot lol I can't help it. Need to improve my team still. Plan on doing more.

13. Warriorsfan

Warriorsfan JBB JustBBall Member

Should I trade J. Terry + carmelo for lamar odom? i need asissts and rebounds plus terry isnt doing anything. k thanks!

14. adiii

<div class="quote_poster">Run BJM Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Its always too early too trade AK. Seriously, unless you're getting LeBron I don't know why you'd trade him.</div>

Comparing AK to Lebron?? AK is more in the Kidd/Allen type area, maybe a notch below cuz of injuries.

Like Clos said Bosh is healthier, it's an interesting trade cuz a healthy Camby is better than Bosh (Camby is crazy good), but Camby seems to always get injured, I would rather trade Bosh in a deal for Duncan, try to get someone back with TD.

Warriorsfan: Eh, Melo isnt a great fantasy player, just scores, but Terry is good, Lamar will come down to earth eventually, yet will still be better than Terry and Melo individually. It depends if you have someone to step up in for Terry. I guess I would do the trade, people always pop up on the FA.

I didnt get the Andre Miller trade done in both leagues, I try to keep similar teams. One Im giving up, the other:

Jameer and Ginobli for Iggy and A.Miller

I like Jameer a lot, but yeah, we'll see, I doubt it'll go through.

15. thedude9990

thedude9990 JBB JustBBall Member

cause Ak seems struggling in his first few games, anyways any suggestions on who i should try to get with richard jefferson

16. jbbKing23James

jbbKing23James JBB JustBBall Member

ok this is my first year with fantasy basketball its a 12 player league and i have pick 11 first round and 2 in the 2nd round and the pattern continues. Should I draft Caron Butler or Richard Jefferson?

17. Ryan

Ryan BBW Member

What do you guys think about trading Baron Davis and Lamar Odom for Arenas. I never really liked Arenas that much because he's a PG and doesn't get too many assists but, then again, he'll probably finish the year in the top 10 overall.

I'll be getting Arenas.

18. CLos

CLos JBB=The Originals

<div class="quote_poster">ryanfish Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">What do you guys think about trading Baron Davis and Lamar Odom for Arenas. I never really liked Arenas that much because he's a PG and doesn't get too many assists but, then again, he'll probably finish the year in the top 10 overall.

I'll be getting Arenas.</div>

Keep Baron Davis and Odom. They both get good numbers.

Anyways I just did this deal:

I traded:
    Bonzi Wells and Michael Redd

I received:
    Chris Kaman and Chris Paul

19. Ryan

Ryan BBW Member

<div class="quote_poster">CLos Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">I traded:
    Bonzi Wells and Michael Redd

I received:
    Chris Kaman and Chris Paul</div>

Good Deal, IMO

20. AirJordan

AirJordan JBB JustBBall Member

Should I trade

Bosh
    Lebron

for

Dirk
    Wade

or should i replace wade with gilbert arenas?