Official Trade Advice and Help Thread

Discussion in 'Fantasy Basketball' started by Run BJM, Oct 20, 2006.

1. Warriorsfan

Warriorsfan JBB JustBBall Member

Big trade.. hows this deal?

Vince carter + jarret jack + villaneuva + mohammed for okafor + deron williams + danny granger

i have vince carter, and right now i need blks + assists + 3's

also, if i giv away carter, i will have no sg, so i have to either pick up barry, anthony parker, or maybe another person. so tell me wat u guys think! THANKS!

EDIT
    o ya if i trade carter, i wuld take a huge hit in pts, my other good scorers is arenas and barbosa, jamison, and okur. if u need more info tell me. thanks again

2. P.A.P.

P.A.P. JBB Fresh Start

You don't gain assists in this deal. VC, Jack and CV will combine to get a higher APG/Assist total than those 3 combine. You also don't get much 3's in this as VC gets plenty with CV getting a few while Granger and Williams knock down a couple, but don't have big outbursts like VC. You definitely get blocks with Okafor and Granger though.

3. AirJordan

AirJordan JBB JustBBall Member

I just accepted Jason Richardson for Josh Smith (I'm getting Josh Smith) Good deal, or bad?

4. Warriorsfan

P.A.P.,

Won’t I get more assists with deron Williams? And besides villaneuva is injured for awhile right? And he just gives me rebs, which I really don’t need.

Also this trade helps me cuts down my TOs right?

Who shuld i pick up? anthony parker or brent barry?

wat do u others think?

5. adiii

adiii JBB JustBBall Member

i proposed 2 trades to different people...

m. miller + kwame for jameer + murphy

kobe + kwame for paul + okur

i dont think the guy in the 2nd trade would even consider it, but eh whatever.

6. Ryan

Ryan BBW Member

<div class="quote_poster">holyace2k2 Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">i proposed 2 trades to different people...

m. miller + kwame for jameer + murphy

kobe + kwame for paul + okur

i dont think the guy in the 2nd trade would even consider it, but eh whatever.</div>

I'd rather have Kobe/Kwame, in the first trade I'd go with Jameer/Murphy. I've got Jameer stashed on my bench, I think he could go off in the second half just like last season.

What do you think about this trade:
    Deron Williams/ Kevin Martin/ Amare for Garnett

My team is pretty deep, Williams and Martin start but they are in my utility spots and I'm not sure if they can keep up this level of play all season.

7. adiii

<div class="quote_poster">ryanfish Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">I'd rather have Kobe/Kwame, in the first trade I'd go with Jameer/Murphy. I've got Jameer stashed on my bench, I think he could go off in the second half just like last season.

What do you think about this trade:
    Deron Williams/ Kevin Martin/ Amare for Garnett

My team is pretty deep, Williams and Martin start but they are in my utility spots and I'm not sure if they can keep up this level of play all season.</div>

Thanks for replying. That's a tough one. KG is right now prolly the best fantasy player, step ahead of Marion and Lebron. Deron and Martin have been nice surprises and Amare is coming around. I think Deron will be able to keep up his stats, Martin will cool off, I dont know how long he can shoot that well, but he'll still be a nice contributor. If you think your team is deep and can compensate the loss of Deron and Martin, you should do it.

warriorsfan, i dont know...okafor and deron are tearing it up, it's good if they keep it up, i think deron will, okafor might if he doesnt get injured...

airjordan yea, i like josh smith a lot, it killed me to draft him so high this year cuz yahoo ranked him so high. he's helped my fantasy squads ever since he came to the nba.

8. adiii

How bout trading Manu Ginobli for Tracy McGrady?

9. dallasdude

dallasdude JBB JustBBall Member

Help!! Someone just offered me KG and Gasol for Odom, Al Harrington and Darko. Should I go for it?

10. dallasdude

dallasdude JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">holyace2k2 Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">How bout trading Manu Ginobli for Tracy McGrady?</div>

If you're getting Tmac, go for it.

11. adiii

Yea do the trade, usually you have to give up that type of package for KG alone, but you get Gasol too who's coming along. TMac would join an injured roster (thanks to josh smith and rashard), I don't know if my friend would even do the trade, I just thought I woudl throw it out there...

12. ronin

ronin JBB JustBBall Member

somebody offered me andre miller + rasheed wallace for my bosh + jeff foster.

Do you think i should do this trade?

also someone else offered me lebron + deron williams for my marion + iverson.

what do you guys think?

13. adiii

i wouldnt do the 2nd trade at all. 1st trade sheed i think has been slumping, but i dont know his overall overall line. if sheed and andre are both playing well with good season avgs and you need assists, 3s, steals over pts, boards then yea do the trade, ohterwise stay put

14. adiii

Okay, I know most people go against trading KG, but I proposed this:

KG, R. Jefferson, M. Williams, Murphy for A. Jefferson, Okur, AI

Would the other guy even consider this? KG is awesome, but the other three players are on the struggling side.

15. GArenas

GArenas Wiz Fo Champz

<div class="quote_poster">holyace2k2 Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Okay, I know most people go against trading KG, but I proposed this:

KG, R. Jefferson, M. Williams, Murphy for A. Jefferson, Okur, AI

Would the other guy even consider this? KG is awesome, but the other three players are on the struggling side.</div>

You're going to get very solid production back. Al Jefferson and Mehmet Okur will provide rebounding and AI will bring you points and some assists too. However, if the M. Williams is Mo Williams then I will advise against it. So, are you giving away Mo Williams, Marcus Williams x 2, or Marvin Williams.

16. Warriorsfan

when will yahoo fantasy game open?