Official Trade Ideas / Rumors Thread

Discussion in 'Sacramento Kings' started by MR_SAC_KING, Dec 15, 2004.

1. cula

cula JBB JustBBall Member

well now that bjax is out for 3 months sacramento is stuck with about a 7 person rotation and that is inlcuding evans. if there ever was a time to seriously consider pulling some trades that time is now assuming the kings hope to get somewhere this season.
    perhaps trading bjax with his recent health issues may not be too bad an idea, but still a difficult decision no doubt.

2. sactomofo

sactomofo BBW Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting cula:</div><div class="quote_post">well now that bjax is out for 3 months sacramento is stuck with about a 7 person rotation and that is inlcuding evans. if there ever was a time to seriously consider pulling some trades that time is now assuming the kings hope to get somewhere this season.
    perhaps trading bjax with his recent health issues may not be too bad an idea, but still a difficult decision no doubt.</div>

What kind of return do you guys think you could get for Jackson? You gotta remember that he still has a pretty small contract and in my opinion you might be better off trying to resign him because you will be stuck in the same situation if you get another player of similar talent who also has an expiring contract.

3. 44Thrilla

44Thrilla cuatro cuatro

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting sactomofo:</div><div class="quote_post">What kind of return do you guys think you could get for Jackson? You gotta remember that he still has a pretty small contract and in my opinion you might be better off trying to resign him because you will be stuck in the same situation if you get another player of similar talent who also has an expiring contract.</div>
    I personally feel that trying to resign Jackson is a lost cause. It's inevitable that somebody else is going to offer him more money and a starting role. If we can get a good return value, than it might be a good idea to deal him.

4. MR_SAC_KING

MR_SAC_KING JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting 44Thrilla:</div><div class="quote_post">I personally feel that trying to resign Jackson is a lost cause. It's inevitable that somebody else is going to offer him more money and a starting role. If we can get a good return value, than it might be a good idea to deal him.</div>

I'd like to resign Jackson,but like everyone else here...It's more than likely that Jackson won't be in a Kings uniform in the 2005-2006 season [​IMG] ,but if were going to deal Jackson,whom could we get in return???

Any answers to this??

5. sactomofo

sactomofo BBW Member

Sacramento trades: PG Bobby Jackson (11.9 ppg, 3.3 rpg, 2.3 apg in 21.7 minutes)
    Sacramento receives: PG Rafer Alston (13.8 ppg, 3.6 rpg, 6.5 apg in 33.5 minutes)
    Change in team outlook: +1.9 ppg, +0.3 rpg, and +4.2 apg.

Toronto trades: PG Rafer Alston (13.8 ppg, 3.6 rpg, 6.5 apg in 33.5 minutes)
    Toronto receives: PG Bobby Jackson (11.9 ppg, 3.3 rpg, 2.3 apg in 21.7 minutes)
    Change in team outlook: -1.9 ppg, -0.3 rpg, and -4.2 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED

Due to Sacramento and Toronto being over the cap, the 15% trade rule is invoked. Sacramento and Toronto had to be no more than 115% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I doubt that Toronto would do it but if they did Rafer would be a perfect fit. The only thing would be he would have to buy into the team first concept.

6. GiantMidget

GiantMidget JBB JustBBall Member

Kings have an 8-9 man rotation if you count barnes.Evans looks quite promising.

7. PejaForThree

PejaForThree JBB JustBBall Member

If we get Rafer that would be awsome.

8. MR_SAC_KING

MR_SAC_KING JBB JustBBall Member

Rafer wouldn't be a Bad pickup,but if Toronto wants to do that,they could be concerned with 2 things...his current injury and if they can resign him to a long term deal after his contract is up with??

But still,Rafer seems more flexible and more athletic than Jackson,but i would miss Jackson quite a bit if this were to happen.

9. sactomofo

sactomofo BBW Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting GiantMidget:</div><div class="quote_post">Kings have an 8-9 man rotation if you count barnes.Evans looks quite promising.</div>

Yes, but they still are not the 3-pt shooting threat that Jackson. The Kings need to have a guard that can shoot the 3 in order to stretch the defence.

10. harbingerofdoom

harbingerofdoom JBB JustBBall Member

I dont think that toronto would trade alston for jackson because of the injury situation. they might... and the trade would make sense.. Im sure that Jackson wouldnt mind it too much because he would be starting in toronto and toronto would be able to offer more money to resign him when the time comes.

we are still kinda premature to be talking resigning issues with Jackson because the kings hold the option for the next season, not Jackson. But this is a trade I would look at because with Alstons background, athleticism is really not going to be a concern and he has a good shot and can definetly handle the ball. What im not sure of (because i dont get a chance to watch many Toronto games) is how prone to mistakes, bad passes & turnovers is Alston? can someone enlighten me on that part of his game?

11. Phuzer

Phuzer JBB JustBBall Member

Your 2 most tradeable players are probably Stojakovic and Bibby. They are both great players and can score at will. B-Jax is a different matter, because of his numerous injuries and the fact that he is a free agent at the end of the season. If you could convince him for a sign-and-trade, that would be a different matter, but right now, it seems you guys will lose him for... nothing. Somehow you guys should try to get rid of C-Webb, but with that contract and that history of injuires, there won't be a team giving them a serious offer. So right now, there are only 2 good players who are able to be dealth from Sac-town.

12. sactomofo

sactomofo BBW Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting harbingerofdoom:</div><div class="quote_post">I dont think that toronto would trade alston for jackson because of the injury situation. they might... and the trade would make sense.. Im sure that Jackson wouldnt mind it too much because he would be starting in toronto and toronto would be able to offer more money to resign him when the time comes.

we are still kinda premature to be talking resigning issues with Jackson because the kings hold the option for the next season, not Jackson. But this is a trade I would look at because with Alstons background, athleticism is really not going to be a concern and he has a good shot and can definetly handle the ball. What im not sure of (because i dont get a chance to watch many Toronto games) is how prone to mistakes, bad passes & turnovers is Alston? can someone enlighten me on that part of his game?</div>

Sadly, living in Canada, all of the Raptors games are on T.V. [​IMG] I haven't watched too many Raptor games but from what I've seen, Alston has always been the most stable player on the floor. He doesn't make many mistakes and stat for stat he has a better assist-to-turnover ratio to Jackson
    Alston 6.7 to 2.27
    Jackson 2.3 to 1.13

If you are right Harbinger (and I assume you are) and the Kings do hold a club option on Jackson for the following season, then I agree. The talks of trading him are premature. But on the other hand, by him having a club option, it could make him more attractive to another team to see what he can to, get him to buy into thier system and then re-sign him. That is, of course, if the Kings have no chance of re-signing him.

Don't get me wrong, I want Bobby Jackson to stay in a Kings uniform for as long as possible. Who knows, maybe he likes the city and the team and might sacrifice some money to stay in Sac?

13. sactomofo

sactomofo BBW Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Phuzer:</div><div class="quote_post">Your 2 most tradeable players are probably Stojakovic and Bibby. They are both great players and can score at will. B-Jax is a different matter, because of his numerous injuries and the fact that he is a free agent at the end of the season. If you could convince him for a sign-and-trade, that would be a different matter, but right now, it seems you guys will lose him for... nothing. Somehow you guys should try to get rid of C-Webb, but with that contract and that history of injuires, there won't be a team giving them a serious offer. So right now, there are only 2 good players who are able to be dealth from Sac-town.</div>

Why would we want to trade Webber now since he has become the team MVP again. This season he leads the team in scoring, rebounding and is second on the team in assists. Plus, he is the heart and soul of this franchise.
    And there is no way Mike Bibby is going anywhere.

14. stkf

stkf BBW Member

Trade Idea

we should get rid of DC...get some depth

take the risk of Barnes and KMart @ SG

we can get some serious depht for DC

15. 44Thrilla

44Thrilla cuatro cuatro

We already have a thread for potential trades.

Thread Closed.

16. stkf

stkf BBW Member

Smart Move: Go After Jimmy Jax

Jackson reportedly will not report to New Orleans and wants traded

KINGS SHOULD GO AFTER HIM, you think?

17. sactomofo

sactomofo BBW Member

That could be a perfect solution. Maybe offer up this year's first rounder... hopefully that would be enough. If the cost is not too high, that could be the perfect solution.

18. harbingerofdoom

harbingerofdoom JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting sactomofo:</div><div class="quote_post">That could be a perfect solution. Maybe offer up this year's first rounder... hopefully that would be enough. If the cost is not too high, that could be the perfect solution.</div>I wouldnt trade him this year... too much promise for a team that is getting older. I would have to give him 2 full years to really know what you have on your hands with Martin... besides, if you really want to have something to look at as far as which way Petrie leans with young guys with talent, look no further than Wallace who sat on the bench for three years with the Kings simply because he had the skills, but never really could perform when it counted. The Kings were hoping that he would come into his game.
    I think the same thing is going to happen with Martin, the Kings will keep him around for at least 2 to 3 years to see what he can do.

19. sactomofo

sactomofo BBW Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting harbingerofdoom:</div><div class="quote_post">I wouldnt trade him this year... too much promise for a team that is getting older. I would have to give him 2 full years to really know what you have on your hands with Martin... besides, if you really want to have something to look at as far as which way Petrie leans with young guys with talent, look no further than Wallace who sat on the bench for three years with the Kings simply because he had the skills, but never really could perform when it counted. The Kings were hoping that he would come into his game.
    I think the same thing is going to happen with Martin, the Kings will keep him around for at least 2 to 3 years to see what he can do.</div>

Nah, I meant the 1st round pick in the 2005 draft. I agree, I like Maritn a lot and I think that he can be a solid player for years to come.

20. stkf

stkf BBW Member

we should try to go after these ppl

Derrick Coleman: Quality Vet
    Smush Parker: Still Young, very athletic
    (both cut by pistons)

Keon Clark: he was a beast in sacto... why not give him another shot

Jimmy J: trade NOH for him... Why? he is a beast