Offseason 2014

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by OneLifeToLive, Feb 16, 2014.

1. OneLifeToLive

OneLifeToLive Well-Known Member

I could be jumping the gun on this, but it is seemingly looking and feeling like we are playing for next season and seasons there after. Which leads me to this question.

Does Portland have enough resources in the off season to get them any closer to an NBA title? They're without a draft pick. I know they can do things in free agency. But can they do anymore to open the window any wider than it is now? You would like to see them do more to open now. But It feels like the organization has resigned on the current season from the top down. Which is taking me to the off season.

What are your thoughts?

2. Schilly

Schilly Well-Known Member

As the season develops the staff will have a better feel for the development of our young reserves, and what areas need to be addressed. We will have about 6mil with the MLE that we can use to help bolster the bench.

Sent from my LG-LS995 using Tapatalk

3. GriLtCheeZ

GriLtCheeZ "Well, I'm not lookin' for trouble."

Gleaming the Cubicle
    As far as assets go, won't the blazers be able to begin using their future 1st round picks in trades as soon as this years pick is officially transferred to Charlotte?

4. ponderguy

ponderguy Member

i think so

5. oldmangrouch

oldmangrouch persona non grata

IIRC, the team cannot trade their #1 in 2015. How do you evaluate the value of their 2016 pick this far out? They have no other assets to trade, as Mo has already said he will opt out. The only thing they can do this off season is use the MLE.

More to the point, we have seen the fallacy of "wait till next year." The team is just as likely to regress next season as improve. If nothing else, the team's good luck with injuries is unlikely to hold.

ponderguy likes this.
  6. Hobbesarable

Hobbesarable Cartoon Character

The best way to improve this squad will begin in-house with the defense. In my opinion, that's priority #1 for the 2014 offseason.

7. MARIS61

MARIS61 Real American

retired Yankee
    My thought is that your soul is fraught with fear and doubt. You seem to have given up on the season a couple of weeks ago. Live in the here and now. Nobody ever won a title "next year".

Have a little faith in your team. These guys are the real deal, and they're quietly going about their business in a methodical manner. With some real, honest, rabid encouragement from proud and loud fans, they could go all the way. :cheers:

[video=youtube;jfgnc6Ey0q0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfgnc6Ey0q0[/video]

8. OneLifeToLive

OneLifeToLive Well-Known Member

What does someone that spends their time debunking Jesus Christ know about 'souls' and 'faith'?

HailBlazers likes this.