Offseason Free Agency and Trades Thread

Discussion in 'Toronto Raptors' started by og15, Apr 21, 2005.

1. Bobcats

Bobcats JBB JustBBall Member

^ Jason Hart is being traded to Sacramento.

2. urbannomad23

urbannomad23 JBB JustBBall Member

oh what! i didnt know that. it kinda makes sense though cuz off bobby jackson leaving sactown. thanks for the headsup.[​IMG]

3. P.A.P.

P.A.P. JBB Fresh Start

So if everything goes as plan our roster should look this soon

PG Alston/Calderon/Cook or Palacio
    SG Peterson/Jackson/Alvin
    SF Rose/Graham/Murray(ugh)
    PF Bosh/Villanueva
    -C Araujo/Sow/Woods

Our lineups are solid, but the Center posistion still lacks. Hopefully Sow and Hoffa will develop this season and CV will get some time there.

Still a lot to be done though before we Jackson and Cook/Palacio on the roster before we see A-Train and E-Dub gone.

I'm hopeful that we re-sign Bonner, but I doubt that we do. His tone and comments on Friday to the media made me want to re-sign him more. He seems like one of the few people that actually want to be in TO ahead of 29 other teams.

4. Bobcats

Palacio isn't coming back for sure. He is unrestricted I believe, and Omar Cook is better than him anyway. I have to say though, the Raptors bench looks SOLID.

5. P.A.P.

P.A.P. JBB Fresh Start

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Bobcats:</div><div class="quote_post">Palacio isn't coming back for sure.</div>

Always possible. Doug Smith of The Star was talking about Palacio re-signing as a 3rd stringer now that McInnis signed with the Nets.

6. Bobcats

Well, even though he is the greatest PG of all time ( [​IMG] ), I don't think he will be able display his world class talents in TO. [​IMG]

All kidding aside, I havn't heard anything about Babcock talking to Palacio or anything. Also, I just don't want him back. I'd rather let Cook and Calderon get the minutes left by Palacio.

7. MAKEOUTCITY

MAKEOUTCITY JBB JustBBall Member

Alston better quit bitching this season and just play the game. Calderon seems like a great sign for the Raps and maybe grab another veteran point guard to add to the mix - quite possible Travis Best, who is Jalen's ex-teammate back in Pacers. I believe Palacio is heading to the Nets...so the signing of Best is even more likely.

8. Mr.Wade

Mr.Wade JBB The Canadian Dream

I also don't want Milt on our team.

Where's Dan Dickau going? I haven't heard anything about him or any teams going after him. He sure isn't staying in N.O with Paul being the starter.

9. Carcharias

Carcharias JBB JustBBall Member

Jalen Rose
    Aaron Williams
    Loren Woods

----> L.A Lakers

<--- Toronto

Brian Grant
    Chris Mihm

10. Bobcats

I'm not sure how many years Grant's contract has, but he's way overpaid. 14 Million I believe. Horrible trade.

11. VinKanaddy

VinKanaddy JBB JustBBall Member

I'd much rather keep Jalen Rose than to trade him for Brian Grant.

12. asdf

asdf JBB JustBBall Member

Brian Grant is going to be waived anyway, so there's no point in picking up such a gigantic contract.

13. Carcharias

Carcharias JBB JustBBall Member

Mo Pete
    Eric Williams
    Rafer Alston

---> to Boston
    <--- to Toronto

Ricky Davis
    Mark Blount

14. Mr.Wade

Mr.Wade JBB The Canadian Dream

You like making up these trades huh Carcharias.

I don't think Boston wants to give up Ricky Davis, and getting Alston would stunt the growth of the young PGs Boston has. Although I think they want to get rid of Mark Blount, they already have a logjam at SG and SF so bringing in Mo Pete and Ewill together... not good.

15. the_rap

the_rap JBB JustBBall Member

I was just wondering if we already used the amnesty rule on mourning in order to waive Alonzo Mourning....because if we didn't, then we could use that on one of the williams or murray even so that will give us more space to sign people like Bonner, Cook or maybe even Steven Hunter which I think will give us a real boost in the C spot and he probably will ask for only a million or so. And we all know our hopes of getting Duhon are pretty much over so Cook would be our only option left and he would play as the third PG and I wouldn't mind that much. If all this happens...which will be unlikely, I think we actually have a chance at the playoffs in 3 or 4 years with the expiration of big contracts like Rose and stuff....

16. VinKanaddy

VinKanaddy JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting the_rap:</div><div class="quote_post">I was just wondering if we already used the amnesty rule on mourning in order to waive Alonzo Mourning....because if we didn't, then we could use that on one of the williams or murray even so that will give us more space to sign people like Bonner, Cook or maybe even Steven Hunter which I think will give us a real boost in the C spot and he probably will ask for only a million or so. And we all know our hopes of getting Duhon are pretty much over so Cook would be our only option left and he would play as the third PG and I wouldn't mind that much. If all this happens...which will be unlikely, I think we actually have a chance at the playoffs in 3 or 4 years with the expiration of big contracts like Rose and stuff....</div>

Just a correction, the amnesty rule can be used on as many players on the roster as a team wants. There's no limitation that allows only one player to be waived.

17. illistic

illistic JBB JustBBall Member

By waiving Mourning, it only means his salary won't count towards the luxury tax. However, his salary still is under our books and we still have to pay him. So, this doesn't really give us more salary space for signing other players, but only acts as a relief to the team from having to pay the penalty. Besides, Hunter will be looking for more than just $1 million anyways..

18. Bobcats

We don't have to use the amnesty rule on anybody, because we arn't in luxury tax range yet.

19. P.A.P.

P.A.P. JBB Fresh Start

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Bobcats:</div><div class="quote_post">We don't have to use the amnesty rule on anybody, because we arn't in luxury tax range yet.</div>

Yea but if we ever meet the luxury tax figure, then Zo's contract won't count against the luxury tax.

20. the_rap

the_rap JBB JustBBall Member

I thought there was a special rule that a player can be waived and they wont be payed or no luxury tax is added to the team and that exception can only be used once...nevermind then, I guess I got confused. But we can still sign steven hunter assuming that Duhon signing doesn't work out. And I said nothing about him getting payed 1 million a year....maybe 2 million will do.