Offseason Layout By J-Rich23

Discussion in 'Golden State Warriors' started by .cabangbang, Apr 28, 2005.

1. Custodianrules2

Custodianrules2 Cohan + Rowell = Suck

Mark Blount did kind of retract from last year where he was one of the most improved players in the NBA and averaged a double double. He's got post game, though...

It's definitely true that you want your center to be your last line of defense and protect that hoop. Murphy ain't going to do it and neither will Zarko Cabarkapa. Can PJ Brown play some center? I was actually thinking what if we trade our #9 + Foyle to New Orleans for PJ Brown? (Does that even work?). I mean I know how we always love draft picks and that it could be something more if we get a star player in the draft, but is this the right time when the team is showing signs of turning the corner?

With PJ Brown, we would get a guy that's a hardworking, tough double double machine and he's a veteran you don't have to develop. He's also a good team player, can set some good picks and screens. Guys who know basketball like Baron and Dun and Montgomery would appreciate him.

I think our game is missing some "Dale Davis/motivated Erick Dampier" type toughness in the middle and maybe PJ Brown can do that at power forward or center. What do you guys think?

I wish we could just do it for Jamal Magloire. But is that possible?

New Orleans seems like they're pretty intent on holding on to him because he's young and big men that can defend and score are a rarity. Baron Davis did complain that his old team wasn't open court enough and they didn't run as much. Would Magloire slow the Warriors down if he was the type that needed to be fed in the post? Would he be too selfish when he gets the ball and not look to kick out when doubled? I almost feel we're better off with a hardworking veteran type of big man or young athletic big man that can play center as well as power forward (which might come out in the draft).

2. .cabangbang

.cabangbang BBW Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting custodianrules2:</div><div class="quote_post">Mark Blount did kind of retract from last year where he was one of the most improved players in the NBA and averaged a double double. He's got post game, though...

It's definitely true that you want your center to be your last line of defense and protect that hoop. Murphy ain't going to do it and neither will Zarko Cabarkapa. Can PJ Brown play some center? I was actually thinking what if we trade our #9 + Foyle to New Orleans for PJ Brown? (Does that even work?). I mean I know how we always love draft picks and that it could be something more if we get a star player in the draft, but is this the right time when the team is showing signs of turning the corner?

With PJ Brown, we would get a guy that's a hardworking, tough double double machine and he's a veteran you don't have to develop. He's also a good team player, can set some good picks and screens. Guys who know basketball like Baron and Dun and Montgomery would appreciate him.

I think our game is missing some "Dale Davis/motivated Erick Dampier" type toughness in the middle and maybe PJ Brown can do that at power forward or center. What do you guys think?

I wish we could just do it for Jamal Magloire. But is that possible?

</div>
    Magloire is the guy I want. He can play down low, know B-Diddys game, plays D. He is what we need...

3. REREM

REREM JBB JustBBall Member

For what it costs to get Magliore,I think we could get T Chandler,who is as good now and is steadily improving. We could bid on jerome James,but would need to do another deal first to get cap room,probably. I'm not too worried about Foyle-Biedrens at C next year with some help from Murphy,but with D Jones and Pittsnogle possible draft steals,a 3rd C would be great,especially if he can play,and comes cheap

4. Custodianrules2

I don't know how we would do that considering Bulls could match any offer for Tyson Chandler, not to mention we have no cap to sign him. He'd have to want to come here and do a sign and trade and the Bulls would have to want our #9 or one of our rookies.

Jamal Magloire, the Hornets may or may not hold onto. He's kind of a bit overrated, but he's a rare solid big man.

5. UltimateWarrior

UltimateWarrior JBB JustBBall Member

According to Larry Lee at the Mercurynews forum the Warriors are over the cap and wouldn't be able to take on Magloire's contract. He also says Dunleavy will be shopped this offseason so if they try to trade him for a PF/C, they would need to have a similar size contract. Dude is usually pretty legit with his info so we'll what happens.

6. .cabangbang

.cabangbang BBW Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting custodianrules2:</div><div class="quote_post">I don't know how we would do that considering Bulls could match any offer for Tyson Chandler, not to mention we have no cap to sign him. He'd have to want to come here and do a sign and trade and the Bulls would have to want our #9 or one of our rookies.

Jamal Magloire, the Hornets may or may not hold onto. He's kind of a bit overrated, but he's a rare solid big man.</div>
    I would not do Chandler for the sign and trade. He's a good defender, but he just not worth the money. He could improve offensively, and then maybe he'd be worth it...

7. Custodianrules2

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting UltimateWarrior:</div><div class="quote_post">According to Larry Lee at the Mercurynews forum the Warriors are over the cap and wouldn't be able to take on Magloire's contract. He also says Dunleavy will be shopped this offseason so if they try to trade him for a PF/C, they would need to have a similar size contract. Dude is usually pretty legit with his info so we'll what happens.</div> He probably means that Magloire's contract is soon to be expiring and he'll become a unrestricted free agent. This means we can't re-sign him like we do with players who have "bird rights" status and are restricted free agents to us.

That would be in 2007, though.

8. REREM

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting J-Rich23:</div><div class="quote_post">I would not do Chandler for the sign and trade. He's a good defender, but he just not worth the money. He could improve offensively, and then maybe he'd be worth it...</div>
    I saw Chandler yesterday-and he has improved offensively. That Chandler's whole game has improved so much this year and as a restricted,as is Curry, Chi will be looking at bidding pushing prices up.. I'd hope Foyle,Dunleavy,our 06 # 1 and an 05 #2 would do it. I'd go that far. If they want more,I'd listen. I see Chandler as a young multi-skill 7 footer improving at a real good pace,and very well suited to the fast pace game the W's adopted. I see nobody else we could hope to get who can do so much now and appears to still be developing furthur.

9. Custodianrules2

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting REREM:</div><div class="quote_post">I saw Chandler yesterday-and he has improved offensively. That Chandler's whole game has improved so much this year and as a restricted,as is Curry, Chi will be looking at bidding pushing prices up.. I'd hope Foyle,Dunleavy,our 06 # 1 and an 05 #2 would do it. I'd go that far. If they want more,I'd listen. I see Chandler as a young multi-skill 7 footer improving at a real good pace,and very well suited to the fast pace game the W's adopted. I see nobody else we could hope to get who can do so much now and appears to still be developing furthur.</div>
    I bet some other teams can match that, so I doubt we could get him unless he specifically wanted to play for us. Lakers, for instance can give the Bulls Chris Mihm + swap this year's draft pick if they wanted to or part with Lamar Odom and keep their future picks and this years pick. If they think Curry will be healthy and is the wave of the future, Odom is not a bad player to have since he can spread the floor and feed the big man.

Our '06 #1 probably won't be much if we're projected to be the team with the 10th best record in the NBA and make the playoffs so we'd probably have to offer a lot more if they take on Foyle's bad contract and they take on Dunleavy who only has one year left to decide on.

10. REREM

I figure it's a long shot the W's do a big deal,and I really would not want to make a trade where we give a lot to get no more than a very slight upgrade at one spot. That we got Baron fairly cheap,that teams do get deals that are a lot better---or worse than would seem likely, is a fact. I don't have a specific that I know both sides would like,but,I would start talking to the Bulls. Getting Chandler can be a long term answer to the annual pressure to take ANY big body in the draft. We also don't go dealing a lot for some C who,once here,proves no better than who we have.
    Want a plan B? Mutumbo. At this point,no longer a full timer but in a part time role,can be a big plus for a few years. So far,I am pretty sure he is unrestricted. His price tag will be reasonable,based on his age,part timer status. Mutumbo would add big,inside presence,especially D,RBDs. As his effectiveness fades,Biedrens will be ever more experianced and skilled. We sometimes want a C who is big,sometimes one who is more mobile-so we'd have options.

11. Run BJM

Run BJM Heavy lies the crown. Staff Member Global Moderator

yeah, i dont see much likelyhood of a major off-season move unless we get a good player that a team is trying to get rid of, like how we got Baron.

12. Zhone

Zhone JBB JustBBall Member

As far as Mutumbo, he's probably heavily considering retirement. His numbers and minutes have gone down dramatically over the past few years and even though he's accepted his backup role with the Rockets, he's not really the kind of player you consider a 12th man, which is what his minutes may dwindle too should he return on most teams.

13. Custodianrules2

I'm not sure why we'd even want Mutombo. We're a running team aren't we? Plan B, should be a guy that can at least run the floor. But I like the ideas.

14. Zhone

Zhone JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting custodianrules2:</div><div class="quote_post">I'm not sure why we'd even want Mutombo. We're a running team aren't we? Plan B, should be a guy that can at least run the floor. But I like the ideas.</div>

I agree that a reserve big man should be able to run with the Warriors offense. That's why I consider such guys like Pachulia, Elson or Hunter, among the other guys mentioned, because nearly all of them can run or keep up with a running attack, who are on the younger side, and who are solid shotblockers (since Murphy can handle rebounds pretty well, but can't block a shot to save his life). (My listing was back over here.)

15. .cabangbang

.cabangbang BBW Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Zhone:</div><div class="quote_post">I agree that a reserve big man should be able to run with the Warriors offense. That's why I consider such guys like Pachulia, Elson or Hunter, among the other guys mentioned, because nearly all of them can run or keep up with a running attack, who are on the younger side, and who are solid shotblockers (since Murphy can handle rebounds pretty well, but can't block a shot to save his life). (My listing was back over here.)</div>
    I still say we should go for Magloire. I'd do whatever needed even if it means trading Foyle, Fisher and Dunleavy for Magloire, and Lynch. Magloire is the answer to our prayers. We need to get him. But as Zhonr said, I could settle for Pachuila....

16. Run BJM

Run BJM Heavy lies the crown. Staff Member Global Moderator

I doubt NO would go for any big contracts that arent expiring. The only reason i could see them taking Foyle or Fish is if we throw in J-Rich or Pietrus. Also, Magloire is still pretty young, if they have him they could easily throw in any of the top 3 picks of this years draft to make a good team for next year.

17. Custodianrules2

This was discussed before... I don't know why it keeps coming up, but Magloire for Fisher/Foyle/Dunleavy is not a sensible trade for New Orleans... and Run BJM beat me to it in explaining why it isn't if it doesn't include Zarko or Pietrus.

18. .cabangbang

.cabangbang BBW Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting custodianrules2:</div><div class="quote_post">This was discussed before... I don't know why it keeps coming up, but Magloire for Fisher/Foyle/Dunleavy is not a sensible trade for New Orleans... and Run BJM beat me to it in explaining why it isn't if it doesn't include Zarko or Pietrus.</div>
    I know. Sorry. I just really want him!

19. Custodianrules2

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting J-Rich23:</div><div class="quote_post">I know. Sorry. I just really want him!</div>
    I know, I feel the same way about Natalie Portman and Angelina Jolie. [​IMG]

20. REREM

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting custodianrules2:</div><div class="quote_post">I know, I feel the same way about Natalie Portman and Angelina Jolie. http://www.justbball.com/images/smilies/biggrin.gif"></div>
    I