Offseason plan by Run BJM

Discussion in 'Golden State Warriors' started by Run BJM, May 1, 2005.

1. Zhone

Zhone JBB JustBBall Member

See, that's the problem with trading Fisher - we're extremely limited because of Mullin's choice to give him so many years. Because of his contract we'd have to trade him for other bad contracts... thus negating the whole purpose of getting better. If Adonal and/or Fisher were only for 3-4 years, it'd be manageable. Now we can only hope that they retire before they finish their contract?

2. Run BJM

Run BJM Heavy lies the crown. Staff Member Global Moderator

I'd rather have Fisher than Snow too but I really think he should be primarily the back-up for Baron Davis, not the 6th man. Pietrus has earned that spot IMO.

3. Run BJM

Could we do a Fisher for S&T Jeff McInnis + filler? Maybe add in Jiri Welsch or Tractor Traylor.

4. Custodianrules2

Custodianrules2 Cohan + Rowell = Suck

All good points, Zhone, BJM, but we're not even sure if Pietrus will get offers from other teams and we would have to come out and match those offers just to keep him. There's a chance he'll put pressure on the team through the media to either get more minutes, demand we trade him so he can start, or something. I don't mind Fisher's offensive game if he's playing within himself, but man he needs that extra dude that will feed him after collapsing defenses.

5. Run BJM

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting custodianrules2:</div><div class="quote_post"> I don't mind Fisher's offensive game if he's playing within himself, but man he needs that extra dude that will feed him after collapsing defenses.</div>

Hopefully that will be J-Rich and Piertus next season though the last thing I see Pietrus doing when driving is looking to pass. (but thats not necessarily a bad thing)

6. Custodianrules2

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Run BJM:</div><div class="quote_post">Could we do a Fisher for S&T Jeff McInnis + filler? Maybe add in Jiri Welsch or Tractor Traylor.</div>
    I dunno I used to like Jeff McInnis, but he's been kind of a headcase toward the end of the Cavs season, plus his defense seems to have taken a step back than his previous years. Also he lacks range. If McInnis is only asking for a few more years, then it could be worth it. Having Luke Jackson/Jiri Welsch would be nice, but they're more guard-like than they are forward-like.

Traylor has a friendly contract, some post game, some passing, some shot touch, and slow mobility.

I think if we can't get anything solid this season, just don't do anything and build on the momentum from the second half of the previous season. Keep Fisher for now since he's clutch and pretty much automatic with a wide open shot with his feet set.

7. Kwan1031

Kwan1031 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Zhone:</div><div class="quote_post">See, that's the problem with trading Fisher - we're extremely limited because of Mullin's choice to give him so many years. Because of his contract we'd have to trade him for other bad contracts... thus negating the whole purpose of getting better. If Adonal and/or Fisher were only for 3-4 years, it'd be manageable. Now we can only hope that they retire before they finish their contract?</div>

Ahaha. Knowing that they can collect millions of dollars with one leg, I seriously doubt that they will retire [​IMG] . Yeah, trading Fisher is quite a problem for us. In terms of cap point, we would like to receive an expiring contract for Fisher, and take a chance from FA market or a draft for back up PG. But, chance of getting expiring contract for Fisher is quite low. Also, Fisher was rather good back up PG, who produced 12 pts/4 ast for us, so we don't want a player like Snow, who may be completely useless with a year or two shoter contract. And, nobody will give a real value for Fisher. So, basically we are in the middle of nowhere.

Still, some sort of salary dump is necessary in the near future, and no matter what kind of dump it is, it will hurt quite a bit for us. And, that the homework Mullin must solve...

8. Custodianrules2

Oh well, hope is not lost because there's bound to be some team in the future that can't shoot worth crap and is overly reliant on just pure athleticism for scoring. Denver Nuggets were looking pretty bad until they got guys like Wesley Person, who can still flat out shoot and had the new coach get the team organized in the open court and on defense. Damar Johnson's jumper also improved, but it's hard to find good shooters in the NBA that also understand what they have to do on the defensive end. Usually with pure shooters, it's either offense, but not the defense and most defenders it's either just the defense, but not the offense. I could say Fisher does both ends of the floor relatively well as long as he's playing within himself and he gets help in creating his shots and trapping his assignment so he doesn't get by the perimeter defenses.

9. Run BJM

Im on to sometihing.

Golden State Trade Breakdown
    Outgoing

Rodney White
    6-9 SF from North Carolina-Charlotte
    5.0 ppg, 1.5 rpg, 0.8 apg in 11.7 minutes

Mike Dunleavy
    6-9 SF from Duke
    13.4 ppg, 5.5 rpg, 2.6 apg in 32.5 minutes

Derek Fisher
    6-1 PG from Arkansas-Little Rock
    11.8 ppg, 3.0 rpg, 4.1 apg in 30.0 minutes

Adonal Foyle
    6-10 C from Colgate
    4.5 ppg, 5.5 rpg, 0.7 apg in 21.8 minutes
    Incoming

Elton Brand
    6-8 PF from Duke
    20.0 ppg, 9.5 rpg, 2.6 apg in 37.0 minutes

Chris Kaman
    7-0 C from Central Michigan
    9.1 ppg, 6.7 rpg, 1.2 apg in 25.9 minutes
    Change in team outlook: -5.6 ppg, +0.7 rpg, and -4.4 apg.

L.A. Clippers Trade Breakdown
    Outgoing

Elton Brand
    6-8 PF from Duke
    20.0 ppg, 9.5 rpg, 2.6 apg in 37.0 minutes

Chris Kaman
    7-0 C from Central Michigan
    9.1 ppg, 6.7 rpg, 1.2 apg in 25.9 minutes
    Incoming

Rodney White

Mike Dunleavy
    6-9 SF from Duke

Derek Fisher

Adonal Foyle
    6-10 C from Colgate
    Change in team outlook: +5.6 ppg, -0.7 rpg, and +4.4 apg.

Successful Scenario
    Due to Golden State and L.A. Clippers being over the cap, the 15% trade rule is invoked. Golden State and L.A. Clippers had to be no more than 115% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

I think we would have to give a draft pick at least or swap Rodney White with Peitrus.

10. Run BJM

Note that the above trade will also work if we trade Chabarkapa in there instead of White. This makes more sense for LAC as he can play SF, PF, and C.

11. Custodianrules2

Clippers would never do it, but I like the creativity.

Well let me think about this: If Sterling thinks a guy like Shareef Abudr Rahim or some PF free agent can fill in and be the 20/10 guy (without the defense) for cheap and Dunleavy Sr. gets his boy playing on his team, it might work. But it all depends on why Clippers would even consider trading their "franchise player" for guys like Foyle/Fish who are paid quite a bit of money themselves.

The Clippers looked like they were turning the corner, but they had some major injuries (Marko Jaric/Shaun Livingston/Chris Wilcox was injured some/Kerry Kittles was out the entire season practically/Kaman was hurt/Maggette was hurt, etc etc).

But you never know with an owner like Donald Sterling. He is probably one of the worst owners in basketball because he's cheap.

12. Run BJM

Here is a much more plausible one:

Outgoing

Adonal Foyle
    6-10 C from Colgate

Derek Fisher

Mike Dunleavy
    6-9 SF from Duke
    Incoming

Jumaine Jones
    6-8 SF from Georgia
    7.6 ppg, 5.2 rpg, 0.9 apg in 24.1 minutes

Chris Mihm
    7-0 C from Texas
    9.8 ppg, 6.7 rpg, 0.7 apg in 24.9 minutes

Chucky Atkins
    5-11 PG from South Florida
    13.6 ppg, 2.4 rpg, 4.4 apg in 35.4 minutes

Vlade Divac
    7-1 C from Serbia
    2.3 ppg, 2.1 rpg, 1.3 apg in 8.7 minutes
    Change in team outlook: +3.6 ppg, +2.4 rpg, and -0.1 apg.

L.A. Lakers Trade Breakdown
    Outgoing

Jumaine Jones
    6-8 SF from Georgia
    7.6 ppg, 5.2 rpg, 0.9 apg in 24.1 minutes

Chris Mihm
    7-0 C from Texas
    9.8 ppg, 6.7 rpg, 0.7 apg in 24.9 minutes

Chucky Atkins
    5-11 PG from South Florida
    13.6 ppg, 2.4 rpg, 4.4 apg in 35.4 minutes

Vlade Divac
    7-1 C from Serbia
    2.3 ppg, 2.1 rpg, 1.3 apg in 8.7 minutes
    Incoming

Adonal Foyle
    6-10 C from Colgate

Derek Fisher

Mike Dunleavy
    6-9 SF from Duke
    Change in team outlook: -3.6 ppg, -2.4 rpg, and +0.1 apg.

Successful Scenario
    Due to Golden State and L.A. Lakers being over the cap, the 15% trade rule is invoked. Golden State and L.A. Lakers had to be no more than 115% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

GS gets two expiring contracts, good shooting and defensive SF, and a scoring shot blocking C. LA gets a clutch veteran and fan-favorite back as well as a good defensive center and a young forwardwho can do it all (and has an expiring contract) We would also probably have to throw in some picks.

13. Custodianrules2

I think we've already done that one. It doesn't help the Lakers that much.

14. Run BJM

Other incentives are that Fisher is a player who doesn't hate Kobe, as Atkins seems to, Vlade (Serbia) is from the same region as Zarko (Serbia-Montenegro)

15. Custodianrules2

In fact, Vlade is an expiring contract if he extends his player option. That's pretty valuable to the Lakers.

I think for any trade scenario worth discussing it has to be plausible for the other team. Like if you were a Lakers/Clippers fan what would you do?

Frankly, I don't think there's any way to trade Foyle or Fisher because Dunleavy isn't a strong enough selling point. Even if he was, we'd probably want to keep him.

16. Custodianrules2

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Run BJM:</div><div class="quote_post">Other incentives are that Fisher is a player who doesn't hate Kobe, as Atkins seems to, Vlade (Serbia) is from the same region as Zarko (Serbia-Montenegro)</div> Although Vlade's contract isn't that big, it could be an expiring contract for some team and Chucky Atkins' contract is also expiring. Add those two together and it's cap relief for some team who wants to dump some overpaid talent.

Again, you gotta ask yourself what can I do to improve the Lakers team so you can remove the bias you have as a Warrior fan. For that you have to know what the Lakers are trying to do and follow them somewhat or read what the other knowledgeable Laker fans are writing to get an idea of what the Laker team needs. If you just do one-sided Warriors trades, other fans just won't take whatever scenarios you write seriously and you lose some credibility in your posts. I'm just telling the way it is, so some Clipper or Laker fan doesn't start calling you out because they were offended by the trade idea. [​IMG]

17. Run BJM

How about this?

Orlando Trade Breakdown
    Outgoing

Kelvin Cato
    6-11 C from Iowa State
    7.0 ppg, 6.7 rpg, 0.7 apg in 24.6 minutes

Pat Garrity
    6-9 SF from Notre Dame
    4.6 ppg, 1.8 rpg, 0.4 apg in 13.4 minutes
    Incoming

Adonal Foyle
    6-10 C from Colgate

Mike Dunleavy
    6-9 SF from Duke

Rodney White
    Change in team outlook: +11.3 ppg, +4.0 rpg, and +3.0 apg.

Outgoing

Adonal Foyle
    6-10 C from Colgate

Mike Dunleavy
    6-9 SF from Duke

Rodney White
    Incoming

Kelvin Cato
    6-11 C from Iowa State
    7.0 ppg, 6.7 rpg, 0.7 apg in 24.6 minutes

Pat Garrity
    6-9 SF from Notre Dame
    4.6 ppg, 1.8 rpg, 0.4 apg in 13.4 minutes
    Change in team outlook: -11.3 ppg, -4.0 rpg, and -3.0 apg.

Successful Scenario
    Due to Orlando and Golden State being over the cap, the 15% trade rule is invoked. Orlando and Golden State had to be no more than 115% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

18. Run BJM

Here is another (assuming we also give up our first rounder):

Outgoing

Derek Fisher

Mike Dunleavy
    6-9 SF from Duke
    Incoming

Rashard Lewis
    6-10 SF from Alief Elsik HS (TX)
    20.5 ppg, 5.5 rpg, 1.3 apg in 38.0 minutes
    Change in team outlook: -4.7 ppg, -3.0 rpg, and -5.4 apg.

Seattle Trade Breakdown
    Outgoing

Rashard Lewis
    Incoming

Derek Fisher

Mike Dunleavy
    6-9 SF from Duke
    Change in team outlook: +4.7 ppg, +3.0 rpg, and +5.4 apg.

Successful Scenario
    Due to Golden State and Seattle being over the cap, the 15% trade rule is invoked. Golden State and Seattle had to be no more than 115% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

Trade ID
    Every trade made by fans is allocated a unique Trade ID which you can share with friends and fellow basketball fans to allow them to see your trade scenario. The Trade ID for this scenario is 2365636.

I dont even know why SEA would do this but Dunleavy's contract is expiring.

19. Custodianrules2

If Orlando feels they can't get anything better for Kelvin Cato, they might. Otherwise they might hold onto him to see which teams will bite on the trade deadline. I think I might have mentioned using Dun as a cheap back up if Grant Hill goes down again (this time for good and retires).

One thing you didn't point out was that Hedo Turkoglu is under contract for quite a bit. Why do they need Dunleavy unless the plan is to move Grant Hill because of his large contract and bum ankle? Sometimes you need to explain these things so it makes sense to yourself and your audience.

Try to explain your trades and analyze it before posting it and ask yourself, "Does it make sense?" financially, talent-wise, team needs, etc for both teams. We don't want the W's forum to be like one of those other forums where the scenarios lack validity and people get upset. Anyway, I'm sure you get the point. We appreciate the creativity and effort with the trade checker, just try to take more time, think, then explain and back up your trade idea, otherwise it looks like you're doing it just for the sake of just doing it, rather than using it to spawn an intelligent discussion.

Again take the time and think it out and pretend you're the GM of the other team Mullin is trying to deal with. Pat Garrity has two years left I think and Kelvin Cato is an expiring contract. I doubt they want Foyle unless they are sold on Dunleavy or don't think they can get anything for Cato. Also look at how many small forward they have. They have Hedo Turkogolu and Grant Hill. Also Pat Garrity is more of a power forward and he is really injury prone. I doubt we want that for two years. It also helps to know your NBA players.

20. Custodianrules2

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Run BJM:</div><div class="quote_post">Here is another (assuming we also give up our first rounder):

Outgoing

Derek Fisher

Mike Dunleavy
    6-9 SF from Duke
    Incoming

Rashard Lewis
    Change in team outlook: -4.7 ppg, -3.0 rpg, and -5.4 apg.

Seattle Trade Breakdown
    Outgoing

Rashard Lewis
    Incoming

Derek Fisher

Mike Dunleavy
    6-9 SF from Duke
    Change in team outlook: +4.7 ppg, +3.0 rpg, and +5.4 apg.

Successful Scenario
    Due to Golden State and Seattle being over the cap, the 15% trade rule is invoked. Golden State and Seattle had to be no more than 115% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

Trade ID
    Every trade made by fans is allocated a unique Trade ID which you can share with friends and fellow basketball fans to allow them to see your trade scenario. The Trade ID for this scenario is 2365636.

I dont even know why SEA would do this but Dunleavy's contract is expiring.</div>
    Read my earlier posts regarding your trades.

This trade is absolute BOGUS.