Offseason thread

Discussion in 'New York Rangers' started by mrmel29, Jun 12, 2022.

1. Greyvtrayn

Greyvtrayn Well-Known Member

greeeeaaaaatttttttt

2. kreidertime

kreidertime Well-Known Member

These are the moves that the organization makes that make you shake your head.

3. PorterPanzer

PorterPanzer Active Member

Jimmy's an upgrade over McKegg and most importantly he's cheap but the team's success relies on our kids playing like #1s - noticeable every shift creating scoring chances not gliding around avoiding trouble. Guess Motte wanted too much dough. I always thought Vesey would be better than he turned out during his first time with the Rangers .

4. NYR Fan

NYR Fan Well-Known Member

I'm confused how a contract that can be fully buried in the AHL with no NHL cap impact would make someone shake their head. It is a solid depth move, as you could do a lot worse than Vesey as a 4th line winger. I would rather have Motte, but he wants to get paid, good for him.

5. strudwickisthebest

strudwickisthebest Well-Known Member

Don’t hate the move. Would have rather had Motte. Not sure why they even signed Gauthier . I would say get rid of gautheir and hunt for Motte but now there is less $ with Vesey signed

6. Ranger71

Ranger71 Well-Known Member

Gauthier will be a tack on in a big Kane trade i think.

7. Rangers94

Rangers94 Well-Known Member

I think Kakko might be too honestly. Young talent, great contract. Definitely see him going if we make that trade.

8. kreidertime

Please. We have no money as it is. Wake up.

9. Ranger71

They will have enough built up by the trade DL, but Chicago will need to eat half.

10. NYR31

NYR31 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Huberdeau signs 8/84 extension with Calgary. Did not see that one coming. Good for them.

11. Greyvtrayn

Greyvtrayn Well-Known Member

Paccioretti blew out his achilles. That sucks for him but bigger loss for the Canes. At his age it's going to be tough to come back from that injury.

12. mrmel29

mrmel29 Well-Known Member

Kakko if healthy will be taking a big step forward this year and at any rate because of salary cap considerations alone isn't going anywhere in a trade. if something done with Kane later on a decent size salary would need to be going back the other way.

13. PorterPanzer

I agree with you Mel, most of the young team should take a step forward but Kakko needs to start creating scoring chances or he will continue to get the less than 15 min/game he deserves. I think the postseason run provided these guys with an idea of how different the NHL is from wherever they previously dominated.

14. mrmel29

mrmel29 Well-Known Member

Agreed Panze. Just wonder what happened to the kakko we saw as a teenager in the worlds playing against the nhlers and more than holding his own. Need to see that kakko again!

15. PorterPanzer

These are good times to be a Rangers fan. Extended playoff run with a group of raw young talent including a goalie who is elite, 7 prospects at the World Jrs and finally great special teams. I think it's just youth with Kappo he learned an expensive lesson at contract time. It's nice to go into a season with the question marks involving bottom line players and the #6/7 dman

16. kreidertime

Nothing happened to him it’s called the Rangers are fucking him up because they’re stupid. In the wjc’s he was playing about 20 minutes a game and almost entire power-play it’s not rocket science people

17. NYR Fan

NYR Fan Well-Known Member

Amazing how it hasn't impacted Lafreniere, who looks much better than Kakko thus far. Kakko needs to man up, and stay healthy. He owns that, not the two coaches or two GM's he has played for.

18. Ranger71

For the first year or two Kakko looked a bit nervous and overhandled the puck way too much, whether he was playing 13 min or 18 min. He seems to be finally loosening up and seeing the ice more broadly. His board work is excellent. Part of it was the transition from Finland and not speaking much English.

19. PorterPanzer

Meanwhile Othman and Cuylle are killing it at Juniors despite the Rangers organization's awful mishandling of youth. Kappo has a great opportunity to play in the NHL against the world's best and making a ton of money but nothing is guaranteed. Being a top draft pick obviously brings high expectations from fans. I'm sure the Canes expected more from Gauthier when they used a #1 on him now he's here with the Rangers fighting for a bottom line spot years later.

NYR Fan likes this.
  20. kreidertime

Don’t know why people in our fan base can’t grasp the fact at the Rangers have been atrocious developing Kakko and Lafreniere. Yet, they still seem to slowly be overcoming the organization’s incompetent stupidity.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2022