Oh My Goodness!

Discussion in 'NFC North' started by vikingfan, Dec 20, 2003.

1. vikingfan

vikingfan nfl-*****s member

I really hope this is not another Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. Please, oh please, play the same way the second half.

Please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please.

Thank you.

2. kcgsc

kcgsc Chiefs Enthusiast Extraordinaire

Early congrats on the win guys. I retired to the 19" tv in the bedroom. The way KC is playing, they don't deserve the big screen any longer today.

3. pbvikingplayer

pbvikingplayer nfl-*****s member

the vikings gave the KC Chiefs their most crushing defeat of the season, they played their hearts out, Randy Moss had 2 TD receptions, Onterrio Smith had 3 rushing Td's, ans Brian Russel is a top the NFL in interceptions now, the vikings deserved to win today

4. TheBeef

TheBeef Commish of FUN!

I disagree, I believe the loss at Denver was more crushing for the Broncos, that game really exposed the Chiefs defense as a horrible run stoping unit and gave teams the blueprint on how to beat the Chiefs...and Randy had 2 TDs today, but he didnt play his heart out, I counted 3 plays he completely took off and a catch where he fell to the ground to avoid a hit...not exactly a stellar effort from him

5. 4THNLONGFELLOW

4THNLONGFELLOW Chicago Bears *********

A great win by the VIKES today! The VIKES did look good today and definatly deserved the win. Way to represent the NFC today guy's. I hope that we can continue to do so this coming weekend when we face the CHIEFS at home. GO BEARS!!!!

6. pbvikingplayer

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>I disagree, I believe the loss at Denver was more crushing for the Broncos, that game really exposed the Chiefs defense as a horrible run stoping unit and gave teams the blueprint on how to beat the Chiefs...and Randy had 2 TDs today, but he didnt play his heart out, I counted 3 plays he completely took off and a catch where he fell to the ground to avoid a hit...not exactly a stellar effort from him</div>
    You may be right, and Randy Moss had a pretty good game, but not his best, but what u are talking about when he "intentionally' fell, i looked over that and he actually slipped, his foot came out from under him, that's what i saw anyway, but he still could've done better i think, but onterrio smith with 146 rushing yards, i think the vikings realize finally that he is one of their greatest weapons

7. Rube Cred

Rube Cred nfl-*****s member

How can you even suggest that Moss didn't play a good game? I know the guy has high standards, but give me a break! Did you even notice the play where O. Smith had a nice TD run made possible by Moss blocking not one, but TWO chiefs to clear the final 5 yards? Did you see the shoestring catch for a TD with the defender trying to rip his arms apart? Then he slipped on a nice catch with five Chiefs circled around him... where was he going to go if he didn't slip? He was just going to get punished with a big hit, I'd rather him be healthy... heck, he had the first down anyway. I've been annoyed at Moss numerous times for not having his head in the game, but against the Chiefs he played very well. I don't care if you hate Moss, but you should give credit where credit is due.

8. TheBeef

TheBeef Commish of FUN!

I cant believe you guys let him off like that....This is the guy that might cost you the playoffs by not fighting for the ball agaisnt the Bears 2 weeks ago, and then he catches 2 TDs and all is forgiven...The guy is a super talent that gives a subpar effort. He doesnt give it his all, and thats a serious problem...Imagine if Parcells or Belicheck were his coach, thier heads would explode dealing with Moss. I dont hate Moss, but I hate watching him fall to the ground like a little baby to avoid getting hit...Hes a WR in the National Football League, he should act like a man and not like a mouse....the bottom line is, hes never gonna be the go to guy on a Championship team, because he cant be trusted not to dissappear when it matters most...

9. pbvikingplayer

First of all Rube Cred, i said he played a good game, but he still didn't give it his all, there would have been a lot more passes to him if he was playing excellent, i guess it was enough to win though, but if he doesn't give it his all, they may not get far in the playoffs, and TheBeef, i am almost sure that he slipped, im sure he wouldve tried to keep going if he didn't fall, so id give him a little more credit i think

10. TheBeef

TheBeef Commish of FUN!

Your the Vikings fan, so if you want to give him the benefit of the doubt, thats fine with me, but didnt he shy away from a ball agains the bears too, to avoid a hit????

11. Zackman

Zackman The Historian

He dogged it several times against the Lions in the 1st game they played this year. The announcers pointed it out and ripped on him more that once. It's a shame that someone with so much natural ability will waste his chance to go down as one of the best. He's no Marvin Harrison, that's for sure.

12. pbvikingplayer

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Your the Vikings fan, so if you want to give him the benefit of the doubt, thats fine with me, but didnt he shy away from a ball agains the bears too, to avoid a hit????</div>
    Not sure, wasn't able to watch that game

13. Rube Cred

Rube Cred nfl-*****s member

Like I said, Randy has made me upset plenty of times. He can be a slacker, he pouts all the time if the game isn't going well, he can give a halfhearted effort, but all I'm saying is that I thought he played well vs. the chiefs. I love the Vikes and Moss, but truth be told, he can be a total idiot. When he wants to play, no one can stop him... to bad he doesn't want to play more often. I guess the only thing I'm not sure about is his back injury that he's had all year, I think that might effect him more than he lets on. As much as he makes me mad, I loved every minute of his game on Saturday.