OT Ohtani Sweepstakes (MLB)

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by BonesJones, Dec 7, 2017.

1. santeesioux

santeesioux Just keep on scrolling by

Trolling the internet
    Do you really blame Mariner fans for not filling out the ballpark though? That team has been a dumpster fire for like 16 years and has only made the playoffs like twice in 40 something years.

I heard Seattle is maybe getting an expansion Nhl team we should be getting too, watch that be half empty as well.

BonesJones likes this.
  2. BonesJones

BonesJones https://www.youtube.com/c/blazersuprise

Fuck the Seahawks but go Mariners.. Their franchise has has some tough times much like ours.

riverman likes this.
  3. BonesJones

BonesJones https://www.youtube.com/c/blazersuprise

@Strenuus What do you think about this as plan B? I don't think Dipoto will do it but I think he should:

Sign Lorenzo Cain, play him in center, and rotate Dee Gordon between his normal position of 2B and LF/RF (which is an easier transition). Rotate Cano between 2B and 1B. Healy would go between 1B and DH. I think this is a better situation than transitioning Gordon to CF.

So a normal lineup would be:
    2B Dee Gordon
    SS Jean Segura
    1B Robinson Cano
    DH Nelson Cruz
    CF Lorenzo Cain
    3B Kyle Seager
    LF Mitch Haniger
    RF Ben Gamel
    C Mike Zunino

Bench:
    1B/DH Ryon Healy
    OF Guillermo Heredia

Basically Healy would play whenever Haniger, Gamel, Gordon, Cano, or Cruz got rest.

That offense is nasty. Use whatever payroll budget is left for a starting pitcher and a couple relievers:

Paxton
    FA
    Hernandez
    Leake
    Kuma or someone else.

4. Strenuus

Strenuus Global Moderator Staff Member Global Moderator

Flop Seager and Cain and Im good with that line up. Our pitching suuuuucks though. Which is weird to say, but it does. That's where my optimism wanes... I'd have to do some research on pitcher FA's and look at splits and other nerdy stuff to see what's out there.

BonesJones likes this.
  5. riverman

riverman Writing Team

every team in baseball needs pitching....it's a universal problem...some say last season it's to blame on juiced balls....lot of home runs and wild pitches...nobody could control a slider and catcher's couldn't hold onto anything in the dirt....good for batting, horrible for pitchers..hope they go back to the old balls..apparently they coated the baseballs with some sort of slick clay...guys said they couldn't even sign the balls for fans...ink wouldn't stick

6. THE HCP

THE HCP NorthEastPortland'sFinest

7. ripcityboy

ripcityboy Well-Known Member

self employed
    Fairly common. He received a shot for it earlier this year. Masahiro Tanaka, a Japanese star pitcher with the Yankees has been pitching with a partially torn UCL ligament for three years.

Preventive arm care for pitchers is limited, HCP. Even ones that have 200 million dollar contracts are treated like race horses until their flexor tendons give way and their ulnar collateral ligament rip off. There is no way around it because every team needs a certain number of inninga thrown per year.