Politics OK, Look......I'll Listen (Trump-Related)

Discussion in 'Blazers OT Forum' started by ABM, Aug 3, 2019.

1. calvin natt

calvin natt Confeve

Honest question. You said right to life is a major factor for you. I respect that completely. Do you think being passionate about ones right to life *should* carry over to being passionate about that persons life after birth? Like treating people of all races and sexual orientations well? Do you think Trump does that?

2. ABM

ABM Happily Married In Music City, USA!

Commercial Real Estate
    It's a good question. At some point, I can absolutely share more of my viewpoints on that. That said, I want to stay withing the spirit of this thread and continue to digest others' viewpoints on Trump.

3. TorturedBlazerFan

TorturedBlazerFan Well-Known Member

Baby Daddy
    Not that you’re asking me, but I have a hard time (personally) digesting the idea of late term abortions, early term I think they’re are good points by the pro-choice / women's rights groups. I also think people deserve that “right” and Im not in favor of the death penalty.

Propagandist and SlyPokerDog like this.
  4. SlyPokerDog

SlyPokerDog Woof! Staff Member Administrator

That's twice now I've tried to engage you in conversation and invite you to go into greater detail about your believes. If you want others to share it might be helpful to understand their audience (which is you.)

Do you believe mothers and doctors should be criminally punished for performing or having an abortion?

Do you believe in birth control? Should it be provided? Taught about in school?

About about pregnancies caused by rape?

What about disease or defects with the baby pre-birth?

Should we outlaw overseas adoptions?

If we force a woman to carry a baby to term do we as a society have any financial responsibilities for it?

The bible puts abortion and divorce as equally bad. How do you rectify that as someone who has been divorced?

RR7, Chris Craig and calvin natt like this.
  5. ABM

ABM Happily Married In Music City, USA!

Commercial Real Estate
    Sly, I have been, and am, open to discussions that have to do with me, personally. That's not the nature of this thread, though. As I mentioned at the outset. I'm simply wanting to get more familiar with others' opinions of Donald Trump as President. In other words, just pretend I'm not even here and openly share your (hopefully, objective) thoughts on his Presidency.

6. julius

julius Global Moderator Staff Member Global Moderator

singer songwriter
    Maybe create a new thread where he (and/or others) can address these questions there? It might be an easier flow if his responses to questions (which I don't think was his point?) was in a different thread. @ABM might not agree.

7. TorturedBlazerFan

TorturedBlazerFan Well-Known Member

Baby Daddy
    Im in a mood and stuck with kids at home today so Im answering these questions even though Im not ABM because I think its interesting.

1.). I dont know. Probably not the one arguments for abortions thats I will say I really understand is that people will do them anyways, better done by a doctor then with a hanger in an alley...

2.). I think Sex Education is important, but I also think starting it out on 6-7 year olds is a bit early. I believe that contraception is a good thing (though apparently I suck at using it).

3.). This is part of the reason I have said I understand and appreciate the argument for early term abortions. Though I also just wish women never were raped to begin with.

4.). Depends on the birth defect I guess, some cause danger to the mother, some dont, some mean basically no chance at a normal life, some dont.

5.) No, but we also shouldnt make adoptions cost as much as a ferrari either, not that its like a supermarket, but their are people who would love to adopt and could provide for children that cant afford the upfront costs associated with it.

6.). We have an obligation to the mother, the baby, and really everyone, illegal, legal, irregardless of race, religion, sexuality, etc in my opinion to do what we can to give them a chance to have a good life.

7.) Never been divorced or had an abortion. I dont rectify or justify any of my failures, I own up to them and say I absolutely suck, and work to not make the same mistakes over again.

RR7 likes this.
  8. BlazerWookee

BlazerWookee UNTILT THE DAMN PINWHEEL!

Gear Finisher
    Man. TDS is rampant in here.

9. julius

singer songwriter
    You're right, the Trump defenders Syndrome is rampant.

illmatic99, CupWizier and Chris Craig like this.
  10. Rastapopoulos

Rastapopoulos Well-Known Member

Ballin'
    ABM:
    1. Did you know that your interpretation of the bible as saying life begins at conception is comparatively recent? And that none of the passages you cite compel that interpretation?
    For example, Psalm 139:13-16 "You knit me together in my mother's womb" - why does that suggest conception instead of any point in the development of the fetus? If you believe a person is a body and soul combined, then why can't you interpret "knit" as combining body and soul? Check out the views on ensoulment (Aristotle's view was particularly influential on St. Thomas Aquinas, the greatest of all Christian thinkers).
    Jeremiah 1:15: "Before I formed you in the womb, I knew you."
    If you actually read what that is saying, it says God knew you before you even existed. Does that mean contraception is wrong? Or if you focus on the "formed you in the womb" then (a) the foregoing point applies, and (b) "formed" actually suggests that it happens after conception, because "forming" probably means "took on human shape".
    Job 31:15 "Did not he who made me in the womb..."
    Same point again. Starting to think "made/formed me in the womb" is just a common phrase meaning "created me". And I (who absolutely do not believe that abortion is murder) can still say "I was conceived in the back seat of a Ford Cortina".
    Psalm 22:10: "from my mother’s womb you have been my God."
    Same point again - no mention of conception.
    2. What about Exodus 21:22-25? It says that if as a result of a blow a pregnant woman give birth prematurely or has a miscarriage, then the person who did it just has to pay a fine (and explicitly goes on to say that if death is caused then it's an eye for an eye - thereby implying that the death of the fetus is not on a par with the death of an adult.
    3. Do you honestly HONESTLY believe that Donald Trump shares your beliefs? That he's a devout Christian? Do you know ANYTHING about his personal life? I would bet huge sums of money that he has personally arranged several abortions. Wouldn't you?
    4. If you are really a "single issue voter" (and you're not gung ho about building a wall to keep the brown people at bay) then shouldn't you care about minimizing abortions? But if so, then Donald Trump is a TERRIBLE candidate. The way to minimize abortion is to provide GREAT prenatal care, coupled with free and copious birth control, combined with excellent shame-free sex education. This has been proven effective - look at Scandinavia. If, on the other hand, you just want to make abortion illegal, then I suspect you don't really care about minimizing it.
    5. I trust you are as outraged about fertility treatments as you are about abortion: standard fertility treatments involve the destruction of THOUSANDS of fertilized human eggs on a REGULAR basis.

Given how flagrantly un-Christian Trump is about just about everything, I can't help but wonder about your commitment to Christ. Christ talked copiously about helping the poorest among us and NOT AT ALL about abortion. Do you honestly believe that Christ gave a flying fuck about national borders, Trump (and his supporters)'s number one obsession?

6. In answer to your question: Trump is obviously a mentally impaired psychopathic con-man. I mean he doesn't even try to hide it. He just hopes that by rolling himself in the flag (that he doesn't really give a shit about) and the Bible (that I 100% guarantee he knows less than the average atheist 10 year old about) he will hoodwink people into following him by appealing to their prejudices. And who can blame him? It's worked like a charm so far.

11. Chris Craig

Chris Craig (Blazersland) I'm Your Huckleberry Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

First off, I believe that abortion is a matter of a women's body, and men should have no say in it.

I don't believe a doctor or mother should be criminally punished for performing/ having an abortion. Maybe a late term.

I believe in birth control. It should be provided and it should be taught. There is such an issue because people aren't informed.

I believe a woman should have a right to an abortion if she is raped, God forbid. That's terrible and I could see why she would want to. I could never understand it as a man, but I can see.

I think it depends on the disease. If the child can live and not suffer, I don't see why an abortion is neccessary. If it's a debilitating disease or defect and the child would spend his/her life suffering in pain, I could see it being neccessary.

Ban overseas abortions? We can't say what happens in another country. We don't make everyones laws.

I don't think a woman should be forced to do anything. But, yes there is an obligation.

I don't think one can equate divorce and abortion.

illmatic99, riverman and SlyPokerDog like this.
  12. CupWizier

CupWizier Well-Known Member

retired
    My opinion on trump is that he is a despicable human being and if we ran in the same circles I could never be friends with a person who has the views he has.

He doesn't like blacks. I have 2 grandkids and 2 nieces that are mixed black and white

He shows very little respect to women

He constantly lies

He has been one of the least transparent presidents we have had despite his constant claim that he is the most transparent (just another lie). His refusal to show his taxes clearly indicates he has something to hide.

His view of the environment is horrible and I feel sorry for generations if we continue down the path he wants to go

The constant divide in this country is solely on his shoulders

His mistreatment of immigrant children as well as the adults is disgusting for a country that is suppose to be a world leader and show compassion to all people regardless of race, religion or gender.

He caters to big business while squashing the middle class on down.

His out of control spending with excessive amounts to the military and his attempt to divert funds that were appropriated elsewhere for his stupid border wall that was promised by him to be paid by Mexico.

His continual cozying up to the dictators and his constant creation of separation from our allies.

I could go on and on, but that's enough to show why I despise the cheeto in the oval office.

13. The Professional Fan

The Professional Fan Big League Scrub

Not one ounce of me believes the premise of ABM's original post. Sorry. I don't.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2019
    CupWizier likes this.
  14. Natebishop3

Natebishop3 Don't tread on me!

Trump is not a Republican. Trump is an opportunist. He'll say anything people want to hear in order to get elected and raid the hen house. The guy is in office to make money. He doesn't give a rats ass about Christian values or anything else. He played to people's fear and their hatred. It got him elected and it got people to ignore their own values to elect someone that clearly doesn't share their moral compass.

Voting for him is voting against this country. Plain and simple.

15. julius

singer songwriter
    This video just shows he is not a decent human being. Any decent, moral person would respond to the person in the crowd by saying "no, we don't need to shoot them. They're human beings looking for a better life".

What does this sycophant, this psychopath do?

He laughs.

RR7 and riverman like this.
  16. Stevenson

Stevenson Old School

Writer
    Interesting topic @ABM. Just today I said to my wife, "I don't se how anyone who is really a Christian, who follows Jesus' example, could support this guy."

I'm not talking policies, abortion, etc. I mean, how could a Christian support this amoral, deceitful, lost, repugnant man who stands and acts in opposition to everything Jesus and his life were about?

17. MARIS61

MARIS61 Real American

retired Yankee
    Trump is the only President who has ever helped minorities be self-sufficient and claim the American Dream, and it is amazing how quickly he snuck it all past or forced it through Congress against their will. The First Step Act and Prison Reform are monumental programs that restore criminals, mostly minorities, to society and give them an honest chance at an honest life. Incredible all-time record employment numbers for minorities seemed to appear from nowhere once he jump-started our perpetually stagnant economy. His tariffs on China attack modern slavery at it's home base of China, where modern day slave-renters Phil Knight, Bill Gates and their 1 percenter friends have their products made by children, prisoners and over 1 million Muslims who all work 15 hr days every day of their lives. Your computer and your nikes were made by slaves who are probably dead now. Every President since Nixon has used China's slavery to prop up our economy, because it was easy, secret, and because they were too ignorant of the business world to recognize a well negotiated business deal is more powerful than any diplomatic threat or pact.

Most colorblind President ever. Hires people to perform and if they drag their heels or otherwise fail to perform he fires them and hires another prospect. Judges people by their actions and successes and that's the only people who should ever be allowed to serve in public office. Draining the swamp is a real thing and it means eradicating thousands of longtime deadbeats accomplishing nothing while draining billions of taxpayers dollars in salaries alone.

18. BonesJones

BonesJones https://www.youtube.com/c/blazersuprise

L
    M
    F
    A
    O

You seriously cant believe the stuff you write.

stampedehero likes this.
  19. Lanny

Lanny Original Season Ticket Holder "Mr. Big Shot"

Elec. & Computer Engineer OSU Computer Science PSU
    Do you think you're gonna cut down on abortions by outlawing them? I see it as having the opposite effect.

20. riverman

riverman Writing Team

This is clearly white hate speech....minorities have become self sufficient and claimed the American dream long before the spoiled rich white New Yorker ever opened his mouth....your post is condescending to hard working people all around the country ….you think Trump is a pied piper for immigration and minority success in America......I think you're just spewing bs just to sound like your twitter idol. Trump is the worst leader ever to hold office and you are just his cheerleader.....good luck with that. What your guy has done is embolden violent racists to take up arms and spout supremacy and division. You talk of Chinese slavery, American slavery when in fact Trump has put the American farmer...backbone of the nation on welfare even though he and his family have profited from Chinese labor …..see Macy's dept store and Trumps Chinese ties....

Last edited: Aug 4, 2019
    stampedehero, Lanny and Stevenson like this.