Olympiakos Could Join LeBron Sweepstakes in 2010

Discussion in 'International Basketball' started by kobimel, Aug 1, 2008.

1. pegs

pegs My future wife.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (#1_War_Poet_ForLife @ Aug 4 2008, 01:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Not if he leaves.</div>

other than Lebron

EDIT: Wow, thanks for making me feel like I'm arguing with a Knicks fan. [​IMG]

2. Chutney

Chutney MON-STRAWRRR!!1!

Its still a lot of time until 2010. He could prove himself to be the best in the NBA by then, and then he can do whatever the hell he wants. This tarnished reputation thing only makes sense if you consider the NBA as the be all and end all of basketball. And if you buy the "not everyone's in it for the money" rhetoric.

3. GMJ

GMJ Suspended

Lebron's legacy wouldn't be tarnished to more aware basketball fans like us, but imagine for a second if we weren't representing of most NBA fans. A lot of them would see Lebron falling out of the scope of what they define to be basketball. I could see him falling out of favor with a lot of youth who see him as a guy who's leaving their country, and their dream (the NBA).

4. kobimel

kobimel Hapoel

A new report (find it in the Cavs forum) has 50,000,000 as the magic number to get Bron to Europe. Anyone doubt that CSKA and/or Olympiakos's owners wouldn't mind parting with such an amount? Here are some numbers for you:

Josh Childress: 7 million dollars per year
    Nenad Krstic/Carlos Delfino: 5 million dollars per year

Anthony Parker was reportedly offered 12 million dollars per year to play for Olympiakos

Then, remember that all 4 of those contracts are multiyear deals and that 2010 LeBron will be the best player in the world.

Also, know that both teams' owners are multi billionaires and don't mind losing millions upon millions of euros in order to lead their respective team to glory.

Any doubt now?

5. Lavalamp

Lavalamp Member

It would feel weird if Lebron left the NBA. I know he is only 1 player, but it would feel like a big blow to the NBA.